[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so how are you liking the demo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

File: never owaitsis.jpg (770KB, 2000x1000px)
never owaitsis.jpg
770KB, 2000x1000px
so how are you liking the demo?
>>
>>380662640

It was a bit shorter than I expected but it was fun regardless.
>>
Oh shit there's a demo? Neat.
>>
File: teth.jpg (94KB, 912x610px)
teth.jpg
94KB, 912x610px
>>380662878
This
I was on the fence for a long time, but actually playing made me want to buy
and I had no idea it was releasing next week, so that's a plus
>>
>>380662640
Can't play it yet, I need to know, is it comfy
>>
So is the game for children? I kind of want to get this since apparently people from the Mana series are working on it, but i wonder if this has any depth.
>>
>>380663721
wait next week?

Actually terrible for me, i can,t really justify buying it right after I get arms tommorow.
>>
>>380663968
very
>>380664105
seems like it would be pretty easy but not without plenty to do
>>
>>380662640
It's ok. Maybe I'll buy it right away, maybe I'll wait a bit.
>>
Playing the demo right now, pretty fun and maximum comfy. I think I'll get this over ARMS.
>>
>Equipment show up on all party members

Well, now it's a day-one buy.
>>
Can't wait to pick me up a copy of the game next week.
>>
>>380662640
Wish it had a big monster fight, but it's pretty fun.

The combat is pretty much the same as MH, including cooldowns after combos. Felt nice. Wish camera could be controlled through DPAD, however.
>>
Really wish it was like the sun and moon demo though, you could just keep playing after it ended
>>380667947
I also though this, was R used for anything? but L wasn't free so it probably be too awkward
>>
The demo itself could've stood to be more thorough, something like the EO demos that give you the first bit of the game and then you can carry progress over to the full title would've been great over a truncated version of the demo they played at Treehouse last E3.

I liked the gameplay itself, though I wish movement was faster and that there was some Z-axis going down in combat. I love how it seems every Oasis resident can be a party member.
>>
>>380668187
>was R used for anything
Not in the demo at least.
>>
>>380668187
R didn't seem to do anything in the demo, but on n3DS, zL gives a first person camera, zR is another character swap button, and the C-Stick works for camera control.
>>
It's a pathetic, boring slog, and the main game is going to be much worse.
It's not even akin to a Mana game (I never played the PS2 SD4 though), so much as it is a shittier party-Ys style of game (Seven, Celceta, 8), with the same kinds of gigantic maps with enemies and resources barely sprinkled about but this time your allies move like snails, much less action and puzzle depth (which is sad considering how little depth party-Ys games have) and fifty times more handholding. Also a tiny pinch of Actraiser, but done in the style of a fucking mobile game (i.e. passive real life time-based bullshit instead of reasonable returns within in-game time or even just from the time you're going outside and returning, also, in lieu of gacha shit, you have to tediously gather various miscellaneous materials to do pretty much anything that isn't just buying equipment). This game is literally made for children.
>First puzzle in the game
>zooms into the thing, pans to the very thing I have to mess with
>think to myself, "oh, looks like it really wants me to use that whirlwind magic here"
>immediately afterwards, the mandatory in-game tutorial shit "HEY TETHU IF YOU USE YOUR WIND MAGIC ON THAT STATUE I BET SOMETHING COOL WILL HAPPEN"
>this happens for each puzzle afterwards, despite all the hints and screens available that you could look this up yourself and even having ways to possibly learn things before the tutorial forcefeeds you the answer (the pellet for the former and the Miura's spear flipping things over for the latter)
I was seriously disgusted.
You know what else is disgusting? The level-up system.
>every time you want to level up, you have to go back to oasis town (maybe you get an upgrade in the full game to do so at save points, but based on the way the demo was setup, I doubt it)
Enemies are a predictable joke and "difficulty" is bigger numbers solved via grinding.

But it's "comfy" so /v/ gives it a pass.
>>380665875
Nope. Can't change equipment of non-seedlings.
>>
I like it a lot. I might buy this day one. I'm only sad that there's no multiplayer.
>>
>>380667947
>The combat is pretty much the same as MH
Wow, what a fucking liar you are.
>>
File: IMG_1265.jpg (96KB, 640x512px)
IMG_1265.jpg
96KB, 640x512px
>>380662640
Liking it so far.

