[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the star ocean series have a good plot? If not recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: SO2_PSP.jpg (47KB, 256x438px) Image search: [Google]
SO2_PSP.jpg
47KB, 256x438px
Does the star ocean series have a good plot? If not recommend me some rpgs with good plot.
>>
>>380607243
till the end of time had the best plot
>>
>>380607374
unironically this
anyone who shits on it must hate fun
>>
>>380607374
>>380607563
should i start there or with the first one
>>
>>380608091
Most of them aren't directly related, and all you'll miss is maybe some subtle references to earlier games, like the protag of 2 being the son of one of the main characters in 1, but it doesn't affect the plot or anything

That said, you can start wherever you want, just preferably not 4 or 5
3 actually isn't an awful starting point, but 1 is short and enjoyable, plus a good introduction to the series' weird method of recruiting party members- the PSP remake of it is great, with the only negative change being replacing the beautiful spritework in fields/dungeons with hideous prerendered backgrounds, so if that REALLY bothers you you can play the original but other than that the remake provides a lot of QoL improvements so it's more-or-less the definitive version
Second Evolution makes some lazy design decisions and is pretty buggy, so there's an actual reason to play the original over it, but I don't think it really matters that much unless you're an autistic series fanboy trying to get the perfect experience out of each one

One thing to note, regardless of which versions you go with, 1 and 2 are fairly simple in gameplay, and then 3 has some of the most complicated JRPG mechanics, with there being a huge difference between playing it "normally" and playing it "correctly" after figuring out all the systems, which both enhanced its popularity and distanced it from casuals, so there's that
>>
>>380608991
alright thanks i'm gonna try out the psp version
>>
>>380609313
godspeed, OP
>>
>>380608091
I've only played till the end of time desu but from what I hear the only plot they share is the world they are in or something. Which till the end of time completely btfos the entirety of existence.

>tfw being 12 and experiencing my first tweest
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.