[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forza 7 or GT Sport, which one are you looking forward to the most?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: forza gt.jpg (81KB, 638x718px) Image search: [Google]
forza gt.jpg
81KB, 638x718px
Forza 7 or GT Sport, which one are you looking forward to the most?
>>
>>380616530
their probably the same but forza has stronger nostalgia factor because my first car racing gme was forza 3
>>
forza since it is on PC
>>
>Forza or vacuum cleaner simulator

Don't make the decision hard or anything...
>>
>>380616530
Forza has been the better game these years, and this is coming from someone who owns a PS4/PC and not an Xbone
>>
>>380616530
>Forza vs no game
Easy pick
>>
GT, I have no XBox.
>>
>>380617010
>PC
Windows 10 you mean.
>>
GT is obviously the king.

Forza is the CoD of racing.
>>
Was GT even shown at E3?
>>
>>380617567
>GT is obviously the king

13 years ago maybe
>>
Is GT Sport a proper entry?
>>
>>380616530
Forza Horizon 4
>>
File: 1496940112465.gif (30KB, 488x297px) Image search: [Google]
1496940112465.gif
30KB, 488x297px
>>380616530

Assetto Corsa
>>
GT Sport sacrificed visual quality to shoehorn their VR mode.
>>
>>380617704
Yes.
>>
>>380617709
And still going. You just can't beat Yamauchis autism when it comes to racing.
>>
>>380618012
You wish sonyboy
>>
>>380617557

>not using windows 10

There was a free upgrade if you owned 7 or above Tyrone, you didn't even need to steal it this time.
>>
>>380617704
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bvFI7CinN8
>>
>>380616530
Isn't GT sport always online multiplayer only trash?
>>
>>380616530
I could play forza 4 for hours and hours because I enjoyed the handling model so much. I could have fun whether I was in a small light low power car like an MX5, or a difficult to control twitchy tub of horsepower like the F1.

I would buy the new Forza on PC but I'm very, very suspicious of the windows store. If it came to steam I would strongly consider it.
>>
iracing
>>
>>380618134
>if it's free YOU are the product

I like having my OS under control, not the other way around.
Enjoy your mandatory updates and a(i)ds.
>>
>>380618274
No, it apparently has a sp career mode.
>>
rFactor2
>>
>>380617857
>>380618371
>>380618529
>PC "racing" games

kek
>>
>>380616530
forza obviously
>actual career mode
>PC version
>coop campaign

GT Sport has shitty driving challenges, otherwise its fully multiplayer. Also, based on the beta I played a month ago, the game looks worse than Forza 6 during actual gameplay. In replays and photo mode it looks amazing but yeah...
>>
GT has been slacking lately. 6 felt way too close to 5. Yes I am well aware that racing games don't vary much. GT Sport seems like a watered down version to me, which saddens me because I want there to be a quality rivalry between the games.

But for now

Forza >>>> GT
>>
>>380616530
Gran Turismo finally comes to the PlayStation 4 after 4 fucking years.
>>
>>380618012

GT was always a shit racing game. AI was always braindead. The best part was car collecting.

E3 trailer literally says "who wants to collect cars anyway"?

Fuck GT and fuck Kaz for barely giving a shit anymore.
>>
I think the reason Forza has surpassed GT is because Polyphony spends too much time on the graphics and trying to make it a "piece of art". They seemed to have forgotten what makes a racing sim truly special. Every time I boot up GT3 I get goosebumps; I'm constantly wowed at how much innovation went into that game. Yeah sure, the car list was smaller than GT2, but the game's presentation (including the music, the sounds, the animations) was 11/10. GT4 looked like GT3's boring older brother, and GT5 took way too fucking long to come out. GT6 was decent, but by then Forza had already established itself as the better franchise, and with its side kick Horizon, it was doomed to 2nd place, or even 3rd place if you count Motorsport and Horizon as separate games.

GT just doesn't have that same kick to it anymore. Graphics can only get you so far these days.
>>
Ill choose the game that has a proper single player mode, dynamic weather conditions, and good graphics not just in replays and photo mode.
GT can't keep up anymore, honestly. I wish sony didn't axe Evolution, as shit DriveClub was initially, they improved the game shit tons eventually. I honestly thought it could become the flagship Sony racer with a sequel.
>>
>>380618449
yes, driving challenges. This was always known.
It's not a proper career mode though, you dont buy cars or grind championships. Think driving missions from GT4. That's all you getting.
>>
>>380618779
Fuck you
>>
>>380618779
He's not wrong, collecting cars is what made GT so fun, especially in 5 with the used cars section.
>>
File: GTS_Screen_ScapesCar_PS4_E32017.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GTS_Screen_ScapesCar_PS4_E32017.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>380616530
I play both. I feel like this might be the tipping point of GT where it will lose a ton of players since it is built for muh esports muh GT academy with no GT career mode. This will be the first GT I'm skipping.
>>
>>380618816
You definitely have a point there, although I'd say that even in terms of graphics, GT is not exactly all that impressive anymore.

