[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario Odyessy design framework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: DCOCC4sUMAATirc.jpg (247KB, 765x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DCOCC4sUMAATirc.jpg
247KB, 765x1200px
Thoughts?

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/161799433482/whats-in-a-box

>The Odyssey development team has taken further inspiration from the Hakoniwa tradition and applied intricacy of design and many layers of texture and depth to the game’s diverse landscapes, but they’ve done so in large, sprawling kingdoms that are packed with areas to explore and surprises to uncover, rather than in miniaturized spaces. It is an approach that is different from the goal of creating a vast world in an open-air style that was taken during the development of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Instead, Super Mario Odyssey expands on the Garden-in-a-box approach to design and uses it to build upon the objective-based approach to level design from Super Mario 64 by filling each space with multiple objectives hidden both along the main path and off the beaten path.
>>
>>380587968
> The Odyssey development team has taken further inspiration from the Hakoniwa tradition
just call it for what it is instead covering it up with weeb words: a collecthathon
>>
>>380587968
>inspiration from the Hakoniwa tradition and applied intricacy of design and many layers of texture and depth to the game’s diverse landscapes
Nice
>>
Everything I see and hear about Mario Odyssey so far sound great.
Might be the best Mario we have had in a long time.

Miyamoto taking a backseat seems to really pay off.
>>
I hope that boxart is somehow a placeholder or a WIP. Pasting screenshots over an official render really looks tacky.
>>
>>380588712
It's a game about travel. That's a collection of vacation photos.
>>
File: 88de7870de7475909a6e24e1a6bc0b5e.jpg (267KB, 1280x696px) Image search: [Google]
88de7870de7475909a6e24e1a6bc0b5e.jpg
267KB, 1280x696px
>>380587968
Sounds great
>>
>>380589046
I know, but they could very well use high quality level renders for the photos instead of raw screenshots. It's a "once you see it" kinda situation I guess.

The fact that it still looks alright under those circumstances speaks volumes about the game's art direction
>>
>>380589329
That's what we come to expect from Nintendo. A different kind of graphical technicality, rather than what Far Cry, TLoU, or what Unchated does
>>
>>380588712
It's fucking perfect, it's like a postcard
>>
I got some Banjo vibes from the daytime New Donk City and part of the Forest area. There's also some legit platforming in Tostarena. It's an interesting duality. I think I'm gonna love this game, I'm going media-blind for the time being.
>>
>>380589985
this. It's perfect for the game
>>
What is those are the only main worlds?
>>
>>380593636
Speak english
>>
>>380588568
it's reassuring in a way.
>>
>>380593695
I olny fckeud up one lteter, you kenw waht I maent.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.