[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this. I triple dog dare you.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

Defend this. I triple dog dare you.
>>
>>380593108
it's a dumb,nobody can defend it

but the real reason of it is so complicated is because nintendo wants you to download their app so they can get your user data and sell it
>>
>all the people who take Splatoon serious enough to require voice chat are just using Discord anyway

Who will even buy it, besides collectors who buy everything.
>>
>>380593234
Just wait til they reveal the app is only available on the apple store
>>
>>380593108
It's stupid, but people are acting like a splitter is the most complicated thing in the world and this is some massive, cumbersome setup. It's really not. It's inconvenient, sure, but it's hardly as big a deal as people are making it out to be.
>>
>>380593108
I don't have to defend it much like you don't have to purchase it. Funny how that works out.
>>
>>380593108
Don't forget the 20$ yearly for the privilege of using this setup
>>
It's retarded but let's face it; nobody was going to use this anyways.

It's like YouTube on the Wii Um
>>
>put headphone jack on the switch
>make it useless

What were they thinking?
>>
It's so dumb I'll just not use voice chat
>>
>>380593493
Friends lists and lobbies will still be handled by the phone app. You aren't going to escape tethering your phone to your switch just by using discord instead.
>>
Please understand
>>
Imagine the amount of screachers on the nintendo voice chat. Gross.
>>
>>380593108
Who would?
>>
File: wut.png (94KB, 450x405px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
94KB, 450x405px
>>380593108
>have to buy a $400 phone to voice chat on splatoon
>>
>>380594934
Try 700
>>
Why not just use discord? Nobody wants to talk to children online anyways
Although if anything Spla2n will have less kids than CoD actually does kek
>>
>>380595103
Because lobbies and friend lists are tied to the app
>>
>>380594934
How the fuck do you survive without a smartphone in this day and age? Near goddamn everything requires an app these days.
>>
>>380593108
>>380593426
What's even the point of this? People are just going to use Discord. Literally what were they thinking.
>>
>>380595152
Normie here, we dont even know what discord is.
>>
>>380595138
By using my brain.
>>
>>380595280
Well then you're the kind of person who can just use Skype.
>>
>>380595103
Because, what's the difference? You're either using your PC with discord or your smartphone with the app (or Discord, even).

That thing they showed isn't mandatory, you can use any headphone with a microphone connected to your smartphone, you just won't receive the game's audio directly, and neither would you if you just used discord.
>>
Yeah it's pretty retarded, but I dont see myself using online at all really
>>
>>380595564
>not using online
>80% of the switches current library are multiplayer games

So just zelda then?
>>
>>380595135
That's still not nearly as bad as all of that wiring bullshit, besides, I use my phone for discord already

The use cases are all over the place and the system they're setting up is pretty retarded
>>
>>380595564
I wanna get puyo puyo and Zelda, and then Mario down the line

Also don't forget you can always just do system link to play with friends in person, which is the way I see myself playing Mario kart or whatever. I have my PC for my multiplayer shit
>>
>>380595992
Meant to reply to
>>380595727
>>
File: 1497276595604.jpg (290KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497276595604.jpg
290KB, 1000x1000px
>>380593108
It's optional. People don't realize that they can use the voice chat on the phone like you would with Discord or Skype on mobile. This device however is a dual volume splitter, meaning you get the voice chat and game audio coming through the same connection. You don't have to do this for voice chat if you're playing in TV mode, because you likely have the TV volume on. It's meant for those who are on the go and happen to be in a place with connection but also want dual audio going.

People on /v/ look at something Nintendo makes, think it's all 100% manditory and then begin to shitpost about it for months. It's sad really. My opinion wouldn't matter though, because according to /v/ I'm a "big fat neck beard autistic man child playing with toys"
>>
>>380596208
You seem a little upset
>>
>>380596208
It being optional doesn't make it any less stupid. I don't get why you're trying to defend this.
>>
>>380593108
What a stupid idea.

Good thing it literally doesn't matter because >using a console's shitty built in voice comms

Lelmao
>>
>>380596535
I think the fact that /v/ thinking it's mandatory is stupid. You can use the voice chat like you're using a phone in a group chat on Discord or Skype whilst using a normal pair of ear phones that have built in mic. I have no problem with this, and nor should you.
>>
>>380596208
>nintendo can do no wrong

Its a shitty design. They fucked up.
>>
Backward ass japs needing phones to do ANYTHING
>>
>>380593108
It looks like a squid!
>>
>>380595138
I have a watch and I went through middle school math, I think I can handle myself.
>>
>USING A PHONE IS HARD
>PHONE TO TALK TO PEOPLE WHATTTT!!!!!

literally just 1 extra cable on some wired headphones.
>>
Someone please give me a reason as to how this is superior to me just plugging in one cable from my headset. Why a fucking phone app. Why this fucking retarded ass dongle. Why does Nintendo just HAVE to be different for the sake of being different?
>>
>>380593108
Its Hori and not manditory
>>
>>380593108
why the hell couldn't they just make it so that you could just plug it in to the switch and be done with it.
Just put headphone jacks into the switch, right joycon, and pro controller and be done with it. There was literally NO reason to do the fucking adapter thing unless they're going to collect user data and sell it to other people
>>
>>380596208
And why console itself cant run this app and to voice mixing?
>>
>>380598950
That I won't defend, but I really don't see a problem if I'm still able to use a phone. Nobody really cared about voice chat on Wii U, so I don't see why everyone is bitching about it now.
>>
Defend the contraption or Nintendo using another source for voice chat?
>>
>>380593108
You don't actually need that peripheral, that's just if you want a headset that plays both game audio and voice.
>>
>>380593108
based nintendo removing whiney kids from voice chat
>>
>>380599483
"Nobody cared" because games didn't implement it.

People used voice chat a lot in MH3U because it had a sane implementation.
>>
>>380596690
Why would it be stupid to expect it to be mandatory?
>>
>>380600098
>just if you want a headset that plays both game audio and voice.

you mean like every other game system?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.