[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here played the Lost Kingdom series? How was it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Lost_Kingdoms (1).jpg (22KB, 256x366px) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Kingdoms (1).jpg
22KB, 256x366px
Has anyone here played the Lost Kingdom series? How was it?
>>
>>380650989
It was a really good game that deserved more attention.
>>
>>380650989
Can't say i remember anything about the story, but i thought it was a cool gimmick using limited monster cards for your attacks. Bosses had their own cards too, and you could use them for onetime special attacks. I'd give it a shot, it was unique for it's time.
>>
>>380650989
I played 1 and 2 a lot as a kid and really enjoyed them, it's been a long time though and I can't remember them in too much detail. 1 has random battles, whereas 2 just has monsters roaming around on the map which was a pretty neat upgrade. The battle system/card mechanics were well implemented and fun to play too from what I can recall. Not sure how well it holds up today.
>>
Underrated and underappreciated.

I'd love a third game in the series or a remake of the first one. I'd fucking monkey paw it if I could.
>>
It's one of my top 5 favorite GCN games
>>
Great game, would like to see a sequel.
>>
One of the best hidden gems. Gameplay was amazing, but the story and characters were weak.

If you have the chance just play number 2 since its a straight upgrade and you won't be missing much.
>>
I remember LK1 fondly, but I also was a kid at the time. The soundtrack was probably stricktly-speaking bad, something about sounded off -- but I love it nonetheless.

Getting instagibbed by the final boss was good times.
>>
File: Lost Kingdoms 2.jpg (209KB, 1188x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Kingdoms 2.jpg
209KB, 1188x800px
>>380652857
>>
Any tips going in to the game?
>>
>>380650989
great game definitely should play both of them!

card game RPG hybrid done right
>>
>>380654151
you know what I meant
>>
>>380655015
How was 2 not better than 1?

I rented 2 and was forced to buy it because it supposedly had scratches. Turned out to be a pretty good deal because the game was great.

Then I went to play the first and it sucked fucking ass.
>>
>>380655342

I think he meant ANOTHER sequel, as in it's a shame we dont have Lost Kingdoms 3.
>>
>>380655503
I see, true.
>>
File: 1497321242798.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
1497321242798.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
We can hope
>>
>>380656253

I will hope.
>>
It was fun and unique, certainly an underappreciated game. The plot is just usual fantasy dreck, but the gameplay where you use monster cards to fight works really well. Highly recommend it.
>>
File: milkchan(2).jpg (30KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
milkchan(2).jpg
30KB, 500x383px
Imagine a current gen Lost Kingdoms game.
Now weep because it will never get made.
>>
>>380658596
Maybe after Cookie and Cream 2
>>
>tfw unlock the white tiger legendary card
>fucking murders everything

Some cards were great but some were absolutely useless.

Like Beelzebub, god tier design but all it does is neutralise type effectiveness.

Phoenix, the legendary fire card, just gives you a useless status buff.

And then there was vampire which just didn't work at all.
>>
File: 1440718613001.jpg (8KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440718613001.jpg
8KB, 200x240px
>>380658720
And 3.
>>
>>380659107
And Cookie and Cream 4 Answer
>>
Probably the first game where I found out what it means to min max as a kid.

When you used 4 different types of elements or what they called it your affinity for another element would go down and the cost of the opposite element would double. So I figured you should only use 3 types max if you wanted to use high level cards.

That felt like such a revelation as a kid.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.