[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tales of Berseria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: why.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
Kamoana's voice acting is unforgivably bad. Who okayed this?
>>
>>380598270
How is this game?

I haven't enjoyed a tales since Vesperia
>>
>>380598454
Better than Zestiria, more complete than Xillia, and you'll probably like the characters more than Graces.
>>
>>380598540
Does it have dual audio? Why don't you play it on japanese?
>>
>>380598454

Boring as fuck. Writing is marginally better than Zestiria.

Vesperia was the last good Tales game.
>>
>>380598645
I didn't want my ears squealed off by some high-pitched girl.
>>
>>380598690
With the way the western tales fanbase is so full of fanboys for Vesperia, part of me wonders if that's just a product of whininess over not getting the ps3 version, since they all mention that anyway. If they had gotten it, maybe they'd be less stuck on that one game.
>>
Where was Berseria ever translated, anyway? The way characters keep calling Artorius Velvet's brother when he's her brother-in-law keeps throwing me off. I can understand that a lot of non English-speaking places might leave off the in-law part, but I've never heard of any English speakers doing that.
>>
>>380598985
I call my brother in-law brother

>>380598705
So she's terrible in both audios, that's a bummer
>>
Finished jacking off to Eleanor.
>>
>>380599196
Anyone else get the vibe Eleanor was Alisha 2.0?
>>
>>380598782
Vesperia was only good in it's time. Vesperiafags need to accept change and also accept that they're not going to get their PS3/4 remake. I didn't play it in it's time and it was good but not as good as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
>>380599573
I really liked it, but I can't fathom the obsession people have for it
>>
File: tmp_9856-tenor1158142621.gif (685KB, 498x205px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9856-tenor1158142621.gif
685KB, 498x205px
>>380598705
Jesus Christ she's a 10 year old girl you stupid fuck.
>>
>>380600060
Ear pain is ear pain.
>>
>>380599196
>Not jacking off to Roukuro in Eleanor's body.
>>
>>380600060
oh i see, that makes it ok then
>>
>>380598454
great characters
passable story
mundane combat
shit environments, lots of needless walking around and back tracking
>>
>>380602365
This sounds terrible
>>
>>380602434
>>380602365
Compared to older games maybe, but compared to Xillia and Zestiria the areas felt smaller and less crowded with enemies, so they were less tedious.
>>
>>380598454
Im still playing it but the characters are all great fun, the story is meh, the combat is serviceable and the dungeons are corridors but the fields are not bad.
>>
>>380602434
It's worth one playthrough. The game is really easy on normal mode, though, especially if you play as Velvet. Kamoana is such a shit character that I always skipped her dialog. Also a lot of skits have the wrong text entirely, like they used Siri to plop the text in with voice-to-text. It's BAD.

But the game is fun. Play it once and if you liked Vesperia you'll at least enjoy it, but you probably won't play it again.
>>
>>380602434
Honestly, its my favorite Tales game. The cast and skits are really the best, which I think is the best you can hope for in this series. The gameplay is button mashy (as you'd expect) but the ebb and flow of gaining and spending souls is fun and there's a ton of mechanics if you want to go in deep, its easily the best incarnation of the post-Vesperia artes battle system. Story and soundtrack are solid. The only thing is the world map and dungeons are dinky, but even that has some ok parts unlike more recent games.
>>
>>380603101
>Playing Tales game on anything but the highest difficulty
>The grade system is literally built around this

I beat this game the other day
Artorious/Innominat tag team fight was fucking rough, hardest tales last boss even. Dat fucking Insubstantiality
>>
>>380603508
>soundtrack good
Tales has not had a good soundtrack since Vesperia. Bland and uninspired. The battle tracks, especially, have sucked dongs. I played all of Berseria with alternate battle music.
>>
>>380603719
>Since Vesperiafags again
>>
>>380603719
Zestiria was pretty good.
The OST I mean. Go Shiina is the only reason I was able to play through it
>>
>>380605031

It was still Sakuraba shitting it up 80% of the time though. But the Go Shiina stuff was bretty gud.
>>
>>380598270
Velvet is such a beauty
>>
>>380606060

Hide your sons tho.
>>
>>380605715
Very true. I had forgotten all about those tracks because the game was so forgettable. Sakuraba has been awful the last few years. He wasn't too bad for Star Ocean 5, though.
>>
>>380608259
What a game to put effort into.
>>
>>380608527
It's a shame that the game was rushed to "completion", considering how fun the game felt to play. It did a lot of things right. Zestiria and Berseria could've learned from its open-world combat - Zestiria especially.
>>
>>380608872
Well Star Ocean is dead now, so there's no real competition for them to deal with anymore.
>>
>>380609045
Don't be so sure. If Anemthesis does well, it'll probably get some love. The team likes the series, but they really need to have the time to finish the damn game.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.