GT5/6 had amazing car models, and some really nice lighting conditions, but it suffered from extremely inconsistent trackside detail, as well as terrible windshield rain effects, alpha effects causing pixelation everywhere and possibly the worst offender, the inclusion of standard cars.

They focused so much on premium cars that everything else suffered for it. Meanwhile you look at Forza 4, and yeah, the car models aren't as good, but the difference is small, and most importantly, FM4 is far more consistent. Plus, something worth noting is that GT6 especially had massive framerate issues, while Forza Motorsport games have been locked at 60 since FM2.

I played the beta of GT Sport for a bit but it does nothing for me. Again, I'm seeing some amazing detail on the cars and stuff, but it doesn't really impress anymore. It's purely diminishing returns at this point. I can't really tell Forza 5 and GT Sport's car models apart honestly. And what disappoints me greatly about GT Sport, aside from the removal of career mode, is how they regressed in terms of race conditions. They fucking removed dynamic weather and daynight cycle! What the fuck? Those were the 2 things that GT5/6 really exceled at.
>>
Neither, I have Forza Horizon 3 already, which has beautiful open world I can drive around. Why would I trade it for a small selection of tracks I can drive around over and over to see lower number in my result?
>>
>>380616530
Neither, circuit racing is fucking boring

This >>380617773
>>
Could someone just briefly explain the true nature of GT Sport to us?

I've been watching a number of videos about the game, and while it certainly does look very good compared to previous entries in the series, in all honesty there are a number of things which I find profoundly bothersome regarding this game, namely the insistence on online e-sports shit, AND LESS CONTENT. 140 cars feels overwhelmingly less compared to previous entries in the series. Not to mention 19 tracks, which is half the number of those featured in Forza7. Polyphony also insists on using these marketing gimmicks and words meant to distract and divert the attention of people regarding what exact content we'll see in their game: They'll say "For the first time in GT we'll feature XYZ track (....)" but forget to mention that total the number of tracks will be vastly inferior.

Also, the lack of weather cycles seriously hurts the game. Have you guys taken a sneak peak at Forza7? Now those are some seriously beautiful scenarios with LIFE and ENERGY to them, while GT just looks like some lifeless shit taken straight out of a hospital.

Overall, I very much prefer the simulator thing GT has going on, but for as GT Sport seems like it is preparing itself to become a micro-transaction trap of cut content and pay-to-unlock cars and tracks, I'll gladly settle for a slightly more arcade experience in Forza 7, which not only features more content, but looks much better as well. This is quite unfortunate, as I've always preferred GT's soundtrack.
>>
>>380618424
This is what you actually believe? 7 is exactly as controlled by Microsoft, you have the same OS with less functions and worse resource management.
>>
>>380618294
How exactly are you suspicious of the windows store? I'd also prefer to have all my games in one place (Steam), but I've never bought anything from the windows store before. Have there been any reports of Microsoft doing strange and/or invasive shit to users' PCs? Honest question.
>>
>>380623151
Yes Podi has bae communication about it. They failed to communicate each time they do shit. That's bad.
>>
>>380623848
There were some reports that there may be problems downloading the game, especially if you use something like DWS, you won't be able to download what you bought. I was kinda suspicious of it too at first, but I bought Horizon and it seems to work perfectly fine. Sure it's not as good as Steam, but I don't really see any actual problems. Also as far as company private shells go, it's a lot more responsive and usable than uPlay, can't compare to Origin since I'd rather swallow a porcupine than install that thing on my PC.
>>
File: 0.jpg (6KB, 113x163px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
6KB, 113x163px
>>380623172
>7 is exactly as controlled by Microsoft

How about no.
>>
>>380624771
Yeah, you git rid of those security updates. Shame that the spyware updates download either way and you have no tools to stop them other than block all the ports on your router.
>>
>>380625116
There is no spyware of theirs unless you install those """""security""""" updates which came around the time 10 got out.
I'm running a 2012 build with SP1 and zero updates.
All games work fucking fantastic, even supposedly shit ports like DX:MD and Dishonored 2.
>>
Was severely disappointed with the last 2 GT games and since Sport is going full retard with no career mode I won't bother with this one.
Don't give a fuck about Forza
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.