[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Payday 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: PiggyKiller.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PiggyKiller.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
How do I maximise the fun? Advice for a new player? It seems like there are many possible builds. Is there a DLC unlocker for the current version? Does the unlocker work on Linux?

The OST is pretty rad.
>>
Get Fully Loaded Aced, Body Expertise Aced, Fire Control Aced, Surefire Aced, Shock and Awe Aced, The Professional Aced, and Silent Killer.
Slap a silencer on your JP36.
You have now turned one of the worst guns in the game into an infinite ammo bullet hose that you don't need to aim.
>>
Overkill is the standard difficulty. Below that is babby tier and above that is irritating bullet sponge tier.
>>
Hoxton Breakout is a free heist that is pretty fun and awards a ton of experience.
>>
>>380611486
What this guy said. Overkill is standard difficulty for casual fun play while the ones harder than that are pretty murderous and require good grasp of builds, proper gear and preferably voice chat team work. The easier difficulties on the other hand are basically geared towards the mentally impaired. Only exception is stealth heists, where harder than Overkill difficulties aren't that big of a jump especially for certain heists where number of guards are limited anyways.

Also make sure you have at least one friend to play with and preferably host yourself. Payday 2 has one of the spergy communities to exist: if you play with other low levels you're paired with retards who play the game like L4D and hide in a fucking corner without doing any objectives or even actively shooting cops, whereas higher level players usually just kick you from lobby. Many high level players also are very kickhappy in general and will kick you for being downed even once (which is the reason you should be the host), and use cheat UI mods that announce timers, right cooking ingredients, even loot locations etc.

Having friends with voice chat is pretty important for stealth heists in general, because even one person's fuck up can ruin the entire heist and you'll need to communicate pagers you have to interact with.
>>
>play jacket
>install microsoft jacket mod
>now everything is fun
>>
>>380611374
>>380612212
>>380613245
Thanks!

>>380611486
>>380613245
I'm playing on normal for starters. Should I go for overkill then?
>>380614578
Explain.
>>
>>380616081
Do easier heists, like Mallcrasher or Four Stores on Overkill.
You'll be decent level in no time.
Playing normal will keep you at "useless" level forever and a day.
>>
>>380616285
Thanks! I'll do that.

Which gear should I get? I want to optimise my purchases.
>>
>>380617608
Once you get a few good heists going money becomes kinda worthless. You'll have more than you can spend.
>>
>PD2
>fun
you dont, you have to face glitchy ass cops while hostnigs shout at you for not doing things the way they like
>>
test
>>
>>380617608
You wanna have at least 2 different sets of weaponry, one meant for stealth with maximum concealment and one for loud.

For stealth it's really not important what you carry arround, just as long as you get to a very low detection (minimum is 3). You should have something with a silencer obviously.

As for loud, there's way too many options, but the CAR-4 is probably the most "average" weapon in most aspects and can be modded to hell and back. A secondary shotgun is always a good option, I dunno how the locomotive is doing these days but the GSPS 12G is ridiculously powerful and fun.

Also, tip: when you use a doctor bag you reset the number of times you can be downed, so only use them when you've gone down a couple of times rather than using them for healing.
>>
Levelling like crazy on Overkill. Thanks for the advice.

>>380617769
Good to know.

>>380617867
Joke's on them. Voicechat is broken on Linux.
I say so through chat so they are aware of it.

>>380618889
Roger. Thanks!
What's the penalty for being downed?
>>
>>380619315
>What's the penalty for being downed?
After you go down a few times, you go down for real. AKA you die and your teammates can't revive you anymore.
>>
>>380619315
There's a limit to how many times you can go down before the cops get you. Once the cops get you, you have to wait for the assault wave to end, and then your teammates can trade a hostage to get you back. It's not always feasible.

You'll know you're in trouble when your vision goes black and white. At that point, hide and use a doctor bag.
>>
>>380619315
Yeah this >>380620003
Just notice that medic bags and first aid kits are different, first aid kits will only heal you and not reset the counter, so go crazy on them if you feel like you need them.
>>
>>380619315
>What's the penalty for being downed?

Going down 3 times means your next down will instantly put you into custody. This can be increased to 4 with a skill. Cloaker and Taser downs do NOT count toward down count.
>>
Instead of modding your weapon's damage all to fuck look up damage breakpoints.

For example, on overkill, I think 32 damage kills tans in 2 headshots and greens in 1. Any less adds another shot needed and any more is a waste that could be used for other stats. Good target damage for assault rifles and pistols.

Get something like pocohud or hoxhud for some quality of life stuff like minion health and hud timers for drills.

Don't ignore perk decks. upgrading them can supplement builds with unique mechanics that increase or heal health, armor, dodge, etc.

Not sure if this is the case anymore but joining the community hub gives you lots of new weapons and throwables.

First aid kits don't replenish your downs. That's why you have so many.

Mark special enemies with your activate key.
>>
>>380621623
>hoxhud
I meant wolfhud. Hoxhud sucks and I'm pretty sure it's dead.
>>
>>380621623
Oh shit I forgot about Perk Decks.

OP if you're a noob with no DLC get the Muscle deck equipped and leveled up, it'll make you much harder to kill.

If you have DLCs, you have more options, some of them wacky, some of them overpowered.

Anarchist, for example, means you can wear the lightest armor and run around like sanic but still have the armor of a goddamn juggernaught.
>>
File: 1472271814113.png (1MB, 1122x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1472271814113.png
1MB, 1122x1122px
>meet some guy with "CHEATER" on his name
>suddenly I'm getting $1Mill each game
>>
>>380621623
Is there any hud mod which shows the latency?
>>
File: 1491771830521.png (11KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1491771830521.png
11KB, 128x128px
>>380611041
If I cheat for money in a single player heist do I get the CHEATER label? What are the best cheat mods at the moment?
>>
>>380622212
Probably. I can't remember if pocohud or wolfhud shows the ping since I don't play online too much.

There is a beta going on for testing better network stuff though, but with no mods allowed.
>>
HUDs and non-cosmetic mods are for homos.
The only good mods are the ones that replace the gallery art with midna/gay scalie hentai.
>>
>>380622008
>Muscle deck.

Roger that.
>>
>>380622307
You only get the cheater label if you join an online server with equipment/weapons/masks you shouldn't have.
Cheating in money or messing with the game with any type of cheat doesnt do squat.

At least it didn't before.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.