[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DMC, NG, Cuhrayzee, Stylish Bros, WE SURVIVED E3 THIS TIME!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Project Shift.jpg (120KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
Project Shift.jpg
120KB, 1536x864px
I have been trying to find this game since it was shown on Microsoft's conference. We didn't get DMC5, but at least we got ONE thing to look forward to from E3 and it looks pretty good. It also has an original mechanic that Capcom, Team Ninja, nor Platinum created - floor/wall mechanic that can be done in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUcohywK5E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3y1dpBWzA
>>
File: Peters_principle.svg.png (25KB, 440x349px) Image search: [Google]
Peters_principle.svg.png
25KB, 440x349px
>>380658273
Looks pretty bad ass. Every play that 2D bloodrayne game? That game was awesome. The only good bloodrayne game ever made and it's a spin off lol.
>>
>>380658273
Finally, someone released a trailer for this. I knew it was a chinese dev. Anyway, it looks OK, but similar to other chinese 2D action games, ICEY, rainblood, etc. We'll have to wait and see how it feels and plays.
>>
>>380661307
It's the official dev channel and in the comment section they answered a bunch of questions.

Yes, you are correct: there are multiple blades and no weapon switch/toggle functions. Each blade signifies a different type of attack (Small, Medium, Large). Good observation.

You can mix attack types in your combos (of course) and there is no lock button, as you’ve noticed. If you move back + attack, you simply just turn to attack on the other side. We are all fans of DMC, like yourself, and the decision was made to not have a lock button to make things simpler and flow along better with the amount of enemies coming from all sides.

Yes, if changing or altering enemy positioning is part of your strategy in our game, it would allow you to be more efficient and killing enemies and performing better combos.

“Wall running” is definitely limited. This is indicated by the corresponding energy meter. However, you can recover/add to the meter when you kill enemies when you’re in the air.

Our parallel world, specifically the futuristic world, is still mostly a work-in-progress. A lot of the future levels you saw in the video are temporary and constantly being updated. Should the two parallel stages and levels look more like each other or less?

Yes, once the enemies are caught in your combo, provided that you don’t screw up on performing the particular combo you are executing, the enemy cannot escape your combos.
>>
>>380661952
cont...

What do you think? Should there be a “probability” module factored into this where certain enemies have a certain % of chance to parry and get out of your combo? As of now, they cannot get out of your combo during your properly timed rhythm of button pressing.

Taunting definitely seems interesting, almost fitting especially during PvP, right? This is something I can bring up in our next meeting. But can the taunting act as a game-mechanic as well? For example, should or could a taunt be used to anger enemies and cause them to take less caution and charge at you?

When you are performing a combo, you can also use “dodge” to end your combos at any time (or simply just decide not to continue the combo, of course)

There is also an added defensive element for counterattacks/parry, but only for certain enemies.

For the big blade, it’s just one button + direction, and pressing it continuously (without being hurt by anything) will execute different moves with the big sword. Breaking the combo with a properly timed “gap” between the last press will execute a different result as well.

For the small and medium blade, it’s just one button. However, for the small blade to appear, you hold down the button (long press). For the medium blade, it’s more like the big blade where it’s based on rhythm and speed (rate of press) + direction. In this respect, I guess you can see the small blade plays a smaller role even though it’s on the same button as the medium blade (the only way for small blade to come out is to hold down the medium blade button for a longer press). The small blade attack is a rapid succession of mid-height slashes. Should the small blade play a bigger role?

You can mix blades during combos too. Aside from combos, there are fatalities you can execute at certain situations (as you’ve seen in the video)
>>
>>380662056
cont...

There is no user-control camera with the control pad. Personally, I like the idea of having all swings being executed on the right analog because it frees up some buttons for other options and you can use a modifier button (like a shoulder button) to decide which blade is swung. I think using right analog to swing blades provides an element of immersiveness to the game, more intuitive (act of swinging)new levels of strategy (timing), and something refreshing to the market (no one has ever seen analog attacks for a side-scrolling action game). However, the idea did not catch on with everyone on our team.

When you are being attacked, only certain enemy types allow you to return a block/perry

When you are performing a single attack, before you land your attack, you can use “dodge” to breakout of the animation.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.