[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just bought a brand new boxed wired Xbox 360 controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

I've just bought a brand new boxed wired Xbox 360 controller for PC because /v/ told me I should stock up on those because they don't get made anymore and you can't get them in the USA anymore at all. Was that a good idea?
>>
How much did you spend on it?
>>
I don't see why not, I'm sure you'll end up using it sooner or later.
>>
>>380601508
Its fine, as long as you don't use it for fighting games (dpad) and old pc racing games (directinput binds LT and RT to the same axis).
>>
I have one and dpad aside it's pretty good
>>
>>380601508
other than just putting in a ps4 controllr with ds4 mapping, yeah you did good.
>>
Xbone pc controller is a step up in every way. I say this as someone who used a wired 360 controller from release until recently.
>>
>>380601508
>getting the 360 controller instead of the xbone controller
Enjoy the shitty dpad.
>>
>>380601508
xbox controllers are shit in general, deadzones are way too large making them utter shit for fps

direction pad is utter shit so it sucks for 2d games too, none of the facebuttons are analog, it's really one of the worst controllers in general.

dual shock 3 is still the best all around controller, dual shock 4 is the second best
>>
>>380601508
Its a great controller besides the awful d-pad. I used one for years until I got an xbone controller.
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (331KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
331KB, 5000x5000px
>>380602241
>deadzones are way too large making them utter shit for fps
>Using a controller for FPS on PC
>>
>>380602241
>controller for shooters
>>
>>380601508
its alright but its not a good idea to get one just for the reasons you listed. The newer controllers are better.
>>
>>380602241
sonybro detected
>using a controller for fps
jej
>>
Does anybody also have a problem with the xbox one controller having ''crunchy'' right and left bumpers?
>>
I was stubbornly sticking to the old 360 ones because fuck xbone controller and fuck malware4 controller. But the quality of them has gone to absolute shit - the last 3 ones barely lasted a month each. I suspect it will be the same with all of them now so the garbage tier quality drives people to the bone controller instead.

Ended up biting the bullet and getting the xbone controller and it's good, just had to work out the driver issue.
>>
>>380602329
>>380602337
Dual shock 3 & 4 work fine with a lot of practice as long as the game you're playing has linear aiming and no acceleration/deceleration and no autoaim.

Just because you people have never done it doesn't mean it doesnt work.

granted, most games have terrible controls and you cannot aim properly, but some do, like battlefield 4 for example. you cannot blame the mouse because the game has forced mouse acceleration
>>
>>380602687
>just had to work out the driver issue.
What driver issue? Its natively supported on windows 10 and it was a single driver install from MS for me on 7.
>>
>>380602687
>But the quality of them has gone to absolute shit - the last 3 ones barely lasted a month each.
Thats too bad. My old wired 360 controller is still trucking from like 10 years ago. Although it is worn to absolute shit, its still usable.
>>
they're obsolete
>>
>>380602779
>Dual shock 3 & 4 work fine with a lot of practice as long as the game
Yeah but this thread is specifically about a 360 on controller in PC specifically, you would be fine for SP shooters but you would never play an MP shooter on PC with a controller. Your automatically at a massive disadvantage by doing so.
>>
>>380602850
>and it was a single driver install from MS for me on 7.
Yeah basically I got taken on a fucking journey across the internet because i didn't have an update. Then I couldn't install the update for some reason. Had to find a way to fix that, and in that fix another problem occurred etc. Was not far away from beating my PC with my desk lamp, all I wanted to do was play some fucking Dragons Dogma.
>>
Wired is the same as regular.

Wireless Makes sense.

They have made better ones for xbox one controller, don't know if they work with old PC games
>>
>>380602970
For sure, but playing with an inferior controller definately makes for a worse experience even in singleplayer. This is relevant for all first person shooters and all third person shooters and really all third person games in general. The smaller deadzone is really massively inferior. Anything that plays will dual analog will play worse on an xbox controller
>>
>>380601508
If it was cheap, I guess. Otherwise, no point in getting one over the bone or ps4 controllers.
>>
>>380601593
30 Euros.
>>
>>380602241
Get it together
>>
>>380603631
thats ok, not a great deal but you didn't get ripped-off either
>>
>>380602779
if a game has forced mouse acceleration and you aren't using a mouse what is the problem?
>if the game is designed terribly and you do a Sisyphean feat of struggling with the controls for hours and hours you can get good at it, don't knock it guys.
Thats you right now.
>>
>>380603631
really?
they are 24 all around where I live.
>>
>>380602241
Why do sony idol worshipers feel the need to ruin every single thread?
>>
>>380601508
>Ordered one of these from Amazon
>It never came
>Got a refund
>Bought another one
>Found the first one I ordered in the shed about two weeks later
Their own fault for not posting a note through the door. Do I hang on to it in case they go up in value?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.