[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is fun as fuck. What does /v/ think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

This is fun as fuck. What does /v/ think?
>>
>>380631797
I think it's great, not as competitive as they're pushing it to be, but I'm having fun with the Springer
>>
>>380631941
Yeah. It looks fun as fuck and is a guaranteed buy once I get a switch, but I don't see it as the big e sport that they're selling it as.
>>
>>380631797
indie game tier game sold at full price because they know how loyal nintendo fanbase is and will buy anything nintendo.

and yes i have played it. i even "kinda" have it. My roommate owns it. and he barely ever plays it too.
>>
>>380631941
>>380632329
They do? I just bought my switch yesterday and before that I dodged Nintendo threads. 2v2 ranked is missing I think. But gameplay has been rrally fun so far
>>
>>380632345
>My roommate owns it. and he barely ever plays it too.
>only just came out in some regions today, and only available in the rest of the world tomorrow
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>380632990
his dad works for Nintendo
>>
>>380632990
He is secretly Mr. Yabuki, just having fun after he destroyed the competition in the Invitational.
>>
File: arms1.jpg (87KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
arms1.jpg
87KB, 1200x675px
mfw Nintendo expects me to use my $300 Zelda machine for a cardio workout masquerading as a shitty fighting game
>>
>>380632345

What? The game literally came out hours ago in AU and NZ and hasn't even released yet in the EU or US
>>
>>380632345
>indie tier
>no pixel art anywhere

Try again
>>
>>380632329
>>380631941
Go watch the finals of the invitational. It has potential once everyone puts the time in. Mr. Yabuki completely destroyed the "champ"
>>
I suck at fighters but it looks fun and I need something other than shovel Knight and Zelda to play until Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade come out.
>>
File: 1346201974164.png (24KB, 179x266px) Image search: [Google]
1346201974164.png
24KB, 179x266px
I had zero interest in it. In fact it looked like it would just be waggling like a retard and whoever waggles faster wins. After the stream yesterday this is on my list though because it looks fucking incredible. It actually makes me want to get a Switch.

I swore to never buy another release version Nintendo system though. Switch owners, what do you think the chances of them releasing a Switch XL or whatever are? I got fucked with the release 3DS resolution/size/circlepadpro.
>>
File: 1496732830840.jpg (815KB, 2001x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1496732830840.jpg
815KB, 2001x3000px
Holding out for sequel LEGS.
>>
>>380635702
None. The problems have been long ironed out and if you have any problems you have 90 days to get a free replacement from Nintendo.

I'm expecting a new Switch 2 to come out 1 year after Volta, so probably 4 years from now.
>>
>>380635702
There will never be a Switch XL. At most they will reduce the bezels.
>>
>>380635909
Those Jews at Nintendo are going to make the original Switch Joycons incompatible with Switch 2. I guarantee it.
>>
>>380635702
0% chance imo. When is the last time Nintendo released an upgraded home console? They do that shit with handhelds because who gives a shit, but switch probably won't see anything but software upgrades in it's lifetime like the Wii/u
>>
Can you unlock max brass?
>>
>>380636105
I honestly doubt it. They could keep the Switch almost the exact same form factor and just have the Switch 2 be a different color, probably white.
>>
>want second joy con for splitscreen
>all the colours bar neon which I already have look shit

I really don't want to wait a month to get the splatoon joycon
>>
>>380635702
100% chance
But by 2020 so enjoy waiting
>>
Fun to play, not fun to watch. Will be getting it.
>>
>>380635909
>>380635936
>>380636120
Well alright. Honestly though are there any glaring flaws with the system? Like I love the 3DS's library, I think it's great. The release version system is a piece of garbage though. It feels like a half broken McDonald's toy. I really don't have the money to be buying consoles, and games are like $80 here in Canada, so if I'm getting one I'm never upgrading to the next version. I'm just really paranoid.
>>
>>380636105
Coming from the guys who made Wiimotes compatible with Wii u, I doubt it.
>>
>>380636529
there are actually issues, but those should be mostly ironed out by now, and the most glaring one is with the left joycon which is easily replaced.
>>
>>380636529
Nope. Also, Nintendo says they might make different types of joycons in the future.
>>
>>380636529
It is quite honestly the best portable system I've ever owned and it's durable as fuck, just make sure to buy a screen protector for scratches
>>
>>380635702
>>380635936
>>380636120
>At most they will reduce the bezels.
that is exactly what they will do..there will be a switch XL with a reduced bezel and more screen space. The bezel is pretty damn big on the switch.

