[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to Katamari?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Ji7uOhS.jpg (89KB, 466x904px) Image search: [Google]
Ji7uOhS.jpg
89KB, 466x904px
Whatever happened to Katamari?
>>
Keita Takahashi never wanted to do a sequel but was forced to. Without him the games have been pretty bad so that is likely what happened to them.
>>
>>380601520
it rolled into obscurity. which was a shame cuz it was an absolute ball to play
>>
>>380602013
i see what ya did there senpai
>>
There's only so much you could do with it conceptually. It's probably better that it quit while we could still have fond memories of it and it was still weird and fun.
>>
>>380601520
Mobile tap game.
>>
>game about collecting trash
>like if animal crossing wasn't enough
>>
Is the PS3 one worth picking up?
>>
>>380601641
While I get where he's coming from about endless sequels hurting the integrity, I see no problem with one release per console/generation. A 3ds katamari would be amazing, and one of few games I actually turn on the 3D for
>>
>>380603808
Yes, all the games are good except for Me & My Katamari. It's an unplayable piece of shit.
>>
>>380601520
The lack of a Katamari game or a game like it on the PS4 was probably my biggest disappointment with the PS4 after the paid online crap, that was admittedly already enough for me to hate the PS4 forever.

But yeah. Graphics are stagnating. Visually the jump from the PS3 to the PS4 did not and still does not impress me.
But the RAM and CPU upgrades could have lended itself to an absolutely amazing Katamari game or Katamari like game.
In before Knack. Not the same.

Developers. Please stop trying to make things even more visually "impressive" when it's no longer that impressive.
Do something with Katamari like visuals or whatever, and just make -more- of it than ever, -bigger- and crazier. That's be legitimately impressive and something that hasn't been possible with previous generation hardware. Meanwhile the graphical differences just blends together.

Just compare the Shadow of the Colossus HD remaster for the PS3 with the images of the upcoming PS4 remaster. Like fuck. Yes it looks a bit better I suppose, but really who cares? The game already looked pretty darn amazing and this is barely any more impressive.
What would have been impressive would have been new colossi and things that wasn't possible on the old hardware, but fuck that. Everything is always just about graphics.

Zelda pushes its system to its limits, but it doesn't put everything towards fucking polygons and shaders and whatnot. And it still manages to look absolutely beautiful, while having tons of stuff going on at the same time. Even though it's done on weaker hardware.
Now if games on even stronger hardware were to work with the same general idea, they'd be able to do even more things at the same time. But it's like no one wants to. They all put their resources on boring crap. And we never got another game like Katamari or something like it. Fuck it.
>>
File: turn 360 degrees and tearaway.png (397KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
turn 360 degrees and tearaway.png
397KB, 600x600px
>>380604682
Sounds like you need to play Tearaway
>>
No franchise should last forever.
>>
>>380605929
>It's another 'Sony tries to produce a platformer' episode.
You can always tell when it's Sony. Clunky, weird, jarring art direction, desperation to get to Nintendo's level.
>>
>>380606241
This
>>
He doesn't want soulless cashins. If technology worth making a katamari game (good vr?) Surfaced you might see one
>>
>>380605929
I actually have been interested to check it out. Never did though. And probably for an incredibly silly reason. But it visually reminded me of Little Big Planet and I lost my interest in those games and as a result I never really ended up checking it out.
>>
>>380601520
Rock of Ages happened
>>
>>380601520
hey wasn't one of the people responisble for it making a new non katamari game and posted a minute long trailer or teaser back in 2014 has anything come of it, if not, it feels like alot more big games that were announced the generation averagely are edging closer to becoming vaporware
>>
Creator has a new company and a sequel to the Katamari/Nobi Nobi Boy universe is in the works. We should get it this year or in 2018.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USQrMJpSe1Y
>>
>>380604682
>In before Knack. Not the same.
Especially since Knack could only collect certain parts.
>>
>>380607405
I actually really loved Rock of Ages but it's a completely different game
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.