Quick! Complete this sentence: I want to ____ Isuna.
>>
File: 1323222240001.jpg (21KB, 409x409px)
1323222240001.jpg
21KB, 409x409px
>>380662640
Demo makes the game looks like comfy as fuck.
Shame it's not longer but still I'm going to get it for the comfy and for managing an Oasis.
>>
>>380668780
>I want to ____ Isuna.
I want to bestiality Isuna.
>>
>>380668780
protect
>>
>>380668616
> a demo shows everything the game has to offer
>>
>>380668780
sushi
>>
File: 46456456.jpg (45KB, 702x387px)
46456456.jpg
45KB, 702x387px
WHERE ARE THE LEWDS?
>inb4 nothing but scaly shit
>>
File: My waifu.png (349KB, 1280x1499px) Image search: [Google]
My waifu.png
349KB, 1280x1499px
>>380669715
>Talking shit to best waifu
>>
>>380669127
I'd say he made some pretty fine observations. I guess the game might have more to it in the full release, but it's fair to make that sort of judgement from what the demo showed, especially when we don't have the full game to show anything otherwise.
>>
File: tethu2.jpg (226KB, 585x855px)
tethu2.jpg
226KB, 585x855px
>>380669715
I know, right?
>Extremely little lewds of Tethu
>>
Tethu can be male or female in the full game, right?
>>
>>380668761
Are you going to offer a counterargument? It plays the same and has the same control schemes.
>>
>>380669873
I agree, but I still liked it
>>
>>380670151
yes. male(female)
>>
>>380663126
This. I only knew the mii shit was out, gonna grab them both
>>
>>380670151
Yeah, here's the gurl >>380663721
>>
piqued my interest a lot
>>
>>380662640
Played like a slower, uglier, Ys game, so meh.
>>
>>380663721
>>380670354

TETHU IS CUTE
>>
Hadn't heard of it before, but OP's image looks kinda neat. Okay, I'll admit by that I mean the reptile looks cute.
Downloading demo now.
>>
so you can use any of the characters? and there's a lot of characters to recruit?

Are they pretty unique like the spear lizard thing?
>>
When is the game going to leak?
>>
>>380662640
>you can send expeditions for resources
Jesus, this can't get any more mobage beside adding gachashit.
>>
>>380670550
>wanting to manually grind resources yourself
are you serious
>>
Can I marry the snake thing?
>>
>>380662640
It's extremely boring
>>
Esna/Isuna is huge. I was expecting her to be Tethu's size
>>
Remember when this cutesy 3DS game was announced at E3 last year by this Yakuza-looking dude?
>>
>>380670659
That's how it is in most games. Going by your logic we might as well get rid of combat and turn it into town building game, because
>wanting to fight baddies yourself
>>
>>380670795
I agree which is why I'd like to automate it.
>>
>randomized dungeon crawling
>home base management
I am getting mystery dungeon vibes from this.
>>
>>380662640
it's okay but I really can't stand 3DS graphics anymore
>>
>>380671034
what kind of contrarian bullshit are you trying to pull here
fighting is way more fun and involved than walking up to a point and merely pressing a
>>
Demo is pretty nice.
I hope there's some good depth and length to the game.

Also good customization for your character and town.
>>
So what are the odds of this actually selling enough to become a series? I feel bad for it considering how hilariously ignored it is
>>
>>380671253
slim to non. theres practically ZERO advertising for it so its doomed to obscurity.
>>
Holy hell, this is coming out next week? Well fuck
>>
>>380671210
You can send expeditions for monster parts too, so it kinda diminishes the importance of the combat. And that's why I don't like it.
>>
>>380671696
I think it's more to have something for your party members to do instead of just being idle, since you can recruit a lot of critters I don't see the harm
>>
>>380671696
it would diminish the importance of the combat if you didn't have to do it at all
>>
>>380671696
You can do the same thing in monster hunter.
>>
>>380669127
Honestly?
The more they shove in, the more tedious it will be.
>have to keep money-shops stocked using items you get from chopping resource points and/or enemies along with things you have to farm, which is going to take time to grow
>one of the only ways (at first, at least, since I would like to hope they give you more options later on) to get these in bulk is to trade uncommon and possibly rare items to the merchant, and it isn't always the stuff you need either
>can't sell stuff you don't need for actual money
>from what I can tell, you can't actually get money unless you are in the town and watch the Noots and other townsfolk go in the stores, come out, and then have the money add to your total (my reasoning being that the entire time I was outside of the town, my money never seemed to increase. I didn't keep track inside of town when I wasn't in the shopping center, so I don't know if all you have to do is be in the town or if you must be in the shopping center itself)

This is on top of the other side-quests you'll probably end up doing, partly because it levels up the oasis, and thus provides passive benefits, but also because I get the feeling there will probably be a point in the game where you have to do certain "side-quest"-ish stuff in order to progress the story itself (now this is just a feeling, but I still don't like the odds).

Again, you move damn slow and the desert is way too big for how little is in it. One case in point being how long it takes to get to the desert dungeon without even fighting any enemies. It wasn't due to having to solve puzzles or navigate obstacles in terrain, it was just a bigass patch of dead space in a game where there's no running. Maybe you get a little vehicle later in the full game, but early on, that's a real joykill. I imagine the later overworld areas will be even bigger, which ain't sounding too good. tbc
>>
>>380672142
Also, as I noted, the party-Ys style of most foes resisting all but a certain damage type only drags the extremely simple combat on further than it needs to be.

>>380670550
>>380671696
Well, that's nice to know. It's a shame you can't do that in the demo, because most of the townsfolk are doing literally nothing while the noots are just waddling about, sometimes buying stuff, sometimes passing it by without a care.
I hope the merchant gets less shit as well.