The switch is a handhold too, not just a console. 100% we will see a lot of different skins and 1-2 upgraded versions. Especially considering how well it worked for the new 3ds and the ps4 pro.
>>
>>380635702
Bruh u really considering buying a fucking console for this fucking game? I can understand Zelda being a system seller but THIS?
>>
>>380636529
No just buy a tempered glass screen protector (you don't even notice it's on). The first batch was faulty but if you buy one right now you will not have any issues. And how does it feel like a McDonalds toy? When I put it next to my Macbook Pro I honestly feel that the Switch has a very nice design which is complimented by the way Nintendo advertises its product.

The only thing that will start coming out are exclusive Pokemon, Metroid, Monster Hunter editions.
>>
Is the single player any good in this? I don't want to think about PvP on a system without a dedicated network port.
>>
>>380636339
>>380636682
Yeah that's why I'm playing Breath of the Wild on my Wii-U pro controller and didn't have to buy a $70 upgrade.
>>
>>380635702
why would you want a bigger switch? they released a DS xl because the screens were tiny, and a DS lite because of bad screen brightness/bad design, and a new 3DS just for monster hunter

All they could fix are the launch issues, if they are not fixed yet, as well as making a more expensive PRO version with more storage and more power/resolution. but that's not something you NEED
>>
>>380636395
I haven't watched hours of footage yet, but even that match of Zerk vs Mr. Yabuki, I couldn't understand how it is supposed to excite an audience. Seems like the majority of the game is zoning, and just variety of turtle strategies which I could see 'pro,' players using. Does the action just rarely ramp up or am I missing something?
>>
>>380636863
This, I got 2 screen protectors for 12 bucks on amazon, easy to put on, barely notice it when playing handheld mode

The only thing that feels flimsy on the switch is the kickstand, which isn't that important.
>>
did they fix the dock scratching the screen? or do customers still have to tape on protective material in the dock themselves?
>>
>>380637145
I feel like with the tempered glass protector the screen feels really good. Without it the screen felt like plastic shit with smudges everywhere.
>>
>>380636686
>>380636687
>>380636795
>>380636827
Thanks. I'll wait for 1-2 more games I'd like then see if I can get one cheap somewhere. If it's that durable I'm sure a used system for 100 or so cheaper would be acceptable.

>>380636861
Not just for this, but it helps. I'd never buy a console for one game. I need at least 5 or 6, usually more.

>>380636863
Not the switch. I meant the original 3DS feels like a McDonalds toy. Not the XL or anything, the original. The plastic feels cheap, when you turn it the joystick shifts a little, the D-pad is very slightly loose and the shoulder buttons feel barely attached. The resolution is just hilariously low and the whole thing feels so delicate. It goes to show that game library is all that matters since I do believe the Vita is objectively the better built/designed system. It's just that the 3DS has all the games so of course it's the better option.
>>
>>380637473

what the fuck is this meme

this has never happened to me, nor has my switch warped in the dock
>>
>>380637473
The docks aren't stratching the screen, it's dust and particles on the screen rubbed against the dock
>>
>>380637473
I got my Switch a month ago and when I put it in the dock without a screen protector I had smudges on my display that were very hard to remove. Put on tempered glass shortly after. I guess if you have dirt on your screen and the dock has dust you can scratch it easily
>>
>>380636795
That dock scratching the screen was fake, the faggot who originally posted it came forward and admitted to it.
>>
>>380636994
not them but are you actually bitching that a new system has new controllers
fucking really
>>
Looks very shallow and boring, being mostly about pacing and dodging.
While I do think a lot of fighting games are pointlessly complex to the point of requiring too many hours to master, I think this is just way too simple to let you do anything interesting.
>>
Worth about $5 from what I played in the testpunch
>>
>>380637751
Yeah but it IS still plastic, so getting tempered glass let's you play rough without worrying about any damage at all
>>
>>380637473
>>380637751
Fuck wrong post number quoted.
>>
>>380637751
source pls
>>
>>380631797
can't get the hang of it at all but seems okay
party online was fun when i wasnt getting smashed but 2v2 is cancer with the tether between teammates

i got real mad at an ai playing twintelle with double parasol shield arm things and i couldn't figure out how to counter it for SHIT
>>
>>380631797
post da hue girls ass

its nice
>>
>>380637797
There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to connect my Wii-U controller when in about a month $30 third party shovelware comes out.
>>
>>380637141
It's just boring to watch because of how simple the game is. I did greatly enjoy my time with the testpunch though. It's like playing an RPG yourself vs. watching somebody else play an RPG. Meanwhile the Splatoon tourney was hype incarnate.
>>
I'm hype as hell to get it tonight, but I was already on board for this game anyway
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.