[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Play Anywhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So, do you guys think that Play Anywhere killed Xbox? It would be wise to finish this service?
>>
Nah, I like that I can play on PC and my brother on the xbox. This eliminates having to splitscreen and we're still next to each other to get mad as fuck. Also, anything I buy, my brother gets to play as well. One of the better decisions from Microsoft
>>
>>380663567

It certainly hasn't helped Xbox's sales at all and probably stunted them a bit.

That said I'm pretty sure the bones performance was a done deal since shortly after launch. I don't think play anywhere has had an effect anywhere near the disastrous launch pricing + kinect + bad PR
>>
>>380663567
Nah this is what companies who truly care about their consumers and ecosystems do.

If it's a play anywhere game I will buy it over any other version.
>>
>>380663567
lol no
>>
>>380663789
Xbone is doing fine saleswise though, it's outpaced the 360
>>
>>380663567
How is more options a bad thing for consumers?
>>
>>380664428

>outpaced the 360

I'm almost positive that's no longer true. It was for the first couple years though.

Had it launched at $399 with no kinect it would probably be rivaling the PS4 right now instead of being in a distant 2nd.

Everything we're seeing now is just the result of momentum from the first year they were for sale.
>>
If all of Microsofts "exclusives" are on Pc besides for 4 games what is the point for PC players to buy an Xbox? Absolutely none.

Now take PS4 it has exclusives that CANNOT be played anywhere else

Nintendo has games that can't be played anywhere else ( sort of), also offer portability option.
>>
File: Windows 10 & Xbox.png (1MB, 1436x1736px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10 & Xbox.png
1MB, 1436x1736px
>>380663567
>>380663789
This. It might hurt the hardware sales of their console in the long run. I can't understand Microsoft for doing this.
>>
>>380665783
Because they don't care if you buy it on Windows (through the windows store) or Xbox (through the windows store).

And as much as PC Mustard Race wants to say it, the majority of gamers don't have PCs or game on PC.
They pickup consoles. PC was never a consideration to them. (Think young children, or dudebros)

So basically to Microsoft:
They're just getting extra sales they otherwise would've never gotten, through the PC Windows Store.
They strengthen their Windows platform.
They're not sacrificing that significant of hardware sales because true console gamers and PC gamers aren't a significant intersecting demographic.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.