[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that stole your gaming virginity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 61V972CCQRL.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61V972CCQRL.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>Games that you cherished as a kid and even now
>Games that make you sad for it not being longer
>Games that make you want to restart your save because you can't bring yourself to end the fun
What's her name /v/?
>>
>>380602065
I recently got this on Ps4 since it was at half the price. So many good memories of thia game
>>
>>380603514
Weird that there's some graphical issues like when the speech box pops up, which was never present in the original
>>
Why is this game so damn hard, though? Or did I just play it the wrong way? Barely was able to finish that first dungeon back when I tried playing the game.
>>
File: steambotchronicles_ps2box[1].jpg (63KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
steambotchronicles_ps2box[1].jpg
63KB, 355x500px
>>380602065
My man. Excellent taste.
Also, this.
Even though I was an adult when I played it.
>>
>>380603998
Were you blocking? Did you save the big robots only for Steve? Did you level up your gun by weakening the enemy with your wrench first?
>>
>>380603998
Was it due to lack of recovery items? I remember the combat being very basic.
>>
File: 1431371515759.png (229KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1431371515759.png
229KB, 800x900px
I never played through Earthbound but I still have the save from 1995 right before the final boss.
My intention is to finish it on my wedding night for maximum feels.
>>
>>380603998
Really? The second game is hard? For me the first one was, if not more brutal
>>
>>380602065

same op
dark cloud 2 is my most cherished alongside mega man legends

lets be friends
>>
>>380604826
That's actually pretty cool.
>>
>>380602065
I never played DC1 or 2 as a kid, but I was introduced to them somewhat recently. I adored Dark Cloud 1 and played through it eagerly. After finishing it, I bought Dark Cloud 2.
It seemed great at first, but I'm just not getting into it. It doesn't have the same "video gamey" feel that so quickly lured me into 1 (don't ask me to explain that, because I can't), and Max and Jessica's cooperation just seems so awkward.
"Hi, I'm from the future! We gotta fix the timeline!"
"Hi, I'm Max! I have a grand total of zero questions for you!"

I'm currently in the forest dungeon. Does the game pick up soon?
>>
>>380604826
This is the most Cuck post I've ever read.
>>
>>380607273
not him but how so?
Guy wants to finish a game from childhood the day he finally sees himself as a man, its poetic
>>
>>380607137
>Jessica
Nigga its Monica
>>
>>380607137
The next area, Balance Valley, is my favorite because of its small twist to the world building. Try finishing the Forest and see if the satisfaction of rebuilding the past and seeing results in the future hits you. There's also a golf-like minigame introduced in Balance Valley too.

Have you been taking pictures for invention ideas?
>>
File: 51FYAQ3AKWL.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51FYAQ3AKWL.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>
>>380608378
whoops
>>380608736
Alright, thanks. Yeah, I have, and I really do like that mechanic. I just haven't really been pulled into the dungeon delving yet I suppose.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>
>>380607137
>"Hi, I'm Max! I have a grand total of zero questions for you!"

Looking back i can agree with this, you would question the fuck out of anyone from the past/future. But her world is being assfucked by an evil wizard and Max's thing is he has no frame of reference and is the ultimate blank slate, he's never even seen outside his hometown before

That said i love the combat and the fact you only have 2 characters with weapons that don't frustratingly break. I advise you keep playing when you get to the world building part soon it opens up
>>
File: Weapon Build-Up chart.png (139KB, 1958x748px) Image search: [Google]
Weapon Build-Up chart.png
139KB, 1958x748px
>>380609717
Hopefully the dungeon crawling grows on you. I never played DC1 so I can't relate to the differences you're experiencing. In case you're interested, here's a build-up chart for what your weapons can become and what parameters they need.

I know there are a few passive party members that boost things like money earned or weapon AP once you get them to join the train.
>>
>>380603998
I beat DC2 when I was 9. You might be slow.
>>
Does DC2 have any relation to DC1? I only played the first one, but from what I can tell it's like Final Fantasy in that each entry in the series has no relation to the others. Is that right?
>>
>>380610838
it's not actually a sequel, it was only called 2 in the US
it's a spiritual sequel, much of the gameplay is the same, albeit alot more of a chore now and a lot more unnecessary crap that bogs down the game

>you can't do x until you run around the town in under 90 seconds!
how about fuck off
>>
Re3 will aways be one of my favorite games
>>
File: sanic.jpg (74KB, 300x206px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
74KB, 300x206px
>>380602065
>>
>>380602065

Super Metroid

though technically DKC was one the first games i ever owned i haven't bothered to beat it all these years later.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.