[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you going to play it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: secret.jpg (127KB, 616x206px) Image search: [Google]
secret.jpg
127KB, 616x206px
Are you going to play it?
>>
Pitch it to me as if your life depended on selling it.
>>
>>380574834
MMO where you play as a member of a secret society and all myths and legends are actually true

The greatest selling point it has are by far the investigation missions, which require actual investigative work both in-game and using the built in web browser.
>>
>>380575125

Huh, consider me intrigued. You haven't made a sale today, but you've raised a customer's interest and that's something.

I'll go YouTube it and see what comes up. Thanks for the info.
>>
Is this different from The Secret World? I remember playing that ages ago, had some really neat quests but the combat was utter trash
>>
I'm in the beta. It's still the same shit but more casualized.
>>
>>380574736

I watched Ross's video about TSW, the story looked nice. What is different now?
>>
>>380575352
Re-release with combat and progression revamped. Don't expect the moon. I'm only interested because all the DLC from the original is going to be free.
>>
>>380575474
Do I have to buy it again? If not I might check it out
>>
>>380575447
I'm in the beta too, and I feel like the combat feels much better. The weapon gimmicks are great.
>>
>clicker WoW-clone turns into spammer Diablo-clone

I'm not sure how the devs thought this would be an improvement, but it's not.
>>
>>380575576
Combat feels better but very restrictive coming from the freeform builds of the original.
>>
>>380575562
It's free with optional monthly subscription.
>>
Funcom should just drop everything else they're making and make Anarchy Online look more modern
>>
>>380575474
>combat revamped

It's still shit, though.
Game is still relatively ugly.

Fuck off at least remake Anarchy Online, funcom
>>
>>380575651
It is a mechanical improvement. You don't spam builders to use spenders anymore aka not everything plays like the rogue from WoW.
>>
>>380575691
True, but to be fair, you can eventually unlock everything (though I imagine that takes quite some time).

Still not the 200+ abilities that the ability wheel had, I guess. We can only hope they add abilities going forward along with other content.
>>
>>380575759

While streamlining the builder system wasn't inherently the worst idea in the world, how insanely spammy everything is now kinda' was.

What at least felt rewarding in the original, now feels as if I'm emptying a machine gun of skills into enemies that don't seem to mind much.
>>
>>380576018
>Feels as if I'm emptying a machine gun of skills into enemies that don't seem to mind much

But enemies die much faster now. What took building up to five resources and using your damaging spender now goes down in a few basic attacks and an ability or two.

Hell, it doesn't take long at all to begin mowing down groups with a few uses of multi-target abilities.
>>
I really hope they make character creation better, but from what I've been hearing it's exactly the same: 1 or 2 acceptable faces and then a whole bunch of mongoloid skulls.
>>
File: 11093[1].jpg (50KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
11093[1].jpg
50KB, 700x400px
>>380574736
I may. Does it have controller support?
>>
>>380576176

You're right in the sense that enemies go down faster, but it's not like they respond any better to the pain then they used to, and that was kinda' my point.

Nothing feels like it has any impact, and even less so now that everything dies so fast.

At least when there was a slow-building tabtarget system it really felt like that finisher actually had some impact.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a traditionalist but I don't like it, and I'm probably gonna' quit playing over this.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (34KB, 1282x723px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
34KB, 1282x723px
>>380576578
I don't know, maybe I chose the right weapon but the shotgun abilities feel plenty impactful.
>>
>>380574736
Nah. I bought it once to try it and returned it before the 2 hour limit, it was one of the worst MMOs I've ever played.
>>
Heck yeah I'm going to play it. I hope I get goodies with my existing TSW massive editions so I feel superior to the F2P newbies

>>380574834
It's basically the closest thing to a VtMB MMO
>>
>>380576771
Shotgun is great. The reloading gimmick gives it a shit ton of flexibility.
>>
>>380574736
>Get into beta
>Cant even play past intro regardless of loving the game before

Gaem is ded
>>
Did they make the firearms more mundane? I hated all the anima infused magic attacks they had in TSW.

If you're giving me a gun, just let me shoot it nigga. I don't need no harry potter shit on top.
>>
>>380574736
nah i don´t buy games made by sjws
>>
File: 1494202611782.jpg (109KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494202611782.jpg
109KB, 900x900px
>>380578730
go back to your containment board, turboautist
>>
File: 1356968239699.jpg (198KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
1356968239699.jpg
198KB, 650x800px
>>380578730
It's going to be free though.

I'll play it. I just hope that my shit from end of the world event will transfer. They'll probably won't repeat that one. I't won't be the same without my pet Ak'ab.
>>
No, because there won't be a linux port.
>>
I'm have been in the last two betas. There need to be big changes or it will be a p2w unplayable mess if you don't pay.

Even monthly subscribers will be screwed in some cases.

It's completely focused on grabbing your cash in every step of the game and trying to force you for everything.

The original game is good, the story is good, the missions are great, the new combat is fine. The monetization and all around it is atrocious and completely unavoidable as for the current state of the beta.
>>
>>380580937
Wait what, p2w? The only thing you can get with real money is cosmetics and AP/SP

Unlocking new weapons, refilling potions and anima reserves all uses in-game currency that you get by playing the game.

AP/SP gain is quick enough that anyone not paying for it isn't massively gimped, and I think PvP is normalized in any case.
>>
>>380581350
>>>380580937 (You)
>Wait what, p2w? The only thing you can get with real money is cosmetics and AP/SP
And MoF the only real currency in the game, and cache keys, etc
>Unlocking new weapons, refilling potions and anima reserves all uses in-game currency that you get by playing the game.
With a max cap of 9500 a day and costs scaling with each buy. With also space in inventory being heavily limited without paying. And trading and cabal bank blocked if you don't sub.
>AP/SP gain is quick enough that anyone not paying for it isn't massively gimped, and I think PvP is normalized in any case.
Until you reach 50 with 2 pages of actives and maybe 1 of passives. Then you gain them at an slower rate, with passives having stats boosts and being able to spend ap to also boost your stats.
Sounds like p2w to me.
>>
>>380581734
Does it really matter if someone can pay for power in PvE, though? You are allowed to choose who to play group content with, so you can just disregard whales if you want to.
>>
>>380575726
>remake Anarchy Online
Isn't the new engine still coming soon™ and will fix everything!
>>
>>380574736
I wanted to play the closed beta, but the new launcher fucks up every time. So no.
>>
>>380581946
I have more problems with walling so many things after a caped currency, and blocking trade for non subs.
>>
>>380582368
I do agree that the mark costs for things are pretty high for how many you can gain per day, and indeed pretty much everyone does. But these are just numbers that are easy to tweak.

Funcom clearly wants the game to succeed, so they would be fools to not listen to player feedback regarding this.
>>
>>380582542
Weapons used to cost 60k marks to unlock, so there's precedent for lowering mark costs, too.
>>
>>380582542
>they would be fools to not listen to player feedback
You mentioned it's Funcom, it's definite that they are fools.
>>
>>380582542
I will play it either way, but I want my freebie friends to play with me
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.