[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guilty Gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

So I wanna git gud at ASW type of game before Dragonball Fighter Z comes out.

I was told to buy Guilty Gear XRD Rev 2 as it will more than likely play similar.

Thing is I can pick up Rev 1 for 13 bings but Rev 2 costs 33 bings. Is Rev 1 still a good game, and how much does Rev 2 improve upon it?

>tl;dr: Is Rev 2 really worth it over Rev 1?
>>
You will have a hard time finding players willing to play Rev 1.
>>
Nobody who takes these games seriously is going to still play Rev1
>>
>>380612006
Even on the PS4? how old is this shit?
>>
>>380611871

You're wasting money getting rev 1 because everyone will be playing rev 2. That's how the genre works.
>>
Aren't Rev1 and 2 have crossplay?
>>
>>380611871
DBF won't play like XRD much or at all, but you should still get XRD if you think it looks fun/interesting. Also learning ANY fighting game will help you with DBF if you've never played the genre seriously since a lot of skills transfer.

>>380612839
You can play with people who have rev 2 but they have to downgrade to rev 1 in the menu and use the old balance and no new characters to fight you and no one will want to do that
>>
>>380612839
People who own Rev 2 can rollback to Rev 1 and play with other Rev 1 people ala SSFIVAE -> SSFIV.

The playerbase moved on to Rev 2 though, so that's where you are going to find people to play with. Welcome to Fighting games.
>>
>>380612839
You technicaly can buy you have to switch back from rev 2 to 1 because the balance is completely different
>>
>>380613102
How about Tekken 7? I was seriously considering getting T7 until another anon told me that XRD would be a good place to get familiar with he potential controls.
>>
>>380613486
tekken 7 is a 3d fighter, which requires a different mindset
>>
>>380613486
Well XRD is not really like DBF but it sure is more similar to it than Tekken. I suggest you just get a game that looks fun to you though. If you are interested in tekken get that one, if GG get rev 2.
>>
>>380613486
T7 plays completely different than GG/DBZ. Just get Rev 2, it's worth the cash, best fighter of this gen by far
>>
>>380612196
rev 1 is 2 years old I think but most players would have bought Rev 2 anyway.
>>
>>380613486
For controls probably Xrd would be your best bet, either that or MvC3.

Though the only thing I see common with Xrd is that you build meter by moving towards the opponent and airdashes.

However Xrd has a huge tutorial/mission mode that can teach you how to play 2D fighters in general/GG specifically.
>>
>>380612196
Rev 1 is a year old but Rev 2 is literally a season pass where the balance patch is part of the DLC, so Rev 1 is pretty much invalidated as a game.

It'd be like playing Super Street Fighter IV when Ultra was out, you can do what you want, but everyone else moved on.
>>
>>380613102
>DBF won't play like XRD much or at all
Gameplay footage says otherwise.
>>
just buy rev1 and upgrade to rev2 later if you like the game.
>>
>>380614601
You have literally never played GG if you believe that DBF would play like it
>>
>>380614601
It looks nothing like XRD except visually and generic anime stuff like airdashes
>>
>>380614952
Started with Slash, kiddo. I only watched a couple minutes of the DBZ thing but what I saw looked exactly like generic Xrd play.

Oh wait, retards like you are literally unreasonable.

You have literally never played GG if you believe that DBF wouldn't play like it
>>
File: 1496881902267.jpg (39KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1496881902267.jpg
39KB, 500x367px
>git gud at GG

If you've never played them before, it's going to take a long fucking time to learn how to play. Guilty Gear is an extremely complex game, even the tutorials, as extensive as they are, lack most of what the game offers.

I've been playing Guilty Gear for years online and I still get trashed by some players who make quick work of me. That turns a LOT of new players away from the game.
>>
>>380615206
>no hard knockdown, ground recovery
>no 1f throws
>no roman cancels of any sort
>no faultless defense or IB
>autocombos are on by default
>not 1v1
But yeah, if we forget about those points that basically define the GG serie, we can say it plays EXACTLY like GG, and it's totally not closer to Persona 4 Arena or simply Marvel 3.

