[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid is going the Castlevania way, guys. Literally.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

Metroid is going the Castlevania way, guys. Literally.
>>
Thought people liked the 3DS Castlevania.
>>
>>380648904

>t-the critics liked it

these guy can go fuck themself
>>
>>380649052
Hell no dude. FUCK no.
>>
>>380648904
>>380637227
dumbasses
>>
>>380649562
You dipshits remind me of people creaming their panties over "Team Ninja" Metroid. You were dumb as fuck back than and you're dumb as fuck now. The game's going to be a travesty in the vein of Lords of Shadow.
>>
>>380648904
>Game kills the entire series off for good
>The critics liked it!
I'm a little concerned about Metroid.
>>
>>380648904
The first Lords of Shadow was okay, and that was the one Konami actually tried working with Mercury to keep some quality control, that's why it went to shit after that
>>
>Retro Studios
>Bunch of no name faggots who kept making absolutely dog shit games, ideas and prototypes
>Nintendo steps in, slaps their shit up
>Makes Metroid Prime

>Mercury Steam
>Bunch of no name faggots who kept making absolutely dog shit games, ideas and prototypes
>Nintendo steps in, slaps their shit up
>Makes Metroid Samus Returns
>"b-b-b-but Mercury Steam are shit!!!!"

Primefags really do a have a terrible memory
>>
>>380650008
The flaws in Other M were most definitely not Team Ninja's fault. Sakamoto was given far too much creative control over the project.
>>
>>380651781
>The first Lords of Shadow was okay
No it wasn't. It was an unnecessary reboot that borrowed everything from crappy action gam of the day and nothing from any style of Castlevania.
>>
>>380650008
They literally showed like 80% of the game today.
>>
>>380649052
it was okay, people just like to shit talk about anything, you know
>>
File: 1492488422248.png (315KB, 855x764px) Image search: [Google]
1492488422248.png
315KB, 855x764px
>keep calling the genre 'metroidvania'
>surprised when they eventually get mashed together
>>
>>380652335
That's not true. He directed Fusion and Zero Mission and those were decent. What was left of "Team Ninja" and other directors on the project were what was actually different from in-house Metroids.
>>
>>380648904
That quote is laughable
>>
>>380651923
Retro didn't make a single actual game before metroid prime. Mercurysteam at least made a few games even with their later years being internal hell from their head honcho being a massive faggot.
>>
Why don't Japanese people want to make Metroid games anymore?
>>
Lords of shadow was one of the best game of it's generation but Mirror of Fate was boring, so I don't know what to think about it.
The hack leaved the studio and Nintendo is supervising, so I'm hype
>>
>>380652484
>It wasn't Castlevania
It wasn't a 2D Metroidvania no shit, I never played any of the 3D Castlevania's, but Lords of Shadow was a good an attempt at a 3D Castlevania as a western studio could have done, the enemeies and throwbacks felt Castlevania, the levels and feel felt Castlevania. Japanese Castlevania? No, but it was okay for what it was, parts of it got really slow and boring, especially towards the end, but it had good parts too, mostly forgettable and inoffensive at the end of the day.
>>
>>380653079
But when they started to make games, the made great ones. The made one of the best Metroid games and then one of the best DKC games. MercurySteam, on the other hand, have fucked up a classic franchise with three bad games, each even shittier than the other until nobody cared about their sub-franchise.
>>
>>380653242
mobile games make more money
>>
File: MercurySream.png (127KB, 958x1634px) Image search: [Google]
MercurySream.png
127KB, 958x1634px
>>
lords of shadow 1 was pretty good though.

we always had the handhelds for old school castlevania
>>
>>380651923
Good enough to know you've already posted this bait before.
>>
>>380649052
Go look at a video of it for 5 minutes.
>Cutscenes
>Certain enemies just outright go into cutscene mode to give you something or to look cool
>The MC looks like he sticks out like a sore thumb
>He also looks like he doesn't fit in the world.
>Those whip animations.
>Those walking animations.
Hell no.
>>
File: Metroid Other M 020.jpg (786KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Other M 020.jpg
786KB, 1600x900px
>>380650008
Lords of Shadow was great.
Other M was great.
I'm glad you're mad.
>>
>>380648904
Critics aren't the people you need to buy your games, is he retarded?
>>
>>380652734
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ohohohhohoh

No it was not ok
>>
>>380653628
"Success of the first Lords of Shadow" is the most retarded thing ever. It made money due to massive whoring out that even Hideo Kojima was a part of, but it was a completely passable piece of shit game.
>>
>>380653835
Great means being able to play a game 3 times in row, try doing that with Other M and tell me how it goes.
>>
>>380653835
>I have no taste and am proud of it
>>
>>380653628
Source? Date?
>>
>>380648904
Alvarez isn't involved with the remake.
Nintendo is supervising it, with previous directors and designers involved with the remake to ensure quality control.

