[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did project m have to die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Project_M_Roster.png (151KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Project_M_Roster.png
151KB, 320x240px
Why did project m have to die?
>>
>>380653112
Just play l:te
>>
GIMR
>>
>>380653112
because Meleefags are not willing to move on, Sm4shfags will accept anything as long as it's newer and GIMR sold out
>>
>>380654692
>>380653112
Project m still has an active scene actually, nintendo just wont allow streaminy
>>
>>380654816
yeah it' still alive, but I don't think we'll ever reach the tournament numbers we used to have unless something major happens like sm4sh mod in the spirit of Project M

Whatever the state of the scene is, it's still my favorite smash game and I'll keep playing it even if I'm the only to, it's just the most fun to me
>>
>>380654816
You can stream on Twitch just as long as you don't monetize it through Twitch.
>>
>>380653112
gimr
>>
>>380654816
Only in the US though, right?

I'm way better than casuals but way worse than some serious veteran players. So there's literally no one I can play with it feels.
>>
>>380655335
Well past a certain point you need money to keep a scene going which is why pm stagnated
>>380655284 pm is a great game but melee is still better imo even with wobbling and puff. But pm > every other smash game besides melee lol
>>
>>380655970
Whoah same dude. Go to locals and get better though thats what im trying, its honestly fun to get bodied by people better than u, shows how far u can go
>>
>>380654352
>>380654692
>>380655952
What happened with GIMR?
>>
>>380656276
I'm in Germany in a medium sized city. I don't think I have locals. Not even melee or 4
>>
Is there any net play anymore?
>>
Because fear of Lawsuits

>>380656539
He took down all PM VODs. If you ask me it probably didn't have any bearing on PMDT's decision.
>>
>>380653112
They were C&D'd with a gag preventing them from talking about it otherwise Nintendo would seize their new company. Same guy who leaked the build with the extra characters confirmed.

tldr; Nintendo are the bad guys.
>>
File: onlytears.jpg (1MB, 1141x1141px) Image search: [Google]
onlytears.jpg
1MB, 1141x1141px
>tfw Brawl Minus never got the same level of support P:M did
>>
>>380656110
You can ask and receive donations and advertise merch.
>>
>>380653112
because it's brawl with a new hat. Play melee or even Sm4sh are better choices than this rainbow colored turd.
>>
>>380657546
They said they didn't receive anything from nintendo.

They sat down with their own lawyer and he made it perfectly clear to them that nintendo might not just send a letter but possibly sue them so fucking hard they will be forever buried in debt. Then they quiet of their "own" choice.
>>
>>380657778
Sm4sh is fucking trash id rather play 64
>>
File: 1471988403070.gif (2MB, 639x346px) Image search: [Google]
1471988403070.gif
2MB, 639x346px
>>380653961
>Be me
>European so PAL Wii and PAL Brawl
>Have to use USBLoaderGX with a rom of NTSC Brawl to play P:M
>Works fine, hell even P:M modpacks (PMEX included) have no issue running
>Legacy XP and Legacy TE don't want to boot up for some reason
>mfw
>>
>>380653961
What does L:TE have over regular Project M? Like actually curious since I enjoyed earlier Legacy builds but haven't really bothered with TE at all since it sounds like it doesn't really add a whole lot in comparison.
>>
>>380653112
It's not dead. It was just at two majors. You just can't stream it on twitch with a sub button for some jewish reason.
Also it's the best game in the series and Nintendo didn't like that.
>>
File: 1469888692387.jpg (33KB, 336x399px) Image search: [Google]
1469888692387.jpg
33KB, 336x399px
>>380653112
>enjoyed PM's gameplay more than melee
>just felt fun and easy to get into
>the characters had fun and viable changes to their movesets
>the original thing the team is making will probably be a pale recreation of PM and smash in general
>Nintendo certainly won't get their shit together for the next Smash
hurts
>>
>>380658931
just play project m
melee hasn't been in development for 16 years, the game only dies if you let it
I exclusively play PM nowadays, I just like it better than Melee
Check out the wiimmfi thread on smashboards, it's STILL active
>>
>>380658137
Nintendo are the bad guys.
>>
>>380658931
Project M was the first game since Smash 64 where I could just hit random in the character select screen and still have fun 100% of the time.
>>
>>380660162
Didn't say otherwise. But they didn't actually get contacted by them.
>>
>>380658556
it is trash indeed, but it's better than modding brawl just because you're not good at melee and want your own tourneyfag """balanced""" game.

some years ago i was visiting a friend for his birthday, they were playing project m. Never heard of that shit before but it looked like another brawl apologist team trying to turn a bad game into melee 2. Took me an hour to beat the shit out of every one of the "pros", then asked them to play some melee. They refused and i ruined the "gaming" section of the birthday just because they were so butthurted cause a meleefag with no knowledge of Project M beat them in their own special game.

Sm4sh is brawl without tripping and some minor fixes, but there's never gonna be another Melee and i'm glad for that.
>>
>>380657705
Starting to play Zeus now, I like the increased amount of content.
>>
>>380662668
Sounds like you are describing just how well they hit the melee mechanics then.

I also like playing more than 4 characters on 5 maps. And the new and redisigned maps are higher quality than what Nintendo puts into 4.

In 4 they literally put in a 64 map while PM completly revamped the map to fit the artstyle of the game. They are better than nintendo at designing maps and characters.
>>
>>380658779
A bunch of code shit, stage alts, 10 skins each character and all of the cosmetics from the unreleased project m 3.61.
>>
What does GIMR stand for?
>>
>>380663838
The Devil

El Diablo

The Anti-Christ...

You get the gist.
>>
>>380663153
I fucking hate project m
its not melee
it feels bad to play, and they didnt' balance the game they just made everyone broken
>>
>>380663838
>>380663838
Get
In
My
Rectum
>>
>>380654692
>because Meleefags are not willing to move on
Why do people just expect others to latch onto a new, different game? Why do people act as if not doing so is rude?
>>
>>380660621
This. It was definitely easier to get into than Melee and all characters felt unique and viable. I love Melee, but PM hit that perfect spot where it felt different enough, but still similar so your skills in Melee carried over.
>>
>>380654692
Meleefags WERE willing to move on back in 08. Then Brawl sucked and they realized they would never get a proper sequel to the Melee experience.
>>
>>380664852
The full argument would be that PM is the better game and melee players know it's a better game but don't switch because they are afraid to learn new and more characters and PM specific tech.

Don't argue with me about this though. Just trying to relay how the argument usually goes.
>>
>>380665312
That's always the argument for anything new in Smash. ''They just refuse to move on and are afraid to learn new shit'' and it's never true. Funnily enough, no one argues this when it comes to the diehard SSB64 players.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.