[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the Super Star Saga remake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: superstarsaga.jpg (24KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
superstarsaga.jpg
24KB, 235x215px
What do you think about the Super Star Saga remake?
>>
No 3D no buy
>>
this exists?
>>
I think it'll be nice to go back to before bro items, and hopefully remind the team creating the next obligatory Mario & Luigi game we don't need 40 second minigames to do 1 attack.
>>
>>380571106
Yes. It was also leaked well before it was officially announced.
>>
Wonder if they'll use the 2nd screen for anything besides stats/journal. I know later games used it for super gimmicky Bros moves and shit
>>
>>380570919
Hyped as fuck to replay one of my favorite games.
>>
>>380570919
The 3Ds games' art styles always bugged me, although they're keeping all the original animations so w/e.
Besides that, I'm looking forward to it. It looks like they're keeping a lot of the original game intact and Bowser's Minions seems like a neat mini game that isn't forced or intrusive to the main game.
>>
>QoL improvements like tutorial skipping carried over from PJ carried over
>new Bowser minigame is good enough to have been standalone
>new environments look gorgeous
>/v/ cries about 'muh outlines' but it still looks good and AD made new sprites for the Bros. again (from idle to attacks)
>no changes to original story
>redone music
Bretty gud.
>>
>>380570989
fpwp
>>
>>380571332
I don't see what they'd use it for besides MAYBE some two-screen cutscenes. All the gameplay aspects so far seem to stay true to the original by staying in the top screen (besides the obvious new gamemode).
>>
>>380571332
It's only really used in Bowser's Minions.
>>
I never actually beat the original so I'll be getting this CIA
>>
>>380571408
>tutorial skipping
Except like two hours of the game are tutorial
>>
File: large[2].jpg (176KB, 2008x561px) Image search: [Google]
large[2].jpg
176KB, 2008x561px
>>380571408
It's shit m8
>>
I really hope they re-balance the game or at least include a hard mode. Bros. Moves were way better than the special attacks featured in later games but they were also too powerful. Chopper Bros. annihilated everything.
>>
>>380570919
pretty good except the fact that it isn't on switch
>>
>>380571645
If you want the game to be harder just dump every single level up into luck
>>
File: 1472209493823.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472209493823.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>380570919
Looks fun, day 1 pirate.
>>
File: 1486434707803.png (34KB, 196x197px) Image search: [Google]
1486434707803.png
34KB, 196x197px
>>380570919
This is going to be awesome but I'm concerned about some things:
1) In the trailer it was shown how some bros. move dealt around 770 damage. In the original game you could barely deal 100 damage in the endgame with a single strike meaning that the whole game didn't have that much of a power creep. The original game also did allow some kind of free-roaming with numerous places that you weren't yet supposed to visit with foes stronger than usual. But since the power creep was non-existant you could do pretty well there. The big damage numbers makes me think that this might not be possible in the remake either due to having no chance to fight against higher-tier foes or if they decide to make the whole game more linear.

2) If they make the game more linear many side-areas and small optional caves might be cut from the game which would be a great shame since those were very fun to do and encouraged exploration.

3) Hopefully the attack moves and bros. moves will stay the same. My biggest gripe with the series is that over time special moves in combat became so complicated and elaborate that they began taking too much time. While in Superstar Saga a random encounter took no more than 30-40 seconds to complete or even faster (considering the player is properly decked) in newer games some special moves take a good of 20-30 seconds to do. This breaks the games' pace immensely and especially frustrates after you've done the moves enough times for the initial fun factor to subside.

4) The game's probably going to feature easy mode which would allow bad players to still beat the game. I know it's not mandatory to turn it on but it's just a personal peeve of mine that I like when games do not give players an easy way out and expect them to learn how to beat it.
>>
>>380571662
this
>tfw will finally need to buy a 3ds to play this shit
>>
>>380571640
Only thing I prefer in the original is the crazy faces the older sprites allowed
>>
File: 1486534024803.png (48KB, 646x624px) Image search: [Google]
1486534024803.png
48KB, 646x624px
>>380571640
Pixelated sprites > Prerendered 3D model sprites for sure

But we won't be seeing those ever from ninty in their games ever. Sucks but gotta cope with it.
>>
>Remake
Original is perfectly fine, would rather have just had a sequel.
>>
File: 1495065704619.jpg (854KB, 1200x1760px) Image search: [Google]
1495065704619.jpg
854KB, 1200x1760px
Looking forward to pirating it.
>>
I'm fucking hype beyond belief. The first M+L game was always the best imo. I'm hype as hell to see actual bro attacks again, but this time in the new engine. Hopefully the they realize that bro items are trash and they bring back the creativity of real bro attacks for the next M+L game.

