[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8359.jpg (26KB, 530x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8359.jpg
26KB, 530x278px
What went wrong?
>>
File: Compilation_of_FF7_logo.jpg (71KB, 488x318px) Image search: [Google]
Compilation_of_FF7_logo.jpg
71KB, 488x318px
>>380581378
Wrong pic ?
>>
File: aja.jpg (124KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
aja.jpg
124KB, 500x472px
No Asuka. Ruined the game for me. Actually, the whole thing wasn't even Evangelion now that I think about it.
>>
>>380581378

Difficulty. Everything else didn't go wrong as such and most went right.
>>
VIfags
>>
it was too good, nothing like it ever again
>>
>>380581378
This guy are sick.
>>
It became TOO popular, I'm serious. The backlash from having it be too popular was obnoxious short-lived fanboys caused pretty much a lifetime of resentment.

To this day FFVI/FFIX fags has been the circlefags option of choice, no one says those were massively overrated despite them being the circlejerk since middle 2000's, despite VII dwarfing them in almost everything.

I want to know how OoT escaped the resentment backlash, that game isn't even the best n64 Zelda game let alone other consoles.
>>
>>380581378
Seinfeld isn't funny.
>>
Shinra was more interesting than Sephiroth.
>>
VIII was better
>>
The racism
>>
>>380585636
VII had huge amounts of money and marketing backing it which gave it bigger sales and a much higher profile. Also I think Zelda games have a connection to one another whereas FF are new stories and characters each time which causes favouritism leading to resentment towards VII from fans of other entries in the series due to its success.
>>
>>380585826
Shinra's story did get a decent service though. There was just the right amount of back story and just the right amount of present day stuff that was covered in the game. People didn't need to have a whole game centered around 'monolithic soulless corporation destroying the whole world to feed the greed' it had plenty of that right from the beginning.

It was even handled very tastefully. Immediately you are part of a terrorist cell that is damaging the livelihoods and futures of the entire world. By the end of the game you realise that Shinra served its purpose however as a vessel to deliver the world in to a state of stagnation strong enough that nearly every town outside midgar and the cannon city were poised for rebellion. People weren't even really worried about Midgar even bugenhagen more or less just dismissively doesn't care and is more worried about the creeping cancer building in the north than he is about midgar draining the planet of energy.
>>
>>380581378
the fans
>>
Literally nothing
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.