[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SONY:NO CROSSPLAY BECAUSE SONY'S FANBASE IS TOO KIDDY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: NSwitch-Xbox-1170x506.png (532KB, 1170x506px) Image search: [Google]
NSwitch-Xbox-1170x506.png
532KB, 1170x506px
>Well, you must see that PlayStation owners are upset. They want to play with Switch owners, PC owners and Xbox One owners for these two big and important games, and they don't have an explanation for why. That's what I'm getting at, really.

>Jim Ryan: Yeah. We've got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base. Minecraft - the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it's all ages but it's also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it's something we have to think about very carefully.
>>
>>380655467
THOSE ARE JUST FUCKING FALSEFLAGGERS DON'T LISTEN TO THEM SONY-SAMA WE DON'T WANT TO BE NEAR THE FILTH THAT IS M$ AND SHITTENDO I'LL PAY YOU TO KEEP US SAFE FROM THEM
>>
>>380655467
Well yeah.
Sony specifically targets the 8 to 15 year old audience.
>>
>M$ and Nintendo team up to try and make Sony the bad guys
>The internet falls for it

You people are so easy.
>>
>>380656706
My bro uses his PS4 for online play and all he gets is 12yo players on voice chat
>>
>>380655467
>99% of the bait and troll threads on /v/ are from Sonybabbys
>Sony markets to kids

Really gets that corn popping
>>
Is this why Rocket League gets no crossplay with PS4 too?
>>
>>380657209
sony was invited. and said no. if they said yes they wouldn't be the bad guys. if their lame excuse wasn't garbage people wouldn't be pissed either. i mean they could be honest and say no that it isn't for them or whatever and people would be bummed about it but coming off with this lame excuse about protecting kids is dumb as fuck.

rocket league devs already went out and said that microsoft had the strictest guideline rules out of the three, sony basically just said yes to that shit. so now minecraft is potentially riddled with more hostility than rocket league?gtfo
>>
>>380655467
Translation:

>Our network infrastructure is haphazard shit and we don't want to be bothered with fixing it.
>>
>>380657209
>fucked over developers with the PS3 and it's overly complex architecture
>Paid for exclusives and for games not to go to certain systems like SF and Monhun for the Bone and Switch respectively
>removed OtherOS on PS3
>standardized paid online for consoles
>turned down an invitation for cross play for literally no reason other than lining their own pockets
>Abandoning the vita very early on
Emoji movie
>still haven't fixed PSN

>not the bad guys
You're so naive.
>>
File: 9o18m017mr2z.jpg (128KB, 1199x1199px) Image search: [Google]
9o18m017mr2z.jpg
128KB, 1199x1199px
honestly, Sony know that Nintendo playerbase is full of pic related, Pokémon fuckers and faggotry in general. Can't blame them, i don't want my son to play with those walking abomination.
>>
File: 1464799270896.jpg (14KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1464799270896.jpg
14KB, 228x221px
>sonineyearolds
>>
>>380658232
Honestly I'd prefer this guy over the legitimate child stalkers in Sony's fanbase.
Anyone have the screen cap?
>>
The reason why Sony doesn't want croo platform online is because their server infrastructure is dogshit. Of the big three, Sony's network has gone down more times than Nintendo and Microsoft combined.
>>
>>380655467
Why should Sony say yes to cross play? It doesn't benefit them
>>
>>380658531
Except for consumer relations.
But then again when your fanbase is a bunch of mindless retards then you can just about do anything short of shitting on their face and get away with it.
>>
This sucks because my friend is a pcfag and we won't be able to play monhun world together
>>
>>380658531
this

from a business standpoint, it makes them no extra money and gives them something else to worry about (making sure something works between 2 rival consoles and the PC)
>>
>>380659121
corporate cuck
>>
>>380659360
i wish i was making sweet BILLIONS a year, you fuck.

if i was, i wouldn't fucking be on this site anymore. i'd buy it out just to shut it down and shut down any and all 4chans you might start up by TMing the word chan because im rich as shit.
>>
>>380655467
It's more to do with security, and it always has been about security with Sony. They are well known for their strict way of dealing with any kind of hacking or security issues (removing Other OS feature in PS3; scare tactics against the people most responsible for hacks). Opening up their systems and networks to vulnerabilities present in other systems is just a bad idea.
>>
>>380659523
Anon, he's calling you a cuck because Sony is costing you money and giving you nothing in return.
Not that you're making money.

