[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So uh...just what HAVE they been doing for the past three years?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Retro_Studios_logo.png (45KB, 506x249px) Image search: [Google]
Retro_Studios_logo.png
45KB, 506x249px
So uh...just what HAVE they been doing for the past three years?
>>
>>380627817

Making a new single-player third-person action adventure IP for the Switch

A man can dream
>>
>>380627817
DKCR3
>>
>>380627817
A big game.
>>
>>380627817
probably making a game they arent ready to announce yet.

you do know it takes years to develop games, right?
>>
>>380627817
something that'll take another year
>>
>>380627817
Uh, probably a 3D DK?
>>
probably started making a game and then nintendo stepped in and told them to reskin it with one of their IPs instead
>>
Today we will know
>>
>>380628172
Their best game was made in a year :^)

But the radio silence seems very weird. Since they've joined twitter they've only posted images of BBQ every holiday season, I figured we would at least get a tease for what it is the're working on by now.
>>
>>380628172
then why did nintendo announce metroid prime 4 and pokemon when they havent even started development
>>
>>380628664
All it means is that they're not ready to show off the game yet, that or Nintendo wants to announce it at a later date like a direct. Right now Nintendo doesn't need more announcements, really.
>>
File: [KINGU KUREEMSON].gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
[KINGU KUREEMSON].gif
799KB, 200x189px
DIDDY KONG RACING 2
>>
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Deluxe
and a new IP
>>
dankey kang
>>
>>380627817
Lots of BBQ
>>
>>380628785
Because Nintendo is retarded
>>
>>380627817
Reminder that the lead artist for Prime left Retro to work for Bungie years ago.
>>
>>380627817
They are probably in some sort of turmoil with Nintendo, and Nintendo wants to relegate Retro to ports and Mario and Donkey Kong games, like they did with that other dev.

Really, there's no other reason.
>>
>>380629053
this or DK64 2 and I'll shit bricks.
>>
Slowly going under. Retro will probably dissolve after this project is terminated. It's never coming out
>>
>>380632085
>DK64 2

DK128
>>
Nintendo just keeps them around to hold up appearances of inclusivity like they did the Mariners. In reality their studio in Texas is just a party house now. When people on twitter ask them what they're working on and they respond with pictures of their latest barbeque, they aren't being sarcastic.
>>
Donkey Kong Prime.

It's like Metroid Prime, except it's third person, you're DK, and you're exploring Kong Island instead of Tallon IV.
>>
>>380632637
They've been used repeatedly for support work. They got to CHOOSE which game to make and CHOSE to make Tropical Freeze. They're posting barbecue because they're in Austin and that's what's big in Austin. Jap devs would post ramen or sushi too.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.