By the way, how was the Paper Jam? I stopped playing Dream Team like 3/4 of the way through and didn't buy Paper Jam because after my hype went down, it looked kinda like it brought the new Paper Mario garbage to the M+L series. Was I right? Were the bro item attacks at least cool looking?
>>
>>380570919
I don't like the Dream Team like sprites. If they kept it like the original/BiS-like it would have been better. I hope the bro attacks gets rebalanced, too.
>>
Sad they don't seem to be making the changes I was hoping for but it looks nice
>>
>>380571960
The modern M&L sprites aren't pre-rendered though, they're still pixel art, just much higher objective quality
>>
>>380572067
fag
>>
>>380572067
>Was I right?
Kinda. Somewhat. The plot does more or less revolve around getting the Paper Mario characters back to their home.

>Were the bro item attacks at least cool looking?
They were pretty cool yeah. The best part is no gyro for them this time around.

Paper jam is decent although it's gameplay carries it more then any other M&L game.
>>
File: zerohood.png (2MB, 1326x1500px) Image search: [Google]
zerohood.png
2MB, 1326x1500px
>>380572329
>objective
As if. They look goddamn soapy.
>>
File: bigcatcoffee.jpg (43KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
bigcatcoffee.jpg
43KB, 500x374px
Hope they add the cut cameos back in
https://tcrf.net/Mario_%26_Luigi:_Superstar_Saga#Starbeans_Cameos
>>
>>380570919
Better not fuck up the music, I gotta groove to that shit you know
>>
>>380570919
Looks about as bland as the latest M&L games, visually, but hopefully this will give them a chance to fix their storytelling, gameplay, and writing and make some of these characters more relevant.
>>
>>380570919
FAWFUL IN SMASH BROS WHEN
>>
>>380572329
They can be ""objective"" top tier quality but it doesn't matter if they look like washed out shit
>>
>>380572557
I see. I might pick it up eventually and probably beat Dream Team.

>>380572546
faggot
>>
>>380571762
why do piratefags do this in every thread?

My 3DS has CFW too but I dont go into every thread pretending I'm a special snowflake
>>
>>380572595
That's probably because they aren't displayed natively due to the 3D environments and odd perspectives

If you just like the old style with the outlines, more poppy colors, and flatter shading more, that's fine, I do too, but the shading and actual animation is much more thorough in the 3DS titles
>>
>>380571640
>replaced the unique take on Mushroom Kingdom Castle imagery with more generic visuals
>expressions aren't nearly as cartoony or expressive
Called it.
>>
It's nice and much needed to remind everyone that this series is actually good. Especially after the desaster that Paper Jam was.
>>
>>380572846
They do it for attention, which you just gave him.
>>
>>380572908
>If you just like the old style with the outlines, more poppy colors, and flatter shading more
Ex-fucking-actly.

>and actual animation is much more thorough in the 3DS titles
Now this I can agree with. But still I liked more "choppy" GBA-DS animations. Made them somehow more distinct but that may as well just be me.
>>
>>380573023
Oh.

Well I love giving (You)'s so enjoy one yourself
>>
File: Fawful Sm4sh mod.jpg (209KB, 1113x610px) Image search: [Google]
Fawful Sm4sh mod.jpg
209KB, 1113x610px
>>380572703
fucking this
>>
>tfw probably just going to replay my old GBA copy but enjoy the remastered soundtrack
It's win/win since the new art looks too sterile for my tastes and I'm a huge nostalgiafag.
>>380573136
This mod is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>380570919
I love how vibrant the areas are and that Bowser's Minions side game looks pretty extensive. If they add a hard mode and maybe an extra boss this could become the GOAT M&L game again
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.