>>380670197
Monster Hunter didn't invent the "two-buttons for main and alternate attacks" control scheme, and while Monster Hunter may not have as many options per weapon as Devil May Cry or other such games, it sure as fuck isn't as goddamn simple as Ever Oasis' combat.
>>
Was planning to pick it up, but the demo makes me feel it might be more of a waste a money. Game just feels like it's attempting to do too many things at the same time to accomplish what it sets out to be. Not sure if it's because of it just being a short poorly planned demo or the actual game is really like that.
>>
>>380668616
>party Ys is bad
Well fuck you too faggot
>>
>>380670431
>so you can use any of the characters?
Most, but the demo only lets you use three.
>Are they pretty unique like the spear lizard thing?
No. If you haven't played the demo, most characters (at least the seedlings) fall into archetypes as seen in the status screens. Tethu isn't even the only sword user. Seems to be the only one who has "Rainbow Protection" or whatever it's called. I couldn't tell what it did, but I'd rather him have the passive healing that other seedlings had. And as noted earlier, you can't change the equipment of non-seedling characters, which I'm pretty sure will happen in the main game as well, since unlike other things in the demo, it didn't have that "THIS ISN'T AVAILABLE IN THE DEMO" label slapped on it.
This also includes the little clothing they can wear purely for aesthetics.
>>
>>380673327
I would wait for the full game before saying you can't customize your party, seems pretty silly for a RPG
>>
>>380672707
>Monster Hunter didn't invent the "two-buttons for main and alternate attacks" control scheme
X and A for attack, L for centering/targeting, B to roll and Y for extra shit including putting weapon away, reminds you of anything? It's only missing R for parry/run.

> and while Monster Hunter may not have as many options per weapon as Devil May Cry or other such games, it sure as fuck isn't as goddamn simple as Ever Oasis' combat.
The demo clearly doesn't have all the options for combos unlocked, moron. It's very much implied more stuff shows up.
>>
Won't have a chance to try it until tomorrow; it is really like Dark Cloud/Chronicle like people were suggesting?
>>
>>380673278
It's not bad. I liked Seven and Celceta, and I plan on buying 8 despite it looking fucking disgusting story-wise. But you're talking silly if you think they're challenging. They boil down to raise your meter, spam your strongest multi-hit specials, then spam your supers, all while blocking and/or dodging some lackluster attack patterns.
I liked the Napishtim engine games more, but then again I'm also a sick fuck who likes the original Ys 3, as well as the older hump-and-bump games including Dawn of Ys, mostly because they still managed to provide some challenge despite the ability to overlevel (if you're crazy enough to after the experience gains drop really low).
The removal of jumping in Seven really hurt its potential, despite being a solid game. Celceta could have really used it, but I'm glad we're getting at least something in 8. Hopefully Dana's new style-system will convince Falcom to return to solo-Adol gameplay or at the most, Adol-and-Dogi.
>>
>>380673510
I didn't say you couldn't. Just that couldn't do it for non-seedlings. Case in point being Miura.
>>380673684
>reminds you of anything?
Yeah. Kingdom Hearts, if you're going to try to boil MH down to that.
>>
>>380674663
>Kingdom Hearts
>light and heavy attacks

It's nothing like MH but that's even more absurd
>>
File: 1491269546981.png (119KB, 313x399px)
1491269546981.png
119KB, 313x399px
>>380662640

This soundtrack is so comfy. I'm impressed.

I haven't bought a 3DS game since Pokemon Sun, but I may have to pick this and the new Metroid up.
>>
>>380675252
I know, but that's the only thing I could think of off the top of my head in terms of awkward button placement. That being said, at least a few beat 'em ups have something similar to MH's control concepts. I know I'm not getting old in regards to that at least.
Oh, and
>KH
>light and heavy attacks
Well, to be a devil's advocate, it "has" them, but only as part of a string, and primarily as finishers, which you can't freely customize akin to something like God Hand. Damn shame on SE's part. Unless someone was a total nutcase and counted magic and skills/limits/whatever they're called now as heavy attacks. But that's way off.
>>
>>380676167
Oh yeah, now that I think about it. Spectrobes 2 also had a similar system to its attacks, mostly when playing as Rallen, except guns and, IIRC, swords, would have different "weights" due to different shot types (at least) so one would feel like more of a heavy attack than the other, but that's still pushing it, because that game gave me vibes more similar to Megaman Legends (the Rallen sections that is) if anything.
>>
>>380675252
Exactly.
>wow this game has attacks?
>It's like MH
Fucking stupid.
>>
Miura is cute!
>>
File: 1495061903338.jpg (110KB, 410x416px)
1495061903338.jpg
110KB, 410x416px
>>380676639
>this kiddy game has the exact same button placement and combat with cooldowns to force you into thinking before you act, with weapons that play very different from each other
>comparing it to my precious MH is sacrilege
>>
>>380676748
I found it trippy how different her giggle was from her grunts. Almost sounded like two different VAs.
>>
>>380677108
>with weapons that play very different from each other
I liked it better when Megaman did it.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.