[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we prevent these two from causing the second gaming crash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: atarisuccessor.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
atarisuccessor.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
How do we prevent these two from causing the second gaming crash?
>>
gaming crash cant happen, unless it's AAA-only, and i wont care.

ill still be making amazing indie games
>>
>>380642801
If anything the western market will crash
>>
Xbox One X
>put disc in
>play game

PC
>buy multiple parts that cost $1000 for a decent build
>have to manually put together all the components
>keyboard is uncomfortable and confusing since 95% of the buttons have no input on the game
>you have to replace all your parts every 1.5 years as the graphics cards become worse over time and run worse
>have to install a video game license rental service like Steam
>have to play $60 for recently released games but have no benefits as physical copy
>there are constant updates for games slowing down the chance of playing the game
>games constantly crash and run into compatibility problems
>Nvidia gimps their cards with Gameworks to make you buy their newer hardware
>try to play some indie games but most are uninspired rip offs of older SNES games I played
>try a early access to literally alpha test a game with barely any content and runs poorly
>can't let my friends borrow my games without jumping though huge obsoletes and even then we can't play each others games if the other is playing a different game at the time
>try to play older games from my childhood on N64 and PS2 emulators
>try to plug in my controller to use for more comfortablility but it requires multiple drivers and constantly rebind the controls every time I switch games
>download emulator for them but they take a while to get the right settings and even then the games run poorly and are missing textures and other graphical glitches
>try to play older PC I heard from others but the run into compatibility problems and constantly crashes when tried to play
>try to play a fun looking multiplayer game but the game is filled with hackers and childern and young teens constantly spouting memes
>try to play split screen with my friends but hardly any games supports split screen and is a hassle to set up
>start playing less and less and go on /v/ and shitpost more about games even ones I never even played

What is the point of owning a PC?
>>
>>380643774
>Xbacks Wun Ecks
>Purchase game machine
>Feel shame at your actions for not just buying a PS4 like decent human being

Fix'd
>>
>>380641978
Don't support the mid gen console knows as PS4 PRO and XBOX ONE X. Don't let them do like Samsung, apple, and other phone maker who release a new phone every year.
>>
>>380644225
known*
>>
>>380644053
>nogaems
>no4k
>movie/remaster/bloodborne machine
>no terry crews as superhero cop
Have a (You), comrade.
>>
>>380641978
Don't be dramatic.

The fact of the matter is that those systems saved council gaming. If they hadn't come along we'd be forced to buy all our games for phones or upgrade our computers every 3 months. There was a huge council fatigue with the PS3 and 360, and Nintendo wasn't really helping the issues. With these systems there was a huge reinvigoration of council games with those 2, even with the 1's retarded policies, made them learn to improve what they have to offer. Just because this E3 was shit there is no need to go off the edge.
>>
>>380643774

I get why you feel that way about PC gaming. I used to feel it, too. Couldn't understand why someone wastes so much time when you can just buy a black box, stick in the game, and play.

Then I built my first gaming/HTPC and I ended up eating my words. Yes, it's a pain in the ass. Choosing from limitless amounts of parts, figuring out how to put it all together, INSTALLING BULLSHIT BOTNET WINDOWS (and spending several months learning how to take out the botnet...but it can me done). Trying to get the games loaded and figuring out why they don't work.

So why do it? Because it's a gaming/entertainment box with nearly unlimited flexibility. And it's something YOU built and put together yourself. And you configured it to work EXACTLY the way you want it (well, as best you can with bullshit Windows). And as far as being forced to use keyboard/mouse, that's bullshit. There's Xpadder (map keyboard/mouse to any controller) and trackballs.

Yes, PC gaming is hard work...but in life, hard work yields it's rewards.
>>
>>380644225
this
>>
>>380644742
The ps4 has many good games that just came out this year.

>inb4 they're japanese it doesn't count
>>
>>380643774
I have a separate PC with Windows XP for specifically this reason. I have a one year old newer PC which I'll keep around for 7 more years as my main rig, than I'll upgrade andkeep this as my retro machine.
>>
Only thing I don't like about gaming on PC is that I often find myself tweaking inis and settings for hours to get it just right and looking and performing the best it can. In the end you always feel like you can do better if you just had X part.
>>
>>380645263

Oh, and just for the record, I own several consoles. Because if you truly belong on /v/ you don't force yourself to be on one side of the fence.

>inb4 costs

I've never made much over 22k/year after taxes. You save, you hunt for deals (rarely ever pay more than $20 for triple A games). Hell, bought PS4 a few years ago new with several games for $300.
>>
>>380645641
So nothing to appeal to more than maybe 800k people tops then?
>>
>>380643774
>>put disc in
>>play game
it needs to download too
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.