[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horizon Zero Dawn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: horizon-zero-dawn-tallneck.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
horizon-zero-dawn-tallneck.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Going to replay this but want a challenge run.
Thinking of zero stealth outside of prologue, anyone got a recommendation?

Also Horizon thread, I guess. Thoughts on DLC? There's a road in the north that leads nowhere, I think it'll start there.
>>
>>380601363
DLC is fuckin g DEC. 31. 2017
This pisses me off to no end.

I recommend beating it without the bow.
>>
File: 1457139681265.jpg (30KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
1457139681265.jpg
30KB, 600x457px
should i get this on sale or ARMS?
>>
>>380602071
That's a while.
I guess without bow could work because you get a lot of other weapons and I used the bow more than any other.

>>380602136
It's on sale now, right? It depends how interested you are in either. Nintendo games don't often drop in price and Horizon might get a GOTY edition after DLC, or at least another discount.
>>
im gonna beat it in the refugees welcome mode
>>
>>380602294

You can do without bow, but you'll end up using the blast sling for pretty much everything (I did that anyway). Blast sling is satisfying as fuck.
>>
>>380602398
I never used corruption in my first playthrough so I might do corruption arrows but no other bows.
>>
>>380602294
yes, on PSN at least. i think ill just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.
>>
>>380602667
That's probably the best idea, especially since ARMS is online and will most likely drop a lot of its players when Splatoon comes out, so get it while it's hot.
>>
Does this game bare any resemblance to Montser Hunter in terms of gameplay? it doesnt have to be the same, but i really like the idea of taking down robot dinos. i barely care for the story. would i enjoy horizon?
>>
>>380602923
You can't compare it to Monster Hunter, it's more like Witcher 3 or Assassins Creed?
>>
>>380602923
It's much faster and melee is pointless.
I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't much difference in how you deal with different robots, but they do have weaknesses to keep in mind.

But yes, like >>380603020 said. More like W3.
>>
>>380602398
And you'll end up farming a shit ton of blaze. That's not challenging.
>>
>>380602324
You'll get raped as soon as you reach the sun kingdom
>>
>>380603020
>>380603075
thats disappointing. ill still check it out because it looks solid
>>
>>380603242
>380603242
I don't know any series that's similar to MonHun, so Horizon might be one of the most similar, even if it's completely different.
>>
>>380603484
There are a few other hunting games. Like god eater, toukiden, freedom wars or soul sacrifice.
>>
>>380601363
Wonder what else the DLC will bring besides a new territory? In terms of weapons and enemies and the like? Since HZD is basically married to TW3, I wonder if The Frozen Wilds will be as gigantic as Blood and Wine and such?
>>
>>380601363
Don't use upgraded weapons, use only default ones, that will make it a true challenge against the bigger bots.
>>
>>380603653
I do hope so.
A couple weapon types would be nice.

I wish the entire game had more tracking, but I doubt the DLC would add that.
>>
>>380603746
That sounds like it would make the game pretty boring.
>>
>>380603653
If they make something like Blood and Wine they can sell it like a stand alone. But I doubt it, they are talking about 10hrs gameplay, so I expect a story focused DLC.
>>
>>380604023
Why? You will end spit roasted as soon as a couple of bots figth you, that's what OP is looking for.
>>
>>380602136
Echoing this, is it worth sinking the time into? I get that facing the robots might be cool but whats there to do besides that that's engaging?
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
If it hasn't been said:

>Don't get any skill upgrades that make combat a breeze, including concentration and all that. So no jump+slow mo. No increased damage of any sort. Go for general quality of life upgrades, like mount summon etc (I forget what the skill trees look like).

>Limit your weapon types. No rope casters or elemental slings. Trip casters are fine, traps are fine. Might have to ban the sharpshot bow too, but not the tearblast shot

>No melee stealth takedowns allowed, including at human camps.

>original armor selection only (nothing past first vendor)
>>
>>380604653
The story is surprisingly nice and I enjoy the various different environments a lot.
The combat is the main focus, though. No doubt. Figure out what weapons to use where, different strategies for different packs of enemies, horseback or on foot.

>>380604927
That skill thing is good. I'll avoid the take downs and bonus damage. I was almost only using bows my first playthrough so I'll use everything else this time.
>>
>>380604653
It's a good game, the main hook is hunting robo Dinos. They get tougher, but never too overwhelming. By the time you start to feel "meh" the story suddenly shifts and should intrigue you. Keep an open mind (intro is slow and pretty bad), and remember to not play like pansy. Have fun with your tools and experiment.
>>
>>380604151
>they are talking about 10hrs gameplay
They said this? Where?
>>
>>380605080
>>380605118
Thanks senpaitachi now I'm intrigued enough to pick it up.
>>
>>380606237
If you decide to. Play on very hard. It's pretty much essential.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.