[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1437645509985.jpg (865KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437645509985.jpg
865KB, 1400x1000px
What's the general consensus on this game?
It's the only game from the Prime franchise I haven't played, but with the recent announcement of a fourth title, I have been thinking about getting the game just to be prepared.

How does it compare to the previous entries of the series?
>>
I really liked it. It's a bit more linear compared to the other Prime games.

Many consider it to be the worst (barring Hunters) Prime game, but that still means that it is a really good game.
>>
Linear, casualized, westernized, cutscene filled trash with wagglan controls to boot. Skip this game if you have any respect for previous Metroids' legacies.
>>
Not as good as the previous two in my opinion, but still great, and a must-play if you loved the Prime games or Metroid in general. It has voice acting (though not from Samus) and more dialogue than needed, it felt easier overall, and there's one part I can recall that felt more like a typical FPS, but 80-90% of the game has the atmosphere and exploration that I love about the series.
>>
>>380571414
>wagglan controls to boot

The controls were the best thing about the game though.
>>
I liked Prime 2 better.
>>
I thought it was good. It's linear enough to the point that calling it a "Halo clone" actually has some semblance of an argument, but aside from grappling mechanics, it's still a fun action game. There's not really a whole lot of exploration in it at all though, so purists will generally flood in to shit on it.
>>
It was great but was the weakest of the trilogy
1>2>3
>>
>>380571469
This. I never got around to playing/buying Metroid when I had my gamecube so I bought the Trilogy Wii Steelbook. The experience was stellar.
>>
>>380571207
It's great.

I would rank it better than two but worse than one.

It's the most "Halo-feeling" game in the series. Features voice acting (which I hope they will continue in 4) and a lot of epic moments.

Really good game overall IMO. I'm really hoping Nintendo is working on a Metroid Prime Trilogy re-make for Switch.
>>
>>380571207
A bit more linear than the previous entries, but the game is great
Great combat, graphics, music, bosses, etc
>>
>>380571207
1st was pipes and caves, 2nd sand and dark world. The 3rd game gives you half-life opening. The games got better with each release.
>>
>>380571207
Must play if you liked the previous titles. Has some of the best environments in the series and it's a lot more engaging story-wise than the previous two games.

I loved it.
>>
>>380571806
>Metroid Prime Trilogy re-make for Switch
There's no way this isn't happening now.

I'm going to guess the Trilogy will release next year and 4 will release in 2019.
>>
File: 1401086005546.png (2MB, 1563x2534px) Image search: [Google]
1401086005546.png
2MB, 1563x2534px
>>
File: 1433319743285.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1433319743285.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>tfw reading the history logs on Bryyo and Elysia
>>
File: angry_dojima.jpg (33KB, 360x205px) Image search: [Google]
angry_dojima.jpg
33KB, 360x205px
where the fuck do I fucking find a Metroid Prime ISO? Nintendo shoot em all down
>>
>>380572767
Emuparadi-
>>
>>380572767
>>380505742
There is a link in there that worked fine for me yesterday.
>>
>>380573541
fucking fuck I found it yes thank you
>>380518246
>>
>>380571414

But westernizing Metroid was the best thing to happen to it.
>>
>>380574027
You're welcome.
Delete this
>>
It's fun, but worse than Prime 1 and 2 in every way.
>>
>>380571207
It's alright.
Not as spectacular as one or two but not a bad game by any means
>>
Imho it's 1>3>2

Prime 1 was by far one of the most atmospheric and immersive games I've played and is one of the few games I've been bothered to 100% complete it. The optional lore, the different enviorments and their backstory, the gameplay and tension leading up to combat, the rising fear of what the fuck you're about to face in the crater after you go through the hell-hole that was the Phazon Mines is something that I can only wish I could go through the first time again.

2 tried hard to be like 1 and in a lot of areas succeeded but in a lot of others failed drastically. Dark Samus, while being a great opponent and boss, wasn't really as dark and foreboding as the Crater on Talon was, not only that a lot of things and story elements are given to you right off the bat and even worst some key points are given to you via dialogue instead of showing it to you and letting you experience it, wrap that all up with the fact that lot of the areas were more like fucking mazes than actual environments and you end up getting something significantly less than what I expected from Prime 2.

Prime 3 was different than Prime 1 and 2 because it's noticeably more linear and story-heavy than the previous ones but despite this, it actually ends up revelling in it's own linearity by giving it the "you can choose what world you want to do first" type of fiasco and while a lot of things about the game is given to you up-front, the real enjoyment from the game is exploring the worlds and the lore and story behind them as you go through their ruins and structures. While the pathing maybe different than Prime 1 and 2, the experience and immersion is as good as Prime 1 because unlike Prime 2 where a lot of things are revealed outright and early in the game, Prime 3 gives you the end-goal and the tasks to get there and then sets you off to explore things as they are.

But that's just my bit of autism.
Oh yea, and fuck Phendrana Drift's jumpscare pirates.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.