>>380652853
Go read literally any interview about Other M.
Sakamoto wrote the story, enforced the control scheme, constantly shot down Team Ninja's input, chose the voice actress, helped direct the cutscenes, etc. The game was his passion project despite having no experience as a writer or director of 3D games, which is a disastrous combination. Not to mention a lot of the bad elements of Other M have their roots in Fusion.

This information has been widespread for years. It's why Sakamoto became renowned as a hack for a few years before people got over Other M.
>>
>>380653928
>forgetting the positive reviews for the sake of shitposting
>>
>>380654103
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania:_Lords_of_Shadow_2_Dracula%27s_Tomb_Premium_Edition#Controversy
>>
>>380648904
seriously, I think people are really unfair with the first LoS, I get the part that it wasn't a castlevania, but it was a good western h&s
>>
File: Metroid Other M 110.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Other M 110.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>380653997
I've finished Other M several times, including 100% and hard mode. It's one of the best Wii games imo.
>>
>>380652853
>>380654186
The game was supposed to be a fucking rail shooter originally.
>>
>>380653628
Is Spain doomed by normalfags?

Yes
>>
>enough gameplay has been shown that proves the game is good
>all casual concessions are optional
>damage values and health bars identical not only to Metroid 2 but even AM2R

>BUT THEY DID A BAD THING BAWWW
DOOM got it's shit together
Resident Evil got it's shit together
Hitman got it's shit together
Why can't this?
>>
>>380648904
The map design and music is done by people at Nintendo who worked on the older Metroid games. Mercury Steam seem to just be code-monkeys and Nintendo themselves seem to be doing most of the creative work.
>>
>>380654413
Really? and you have no problem having to spend two and half hours each time watching the same custcenes?
>>
>>380654525
Mercury Stream is the developer for Metroid Prime 4
>>
Did you guys not see the treehouse presentation? It's being made under Nintendo supervision.

The people who made Zero Mission are overseeing and Mercury is basically doing most of the labour.
>>
>>380653871
tell me at least 3 valid reasons why it was not ok
>>
Ahh yes.

The "We want the audience that won't buy our game because they aren't our audience" mentality.

Works every time.
>>
File: Metroid Other M 101.jpg (830KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Other M 101.jpg
830KB, 1600x900px
>>380654712
You can skip them after beating the game once.
>>
>>380654186
>Not to mention a lot of the bad elements of Other M have their roots in Fusion.

This. The writing was on the wall for a while. Fusion was decent almost solely because technological limitations forced Sakamoto to contain his autism.
>>
>>380655275
How many more George Lucas types do we need before we learn?
>>
>>380655248
oh, what the fuck /v/ you said this game wasn't speed runable
>>
>>380656192
No I think you misunderstood. We said the game is so trash that no one would want to speed run it.
>>
>>380656192
Compared to the rest of the games it's not. Sequence breaks pretty much don't exist which means you have to follow a linear path doing the same things without any deviation from how a normal person would play the game.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Sequence_Breaking#Metroid:_Other_M
>>
File: latest-2.png (494KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.png
494KB, 1600x900px
>>380653628
Those are some dark days.
>>
>>380656501
Didn't stop people who get a kick out of running bad games.
>>
>>380653628
At least they have better guidance this time around.
>>
I liked their Castlevania games. Sure it's nowhere near as good as the others but it's still pretty solid. Well...aside from the sequel. The sequel was bad.
>>
>>380650008
lords of shadow is the best 3d castlevania game barring only Curse of Darkness
>>
>>380648904

>Symphony of the Night Metroid
>Enemies all have names that pop up when you kill them
>Break rocks to reveal items
>You have an inventory and can level up
>Can equip different arm gun holochips which affect beam types; there's even a gun that reveals hidden areas and invisible enemies that you can kill once for a rare items
>There's a shop
>Can change and upgrade Samus' armor
>Post game includes a deep, underground area as big as the main game which has no map and is difficult to survive
>If no arm gun is equipped, can perform melee combat and deal damage based on armor type

How do u liek mah gayme?
>>
>>380648904
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-20-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mercurysteam-konami

What a fucking egocentric jew, holy shit.
>>
>>380649052
Oh no, oh no, no, no. It was the worst game out of the three. Some people gave it a pass because it's 2D but they were wrong. LoS1 is okay, LoS2 is so bad it's funny, but LoSMoF is fucking terrible. It's the worst kind of bad, it's the boring bad. And it's not a 2D Castlevania, it's a 2D God of War.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.