[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when game of the year was announced?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Where were you when game of the year was announced?
>>
>>380593487
Holy fuck is this Story 2?
>>
>>380593487
It was a little concerning watching the treehouse gameplay desu. When she was playing single player, she had to play the whole stage normally, then enter the stage again to play it from the other side, there was no way to flip the screen in single player. Only in multiplayer, when both yoshis ground pound, does the screen flip.

I mean I'll probably be playing most of the game with someone else but I don't really get why the single player is being gimped of the main mechanic for no reason. But then again it's not out till next year so it might change?
>>
>>380593487
watching the direct
>>380593717
nope it's similar to Woolly world but instead of a Yarn world it's a Plushy/Diorama/Papercrafting world
>>
Woolly World was fantastic, but this is boring shit.
>>
>>380593487
is this croc 3?
>>
>>380593487
This game looks so crafty. How the cardboard cut outs looks is so believable.
>>
>>380593487
>goty
>not releasing this year
>>
Singleplayer looks like dogshit since you can't flip the level. And while the flipping mechanic does make it more interesting in multiplayer, the levels themselves seem pretty simplistic. Obviously we only saw a couple of levels but I can't imagine they'd get that much more challenging. Although I'm not 5 years old so I'm not exactly the target audience for this game.
>>
>>380594050
I think (though I may be wrong) that single player levels and co-op levels will be separate. So some levels force you to flip mid-level to progress, while others can be completed on the two sides in two different playthroughs.
>>
>>380593487
>Moonman Moonman can't you see
>Shy Guys and Snifits need to hang from trees
>>
>>380593487
Seriously now. How can you be excited about a pointless a to b collect-a-thon with a kiddy style? I mean, I've been playing videogames since I was 5 and I'm almost 30 now. I stopped giving a fuck about platformers in general at the age of 9 or 10 when I discovered more gratifying genres, namely, RPGs, adventures, strategies, etc. I genuinely don't see ANYTHING appealing about either Mario, Sonic, Kirby or Yoshi. What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? To you, it's the game of the year. To me, it's just another "beep boop I'm a game, press a button character moves, yay!" How can there be two completely opposite opinions on the same matter? I don't fucking get it. I DON'T FUCKING GET IT! Not trying to troll here, I'm literally moved by this shitty thread and my fucking eyes are wet.
>>
>>380595187
And I just love your eggy ways

ha ha
>>
>>380593487
We will never see a new Yoshi's Island game again, right? It's all wooly cardboard shit from now on.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.