Kill yourself retard.
>>
>>380615206
>looked exactly like generic Xrd play

Except one is a 3v3 fighter and the other is 1v1 and they have entirely different universal mechanics

Oh wait you're just a fucking retard
>>
>>380615824
lol fuck off cuck youve never played gg, prove you did now or else....
>>
>>380611871
People playing DBZ on the show floor are saying it's easier than GG. Combos can be mashed out pretty thoughtlessly and there's a button that homing-dashes you to the enemy while attacking.

Pretty sure you don't need to get gud at GG first, but Rev 1 or even Sign might be cheap enough for you to just test out mechanics, play arcade, or grab some local friends if you want to know how ASW games feel.
>>
>>380615824
>>no roman cancels of any sort
I think the 'vanish' mechanic can be used similar to RC.
>>
>>380615824
>not 1v1
Stopped here, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. And before you go further retard on me it's not Marvel you retard, it's KoF.
>>380615928
Hahahaha
Above. Thanks for announcing your irrelevance.

Nice blowing you retards the fuck out and all, but these are the last (You)s you get.
>>
>>380616074
Are you mentally ill? Xrd is a 1v1 fighter.
>>
File: gg.png (69KB, 404x88px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
69KB, 404x88px
>>380615963
Pic related shows more hours played on one single version of a game than you have in the entire serie, multiplied by 10.

>>380616035
Yes, but closer to combo extenders only. Like, you won't use it as a neutral tool, like a YRC or a FRC to cancel the recovery of a projectile for instance.

>>380616074
>it's KoF.
Didn't know you could call assists and even tag on KoF.
No seriously, end your life
>>
>>380616646
nice shop lol
>>
File: 549_1000.jpg (489KB, 1000x1480px) Image search: [Google]
549_1000.jpg
489KB, 1000x1480px
>>380615317
Well that's disheartening.
>>
>>380615317
I semi agree but the tutorials in Rev are the best ever, period. Absolutely everything is covered, from basic movement to character-specific matchup challenges. It also has a great FAQ that teaches gg-specific stuff but also covers basic fighting game terminology. It's a super complex game but the way they present makes it manageable, and I'd say if you're trying to get good at fighters in general it's the best game to work with.
>>
always buy the newest version if you're planning on playing online.
>>
>>380615317
I was about to say this, OP you never learn a game to prepare yourself to another game, learning any fighting game takes time let alone guilty gear. What you need to do though is pick up the game and learn at your own pace. Fighting games are like that and if you really take it seriously and take the time to learn even if you're still trash you're going to realize that you are less trash than before and that's how you keep going. Don't try to be good, try to learn and when that dbz game comes in do the same, learn.
>>
Skill vs CPU is not transferable to skill vs people right?
>>
>>380622453
Absolutely, especially in Arcsys games where on max difficulty the AI will read your inputs and try to counter you appropriately.
>>
>>380615317
it doesn't take that long to become good enough to play online, not everyone is a high level player in this game
>>
>>380622768
Wait what? really? I was always told I shouldn't practice vs CPU in SFIV because playing vs people is a whole another different story
>>
File: 310DoubleBishopRunout.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
310DoubleBishopRunout.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
>>380611871
GG is a fun bois game hoo hoo
>>
>>380622952
Skill is NOT transferable is what I'm trying to say. Beating the AI is as simple as recognizing what it tries to do in certain situations and picking whatever move beats that, or abusing your range if you play a zoner of some sort. People, even the lowest level of scrubs, can't be manipulated that easily because they actually have a brain.
>>
File: GGTASSol.webm (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
GGTASSol.webm
2MB, 320x240px
>>380622768
I am sure we can all learn how to beat the Japanese from our AI overlords
>>
>>380623237
Oh fuck me then, thanks mate.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.