[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else cautiously hyped for The Last Night? I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: zs5bnd821qwhb6pn2ov6.png (436KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
zs5bnd821qwhb6pn2ov6.png
436KB, 800x450px
Is anyone else cautiously hyped for The Last Night?

I really need to see gameplay before I commit, but the visuals seem beautiful, and the plot a more interesting take on the cyberpunk genre since we've seen since... forever.
>>
>>380641953
I'd have played it just for the sake of pissing off social justice fags, but I guess it looks pretty cool as well. Not sure the gameplay will be my thing.
>>
>>380641953
I like the way it looks but like you say, I don't really know what the game play is like at all, hopefully it'll be good
>>
>>380641953
apologize
>>
>>380642449
>I'd have played it just for the sake of pissing off social justice fags

Hello guy who purchased Hatred.
>>
File: catgirl.gif (38KB, 460x398px) Image search: [Google]
catgirl.gif
38KB, 460x398px
>>380641953

its going to be shit, it doesnt have any best girl at all
>>
>>380642449
>I'd have played it just for the sake of pissing off social justice fags

why do sjw's hate it?
>>
>>380643129
Art Director (or someone else working on the game) said few years ago that he despises feminism and that GamerGate is about ethics
>>
No, the concept sounds laughably bad.
>>
>>380643630

Why? Is it really so implausible that citizens of a society with almost 0% employment would suffer existential angst?
>>
>>380644139
Not that anon, but the society as a whole in the game isn't feeling angst. the protagonist is feeling it while the society around him is drifting from chemical induced orgasm to chemical induced orgasm. The protagonist can't enjoy these "pleasures" like "normal" people because of a childhood accident.

It's a projection of today onto tomorrow.
>>
It looks cool
that's about it, i would have to see actual gameplay to make up my mind
>>
>>380646174
So.... what?
>>
>>380643315
Game director, but yeah
>>
>>380646174
And whats wrong with that exactly?
>>
>>380646794
So that's the setting. A future world where everyone's addicted to cummies except you and they've lost all sense of self and creativity in the process.
>>
>>380646174

This is the game's premise, as described on the Steam page before it was edited:

“Stabilised by universal income, people struggle to find their calling or identity, and define themselves by what they consume, rather than what they create,”

If that's not existential angst, what is?
>>
>>380647267
It's a pretty on the nose analogy for being redpilled, and there are some people on twitter that think that's wrong
>>
>>380647267
>what's wrong with drifting from high to high like some kind of heroin addict while your soul rots away and your society has lost all will to create

Idk man. Sounds like heaven to me. :^/
>>
>>380647554
An analogy for transitioning? Neato, since that's what your lay epin redpeel really is my dude.
>>
>>380643630
Howso?
If everyone can be a NEET all day for the rest of their lives, what happens to society?
>>
>>380647869
Nice word salad my friend.
Not even him, but without the maymays, what were you actually trying to express?
>>
File: 1477439236979.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477439236979.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>380647869
Not sure what you're even trying to say here. The protag is having an existential crisis because of some 'accident' he had as a child, and thus sees the world in a very different light from those around him. I think that many people that call themselves 'redpilled' could relate to this perspective but I know you're just a shitty baitposter so oh well
>>
>>380647776
Maybe because we've already reached that point as a society.
>>
>>380647554
God dam everything has some political meaning now days. I'm fucking iver these types
>>
>>380647546
from the devlog
>Lawrence Person of Slashdotprobably wrote the best summary of post-cyberpunk as far as it applies to literature and film—in 1998

>The tl;dr is essentially that Post-Cyberpunk protagonists are “anchored in their society rather than adrift in it. They have careers, friends, obligations, responsibilities, and all the trappings of an ‘ordinary’ life."

>In post-cyberpunk, the focus is not on a detective or a genius hacker. The focus is on normal people, on the daily problems of an ordinary citizen. This way we can show all the issues of modern life at ground level: destruction of the family unit; the loneliness of the individuality cult; the urban solitude; depression, apathy & addiction to socialopiates.
>This why we want toThe Last Nightto be a post-cyberpunk game. In one way our game is a love-letter to the classics with its signature visuals, but in another it’s our way of trying to move on, and to deliver a vision that plays on the issues and anxieties of our world today.
>>
>>380648649
you think cyberpunk never had any political undertones? kek.
>>
>>380648852
>it's cyberpunk!
>that is just about normal people

aka not cyberpunk in any way whatsoever since the genre is predicated on strong special protagonists

not interested. who plays video games to think about having a job
>>
>>380648852
It sounds deep, but since this is /v/, people will probably go "LE EDGY" because it doesn't involve futuristic corporate murderbots.
>>
>>380649163
like pottery
>>380649153
>>
>>380648649
The creator himself said it was fueled by his viewpoints on the current sociopolitical statement from the get-go before twitter and his publisher neutered him.
As >>380648852 says, it's a 'post-cyberpunk' world where the conventions of classical cyberpunk (usually associated with the message of breaking free from capitalism) are turned on their head.
You can enjoy the product without thinking about the message but most artists typically use their medium to express their world views, this has been common since art as we know it was a thing.
>>
>>380649312
? my response was absolutely nothing like what he suggested though

let me guess, you've read 0 cyberpunk books!

