[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOTY THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: 3max.jpg (66KB, 497x618px) Image search: [Google]
3max.jpg
66KB, 497x618px
What are the best games of 2017, games that have truly changed the gaming landscape?
pic not related
>>
>>380582626
I'm interested in this game. Greenpill me on that one /v/
>>
File: 04_cs1w1_400x.jpg (82KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
04_cs1w1_400x.jpg
82KB, 400x224px
>>380582626
>What are the best games of 2017

Pic related

>games that have truly changed the gaming landscape?

Pic not related
>>
File: 1485895154855.jpg (951KB, 2340x1903px) Image search: [Google]
1485895154855.jpg
951KB, 2340x1903px
Not even a Nintenchild
>>
>>380582729
I am the same and still have no idea whenever I should buy it or not (its on discount on dutch psn right now)
Because while I am always hearing good things about it everyone just says that "its fun" but can't even explain why.
>>
>>380582626
>pic not related

Is there any other 3d game that lets you manipulate gravity?
>>
>>380583859
>>380582729

Just try the demo, but remember that is an old build that runs at like 20-25 fps.
The game is really unique both in style and gameplay, with likeable characters and a nice superhero-origins kind of story, but the combat system is quite barebones (in GR you just spam gravity kick, in GR2 you spam stasis field, which is OP even if it's a bit more balanced) and GR2 have a couple of questionable design choices (there are some pretty bad forced stealth missions and one of the main missions have horrible problems with the camera).
On the other hand, the movement system is fantastic and the OST is amazing, just going around the map is fun.

tl;dr If you don't mind a bit of repetition in the battle system and enjoy atmosphere, characters and world building these are your games.
>>
File: YoRHa_Commander.png (227KB, 310x566px) Image search: [Google]
YoRHa_Commander.png
227KB, 310x566px
For me it's Nier. Still playing it now on harder difficulties.

Yakuza Zerro, P5, and GR2 are close.
>>
>>380585478

Oh forgot to add BOTW and Tales
>>
Breath of the Wild's influence will still be felt years from now. Whether other developers understand what made it so good and actually learn from that is another question. It's more likely they'll pick up obvious elements and copy them in the most shallow way possible.

>>380585478
It's a cool game, but what did it do well that would influence other devs?

Everything it did well was stuff we'd seen in the original Nier or MGS, and the core Platinum elements don't hold up in the same way as Bayo or Vanquish.
>>
File: HorizonZeroDawn.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HorizonZeroDawn.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>380582626
Horizon: Zero Dawn
>>
File: C_F5Jp2XcAAxeQi.jpg (322KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C_F5Jp2XcAAxeQi.jpg
322KB, 1920x1080px
>>380583859
The series is an open world mission-based game like GTA, Infamous etc. The primary concept is that you have gravity powers which in practice means you can move in any direction at will at any time, as well as stand on walls or ceilings like they're floors.

Personally it's one of my all time favourite games so take what I say with some caution, but I love it because

- The gravity powers make the game feel extremely free. Few games give me a sense of free movement in proper 3D space as Gravity Rush does. It's very satisfying just to move around using the powers, especially in the second game.
- The world is really unique in terms of concept, Hekseville is a city built onto a limited amount of land stuck on the side of a giant pillar in the sky, so the architecture and city layout is very vertical and multi-layered, which I love.
- The story is entertaining in its mysteriousness and likable characters, though your mileage will vary with this since some people aren't fans of how it's a bit fast and loose with some concepts. I love the tone of the story/setting though.
- The music is FANTASTIC. Composed by Kohei Tanaka, if you've ever watched Gunbuster or Diebuster you know he's fucking amazing, if not, just listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lmVg-EXmfI

The first game was a new IP that had a fantastic core but was rough around the edges and needed some fleshing out. The second game was exactly the sequel it needed and lived up to all my personal expectations.

Again, I LOVE the game, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Also, important note, do NOT jump straight to 2. 2 directly continues from the first games story. Please play both.
>>
File: 1496088917829.jpg (61KB, 530x587px) Image search: [Google]
1496088917829.jpg
61KB, 530x587px
>>380586045
Nice joke.
>>
>>380586727
goddamn the mining music in this game was fucking amazing
>>
>>380582626
the year isn't even fucking over
>>
File: C28jk37XEAAzALV.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C28jk37XEAAzALV.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
>>380587496
I can not express enough how much I love the OST of both games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIxtj27XXsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mejigdzgWDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLyEGWRHvFw

If you're interested in more by the same composer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBS5HgH5AVU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgEr07Sq6s
>>
>>380585959
Who cares. Deadly Premonition was my GOTY of that year and that didn't innovate or influence anything
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.