[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you go from this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: arx fatalis.jpg (214KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
arx fatalis.jpg
214KB, 600x853px
How the fuck do you go from this
>>
To this?

What the fuck happened to Arkane?
>>
I doubt they're going to revisit the Arx Fatalis setting. Dishonored's a good setting, wish the second game didn't have so many technical issues.
>>
>>380586531
>>380586628
They went from making a shitty Ultima Underworld knockoff to making a shitty Thief knockoff to making a shitty System Shock knockoff, it's what they do.
>>
>>380586852
wew
>>
>>380586531
Did you purposefully skip Dark Messiah?
>>
>>380586852

Do you know who Arkane is? They are the original developers of all the games you said they are ripping off.
>>
buggy mess to this
>>
>>380587015
Some of the devs, not all you clod.
>>
buggy mess to that
>>
File: catshark.gif (888KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
catshark.gif
888KB, 220x220px
>>380586531
What are some games with underground settings/worlds?

I loved Arx Fatalis' setting more than any other. A bigger game with more polish with the same ideas of different creatures living in different depths is super cool.
>>
>>380587335
Underrail
>>
>>380587335
Legend of Grimrock
>>
>>380587015
>>380587151
>>380587015
Not even. They have a couple of nobodies who worked QA and and localization on a few Looking Glass games but the actual devs mostly got absorbed by Valve, Bethesda, and Microsoft.
>>
>>380586531
3 step suicide:
- Original creators/devs/etc are no more or are minority
- Slaves of Bethesda aka take it in the ass for money
- SJW tier pressure that scares the nu male when it comes to not bending their assess once more

PS: Dark Messiah was a good game. God knows how it wasn't influenced by the trinity mentioned above.
>>
>>380587335
Deep Rock Galactic

One of the few games I'm looking forward to learning more about from this years E3
>>
>>380586993
Arx Fatalis was released before Dark Messiah.
>>
>>380586531
Chronic Shekel need.
>>
>>380586531
>their games turned to shit as soon as they were acquired by Bethesda
What a coincidence!
>>
>>380587335
Underrail
Metro, not an RPG though
Underworld Ascendant, can't vouch for quality is miles away from release
Ultima Underworld, it's the game that Arx Fatalis is a spiritual successor to
Dark Messiah Might and Magic started life as Arx Fatalis 2

That's about it.
>>
>>380589185
That's okay, I half expected a new Arx game would be announced at E3, I was really dreading how cucked and simple it would be, the original Arx really had something, but it was something that literally no-one else could see, and I just don't get how others couldn't see what I could see, some day, I will finish it and you will all see what I could see in Arx Fatalis.
>>
So they went from a great game to a great game?
>>
>>380590805

This.
>>
>>380587151
>clod

we get it, you watch steven universe
>>
>>380586993
>>380588425
Never played Arx Fatalis, but Dark Messiah was a shit game.

>floaty melee combat
>linear as fuck
>choppy framerate even on PC
>too short
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.