let me offer an extended guess, you do not read any books!
>>
>>380649518
>this game isn't a a stereotype, therefore NOT MUH CYBERPUNK

Are you baiting, or are you serious?
>>
>>380641953
Not really. I'll play it, might like it, but hype over an art style and setting? No.
>>
>>380649153
you're clearly not the target demographic. pls go back to play call of booty or tittyfall.

>>380649163
the trailer literally showed that it's in the future and has murderbots. I don't know if they're corporate murderbots, but they seemed to be murderbots to me. also the original flash game had murderbots as well.

but yes, the premise is deep and the dev(Tim Soret) s getting shit for it.
https://www.reddit com/r/outrun/comments/6gt19b/the_last_night_2017_reveal_trailer_video_game/

thou shalt not criticize Star trek space commie post-scarcity Utopia I guess.
>>
>>380650134
>read cyberpunk novels
>not the demographic
>>
>>380650552
>autistic /v/edditor
>target demographic
>>
>>380650552
>NOT
>MUH
>CYBERPUNK
aren't you in the slightest bit bored of stereotypical dystopian scenarios?
>>
>>380651252
>people who read are autistic

right
>>
>>380651332
>being this illiterate
It's called POST-CYBERPUNK. Ever heard of a subgenre?
>>
>>380649518
>NO ANON, I READ CYBERPUNK, AND IT HAS TO FOLLOW THIS EXACT FORMULA

Legitimately, what the fuck is wrong with you?

You may as well claim "THIS FANTASY NOVEL DIDNT HAVE THEM FIGHT ORKS, THEREFORE ITS NOT FANTASY, ITS IMAGINATIVE ALTERNATIVE HISTORY!"
>>
So what the fuck is this game?
>>
>>380653752
Apparently a future dystopia where instead instead of far right corporate control dominates everything, far left universal income and egalitarianism reduces people to a state of useless uncreative lethargy, or something.

I hope there's some Harrison Burgeson somewhere in there.
>>
>>380653752
read the thread
>>
>>380654146
Yeah but what do you do in it.
I read Brave New World.
>>380654205
I did and I still have no idea.
>>
>>380642449
He already backed out and begged forgiveness, the best thing to do is not buy it and let the people he tries to cater to make up the sales (lol).
>>
>>380655060
You know it was a bullshit apology.
There's no coming back from the redpill.
There's no way he legitimately thinks "oh shit I love social justice now."
>>
File: image.png (470KB, 983x1730px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
470KB, 983x1730px
>>380654586
>what do you do in it
https://80 lv/articles/the-last-night-an-indie-take-on-blade-runner/
https://80 lv/articles/the-last-night-pixel-art-cyberpunk-open-world/

the game's main focus seems to be the aesthetic and the story(hence the dev calling it cinematic) so I assume the next trailer will tease some story.
>>
>>380655871
hm I guess I'll wait for the reviews
>>
>>380655871
D I V E R S E
A N D
I N C L U S I V E
>>
>>380656258
>diverse and inclusive cast of characters

>that all shit over SJWs

That makes it even better.
>>
>>380655262
You don't back down to these people and you don't apologize for what you believe in.
>>
>>3806564
one would hope, but I doubt it since now the SJWs are attacking him further for the premise.
His publisher will likely make some edits to the final game to make sure it's a safe an non-controversial 'experience' for everyone
>>
>>380656791
meant for >>380656497
>>
>>380656780
How many games have you published?

I'm blaming whoever he's publishing under. Obviously apologizing to SJWs is always a lose-lose situation, but I highly doubt he legitimately believes in "social justice", even before being attacked by them.
>>
>>380656791
>His publisher will likely make some edits to the final game to make sure it's a safe an non-controversial 'experience' for everyone
yes and once the kosherized version releases and flops like a steroid addled negro playing bounceball, the cunts are going to say it sucked because it was bigoted and sexist, and not because it was made into a gay mess by the wrong think defense squad.
>>
>>380657801
In order to do that, his publisher would require his game to likely be the complete opposite of what it currently is looking like.

His publisher might be that fucking retarded, but here's to being cautiously optimistic.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.