[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...and with that the dust has been settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1497562639858.jpg (552KB, 504x947px) Image search: [Google]
1497562639858.jpg
552KB, 504x947px
...and with that

the dust has been settled
>>
yea this shitty overused meme really cleared things up for me, thanks anon.
>>
>>380662468
>being this desperate

nioh was forgotten almost instantly after it was released
>>
>>380662468
Swap Nioh swap with DaS2 and we good.
>>
File: 1496028615632.png (98KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
1496028615632.png
98KB, 284x177px
Am I supposed to be looking at it upside down?
>>
>>380662597
forgotten by the truly unenlightened
>>
>>380662670
name one good moment in nioh
>>
ds3+blood > ds1 > ds2+nioh > des
>>
>>380662847
every second

it has the enlightened man's combat system
>>
Bloodborne = Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls > Demons Souls > Nioh > Dark Souls 2

This is the only objective way of looking at it.
>>
>>380662925
The combat in nioh is pretty good,
shame its held back by dogshit level design, no enemy variaty, hit or miss bosses, among other nitpicky things.
A major issue for me was zero pvp, revenants were a pretty weak way of shoehorning it in :/
>>
>>380662468
lolno
Nioh is literally at the same tier as Dark Souls 3, both games have casualized the experience from DeS and DS1. one has Diablo loot system to make you overpowered by farming gear, the other gives you a ridiculouly long lifebar, a fuckton of estus and infinite rolling
BB also made it a bit easier, but has compensated with lots of AoE and *teleports behind you*
>>
>>380663379
This.

Nioh is great but it's held back by its level design and lack of enemy variety. The bosses are okay but too many of them are far too easy and the pvp patch came way too late for a community to form around it. It's a shame really because the combat is pretty good if unbalanced.
>>
How the fuck is DeS not below DS3? It's literally Dark Souls beta.
>>
>>380663678
enemy variety is a legitimate complaint, even after the DLC, but I don't really see anything wrong with the level design
>>
>>380663808
because DS3 is glorified garbage
>>
>>380663379
there is pvp, but it isn't good

and revenants are just a neat mechanic like bloodstains that fit in well with the loot system
>>
>>380663808
because it's older so you can't talk bad about it
>>
>>380663850
Well the levels themselves are fine but they're short and get reused a lot with little variation on the actual map. They're designed to be used and reused which makes even the well designed levels repetitious and boring after your 5th time through them in a single playthrough.
>>
>>380663957
Dark Souls 3 it's an incredible game, you really find the flaws when you already put like 200hs in.

Dark Souls 1,2 and Demon's are much more imperfect.
>>
>soulshit
lmao
>>
>>380664443
I see.

That's fair, but it's a little difficult to design a level to get reused repeatedly and not get repetitious.
>>
File: 1473129790044.jpg (55KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473129790044.jpg
55KB, 1280x800px
>>380664582
t.
>>
>>380664770
And I'm still right.
>>
>>380664582
right out of the gate dark souls 3 is an unfun shitfest

the areas are not interesting to explore, none of the enemies are entertaining to fight, it's the most linear game in the series, the combat is almost as sluggish as dark souls 2 and the movesets are not impressive
>>
>>380665227
I agree with you in that the lineality of the game it's pretty bad, but not in the rest.

It has many big areas with lots of things to see. To me, the enemies are not that bad (it's true that some are the purest shit, but in generals terms i believe that the enemies are good).

>the combat is almost as sluggish as dark souls 2 and the movesets are not impressive.

I don't agree at all. I don't know how you wrote that.
>>
>>380665227
I do hate everything related to the online in the game because everything works terribly. I do love the PvE and the bosses and the lore, and all that.
>>
DeS is old and busted
>>
>>380665227
having spent over 200 hours in both SOTFS and DS3 at 60fps, I can safely say you're objectively wrong. the combat's difference is night and day mostly because DS3 takes some improvements from Bloodborne's gameplay
>>
>>380662468
>That shit inventory system
>Terrible online
>No pvp
>Boring level design
>Boring enemies
>F2P MMO artstyle
>Too fast.
>Stances

"No".
>>
File: NiOh.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NiOh.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>380662468
>Nioh that great

Nioh is excellent and at first it may seem like it's better than the rest but that's just on the surface. Once you get accustomed to the controls and different stances, Nioh become decidedly easier than From's games. Nioh guy's stance switching abilities refill Ki instantly between combos meaning that you'll have infinite stamina if you change you stance every so often at the correct time.
>>
>>380662468
fucking contrarians

Nioh is Soulsborne with all the things that make the games great removed, and set in Japan

enjoy your mediocre clone
>>
>>380666941
>Once you get accustomed to the controls and different stances, Nioh become decidedly easier than From's games. Nioh guy's stance switching abilities refill Ki instantly between combos meaning that you'll have infinite stamina if you change you stance every so often at the correct time.
you say that like it's a bad thing

ki pulse and the mechanics that branch from it are part of what makes the combat system so good and the fact that you can change stances without triggering a ki pulse if you're in the middle of a combo opens up all kinds of new possibilities
>>
I'll be completely honest, I'm glad that /v/ dislikes DS3 as much as I did. The areas got boring fast, I even preferred DS2 to it because at least the DLC was good.
>>
>>380662468
Yeah pretty accurate.
>>
>>380666940
>That shit inventory system
wrong
>Terrible online
wrong
>No pvp
wrong
>Boring level design
wrong
>Boring enemies
wrong
>F2P MMO artstyle
wrong
>Too fast
>Stances
worst taste
>>
>>380662468
This list is missing The Surge though.
>>
>>380664582
Seconded. Only nostalgia cucks and indian poortards will choose something old and imperfect to DS3. Brain damaged kids all the way
>>
>>380667806
you can't see it because the image cuts off, but it's one brain smaller than DaS2
>>
>>380667459
I love Nioh, stance switching isn't a bad thing, I appreciate all of the unique branching skill uprades and different moves based on different stances. Having said that, that freedom of movement coupled with al those buffs can make the game fell easier than the Souls games. It's just my perspective on it but I still need to finish it so I'll digress.
>>
man, Nioh started sucking at some point. I still haven't finished it but I've been fighting the same enemies for the last like 10 hours. It's ridiculously padded for no reason. Just end already.
>>
>>380664636
Well an easy way around that would actually be to make different maps and/or not reuse them 8 times. Make bigger maps for the main missions and for side missions take assets from those larger maps and mix them together. They're side missions removed from the main story so its not like they have to make perfect sense with the world. They have maps in the spirit world already so why could the excuse not be to make them take place there? Boom.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.