I guess that proves that you all are retards indeed.
>>
>sonyfags already running to defend sony's bad decision
>>
>>380659620
>removing Other OS feature in PS3; scare tactics against the people most responsible for hacks)
Actually that was a cost reduction thing for later versions of the PS3 then they decided to remove it with a patch which funnily enough got them sued if I remember right.

That said Sony themselves have always had the worst security of the three companies anyway so that's certainly not the reason.
>>
>>380659807
how is sony costing ME money for something i don't use (minecraft)?

you want the honest to god truth? you fuck?

we are NEVER getting rid of paying for online use on consoles.

nintendo is the first RIGHT step in the last 15 years since fucking XBL started! make it cheaper, i can deal with $20 a year, that is fucking better than $60 a year. now sony and ms have to either lower theirs or look bad in the process.
>>
>>380659986
That's just wrong though. It was removed exactly at the same time the hack utilizing it was making ground. Then they went after the guy who was behind it (geohak or something?). I remember vividly as I had just put linux on my ps3 at the same time that shit was going on.

>worst security
But Xbox and Ninetendo have always been far more easy to hack from the get go. Sony is always a tough nut to crack, but yeah, once cracked it is fairly simple.
>>
>>380660460
>But Xbox and Ninetendo have always been far more easy to hack from the get go
>he doesn't remember the PSN scandal
>>
>>380657703
>99% of the bait and troll threads on /v/ are from Sonybabbys
And yet here you are, b8ing
>>
>>380660597
But that was different. That hack wasn't to jailbreak the system, but to steal data off the network. That's not really what I was referring too. That attack was most likely done because of Sony's shit attitude towards the system hacks to begin with. That shit could easily have been done to Xbox or Nintendo if people cared enough to do it.
>>
>>380660872
>That hack wasn't to jailbreak the system, but to steal data off the network.
You mean that same network that handles their online systems?
That one?

It doesn't matter if the system itself is hacked when it comes to cross play but if something that vital is then there's a problem. Judging by how "stable" PSN can be now it doesn't seem like they've really resolved it.
>>
File: 1490015216970.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1490015216970.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>380655467
b-based sony just has our backs. they know those OTHER GAMERS are trouble... t-this is 4 the PLAYERS, US. FOR SONY'S PLAYERS!!1
>>
>>380660114
They were never afraid of looking bad when it was $60 vs. free. How does $60 vs. $20 make them look any worse?
>>
File: Edgometer_too_100.gif (772KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
Edgometer_too_100.gif
772KB, 500x276px
>>380658531
>>>380655467 (OP)
>Why should Sony say yes to cross play? It doesn't benefit them

To be fair it's wait and see if Microsoft and Nintendo continue to do cross play down the line it could be worst for Sony.

Normal fags in the long run only care about playing with their friends. Not about omg shiny graphics. If all the normal fags play xbox they will buy a xbox. If they all have ps4 they will buy a ps4.

While Sony is leading right now if that changes in the future. Most games will have a dead online on ps4/ps4 or whatever Sony releases next. . Normal fags can even play with pc as well and that one nintendo friend they have. All that they have to hear is they can play with everyone except Sony users. That gives playstation one less sale.
>>
>>380658531
We should all be friendly rivals.
>>
>>380657767
I mean, when Nintendo is all in for it and Sony's excuse is 'Won't someone think of the children?', that's pretty pathetic. I mean, any excuse would have been better than that, especially when Nintendo is involved.
>>
>>380658531
I've seen countless games that were good but died because the community eventually just got too small to find matches. With crossplay, games stay alive for longer and people feel like it's not as much of a waste of money because they'll actually have people to play with.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.