[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beeeeitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (157KB, 1272x960px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157KB, 1272x960px
Oblivion is better than Skyrim. Discuss.
>>
It's true, no debate. /thread
>>
no shit
>>
File: Oblivion20170531 21.34.55.jpg (748KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion20170531 21.34.55.jpg
748KB, 1920x1080px
Both are extremely flawed and only really become great when you mod them.
Oblivion's major problems are easier to fix with mods. Skyrim's problems run too deep and can't really be fixed, but at least it looks nice.

I wish TES wasn't trash.
>>
>>380635270
Never played Skyrim, but it's hard to believe given how much of a clusterfuck Oblivion was.

Got Bethesda shitlisted.
>>
File: 22330_20170506040155_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
22330_20170506040155_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
oblivion can look and play really nice when modded (see pic) provided you have the bandwidth and patience. skyrim is alright, but i liked oblivion better.

main gripe i have is that they take too long to get progress in, i usually get bored after realizing how many days i spent trying to get where i was in my first game.
>>
>>380635270
Oblivion contains many of the same flaws that were exacerbated by Skyrim, holding one over the other is being part of the problem.
>>
>>380636562
I enjoyed Oblivion, yes some things can change. But overall good game. I can't complain about a game I enjoyed. Which is suprising for someone who lurks on /v/
>>
>>380636801
>I enjoyed Oblivion
>overall good game

You are part of the problem.
It is hypocritical of you to complain about Skyrim when you are directly at fault for Skyrim being bad.
>>
>>380637034
I didn't ask them to casualize the game or shave story emphasis / features. It's my fault they made a poor Skyrim because I liked Oblivion? God, go back to your bridge, your b8 is shit m8.
>>
>>380635593
all you need for oblivion is a level scaling fix, and maybe the knowledge beforehand to just ignore the fucking story
>>
>>380638801
The story in oblivion was better than skyrim's?
>>
>>380637909
>I didn't ask them to casualize the game or shave story emphasis / features

Yes you did. Buying Oblivion was you voting with your dollar for casual bullshit.
>>
>>380638801
>all you need
lmao
>>
>>380639142
Ahh I see...here comes the morrowind oldfag with his stories of a "better game"
>>
>>380639230
good post I read it
>>
>>380639329
shit taste I see it
>>
The LEGEND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2Jduxc2P8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp4-9G47uF0

watch it
>>
true
>>
>>380639289
>oblivion was better than skyrim because skyrim is dumbed down casual bullshit!
>what do you mean oblivion is itself dumbed down casual bullshit, that would make me a hypocrite!
>>
File: 1465263131753.png (484KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1465263131753.png
484KB, 574x516px
>Guards have to get off their horses to attack you
What was even the point of having cavalrymen in this game.
>>
>>380639418
nice i def will
>>
>>380639418
Nigga please, that shit is 4 hours long.
>>
>>380639662
For travel for the player. Slap em on for decor for the guards and some NPCs, and you've got a Todd-tastic solution.
>>
>>380639774
I'm almost done watching it over multiple days. It's divided into sections. It's really good shit senpai. Give it 30 mins. He doesn't just talk about Oblivion, but also Morrowind and Skyrim in relation to it.
>>
>>380639473
Don't you have cliff racers to die to?
If I wanted to read a damn book, I'd play morrowind.
Being an inconvenient and clunky game doesn't make it a great game, and Morrowind is inferior for its time compared to Oblivion during its time. /thread
>>
>>380639964
he better say oblivion is shit
>>
>>380640216
>threading your own post

So this is the intelligence of an Oblivion fanboy.
>>
>>380635270
i agree in every way but combat.
>>
>>380639662
It didn't matter when they could fucking phase walk to your location
>>
>>380640701
which sucked too
>>
Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion

But each game has its strengths and weaknesses. There are some ways Oblivion is better than Skyrim like the towns, quests and pacing but I prefer Skyrim because of the world.
>>
Skyrim world is better than Cyrodiil in terms of aesthetics.

Oblivion dungeons were better (only because some of them weren't linear like ALL of Skyrim's).

Oblivion had more interesting quests for the most part (Skyrim's mage guild is 100x more dull than Oblivion's for example. While Oblivion did not have spectacular quests, they were at least more imaginative than Skyrim's)

Oblivion had more rpg elements compared to Skyrim's perk system.

You can play Oblivion as an ordinary person rather than a hero. In Skyrim it is difficult to roleplay a specific life because so much of the game is based around being the Dragonborn.

Skyrim at least made you feel like a proper hero with special powers. In Oblivion you were just the hero of kvatch the entire game.

Skyrim has proper archery. With the official DLC you finally get crossbows.

Combat for both games is not very compelling, but in Oblivion it always felt a bit natural at least. And as you leveled up and became a master at a weapon type you could do special moves at least. Perks are just boring at this point in time.

Both games have great musical scores.

Both games ha(d)ve great modding communities with tons of mods. However Skyrim's is better. Sadly there are too many good mods that assume you chose the role of Dragonborn rather than the role of your specific choosing.
>>
>>380640827
it sucked, but was at least better in skyrim than oblivion.

combats always gotten better in each tes game, but at the cost of every fucking thing else which is really annoying.
>>
File: 1496103339883.png (112KB, 413x451px) Image search: [Google]
1496103339883.png
112KB, 413x451px
>>380641013
>that formatting
>>
>>380641013
>reddit spacing
didn't read lol
>>
>>380641538
shits easier to read

I dont even post/lurk reddit except the eve online reddit (the vg thread is cancer and the eve forums are gay)
>>
>>380641013
>Skyrim has proper archery.
Nigger, what? Skyrim has absolutely retarded "arrow flies at cursor" archery which breaks at long distances or when trying to aim at moving targets.
Oblivion has far more realistic ballistic aiming which is more comfortable to use.
>>
>>380642235
I don't understand what you mean by arrow flies at cursor.

I haven't played in a long time and I'm starting to remember some of the bullshit about skyrim's archery (arrows still striking a target even though it should be a miss which is something for console users as well as arrow trails) but it felt way better than Oblivion's. In oblivion it's like you're shooting a nerf arrow that's how slow it is traveling.
>>
>>380643156
Skyrim's archery had autoaim you couldn't disable. Arrows would arch above your crosshair and land at your crosshair. Except this would often fuck up because it was retarded when adjusting for distance.
Oblivion, instead, had arrows begin their trajectory towards your crosshair and behave logically thereafter.

t. archeryfag who spent hundreds of hours in both games as dedicated archer builds
>>
>>380643369
I think I disabled this with an addon that made them behave appropriately but you are right.

I was mainly thinking about the velocity of the arrows. Am I not wrong in this regard?
>>
>>380644190
>I think I disabled this with an addon that made them behave appropriately but you are right.
It can't be disabled fully. I tried out literally every single archery addon on nexusmods and spent hours editing .ini's to no avail. There's no way to mod Skyrim's archery to sanity.

>I was mainly thinking about the velocity of the arrows. Am I not wrong in this regard?
This is literally the simplest mod ever for Oblivion, while Skyrim's archery issues are impossible to fix with mods as they are hardcoded.
In my eyes, that's a clear win on Oblivion's behalf.
>>
>>380639289
morrowind is objectively a better game

why do you think hordes of autists have been laboring unpaid around the clock for the better part of a decade to recreate it

the grafix suck and the combat sucks, it's an old game. it still has every other conceivable leg up on skyrim except maybe dungeon linearity but none of the games have been successful there
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.