[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo 4 Now Hiring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: d4.png (355KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
d4.png
355KB, 800x467px
How will they fuck it up this time?
>>
Aslong as they dont have any white cis heteronormative able bodied men the game will be fine
>>
>>380567287
MMO
>>
>>380567287
They just gonna double it, no triple it this time!
>>
>>380567287
SJW agenda style
>>
Stronk independent Nephalim (female) hotdropped into literal Israel defending its borders from the demons (Shia Islam).
>>
File: GGyY8.webm (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
GGyY8.webm
1MB, 720x480px
Millennials will ruin it just like they ruined the new Mass Effect game with SJW bullshit.
>>
>>380567582
So like Lost Ark/Lineage Eternal?
>>
>>380567835
But with WoW artstyle
>>
>>380567287
I'm sure they'll find someone else to go "Fuck Diablo / Fuck David Brevik" again, only to end up being the biggest shitshow in that industry that doesn't wake up everyday as Anthony Burch
>>
I hope the story is as good as Diablo 3's
>>
File: 1534736246.png (39KB, 128x119px) Image search: [Google]
1534736246.png
39KB, 128x119px
>>380567287
Phone game
>>
>>380568048
They want someone with "At least 5 years shipping multiple AAA titles", so they'll end up being Burch-tier for sure.
>>
File: d4.png (69KB, 855x749px) Image search: [Google]
d4.png
69KB, 855x749px
>>380568681
At least 5 years directing video games. Not that there's so many ways to ask for experience.
>>
I never understood these company ads for high level or senior positions.

You'd think they'd already have enough contacts in the industry to fill those positions.

I really doubt that someone with 10+ years doing AAA titles is looking through ads for employment.
>>
>>380568681
>>380568974
it's gonna be shit.

If they started on D4 by the end of year it will be 2023 release date.
>>
>>380568112
I played Story Mode on every class and can't begin to tell you what the fuck happened aside from Diablo being a grill and invading heaven.
The Doom reboot had deeper protagonists.
>>
>>380567287
>Unannounced project

>ITS DIABLO GUISE LOL
>>
>>380569194
It says the diablo IP
>>
>>380569194
Please go easy on NeoBlizz. They have an impossible legacy to follow.
For example: Not hiring retards in HR.
>>
>>380569143
The fact the senior game producer must have a passion for Diablo III is sure to trigger some people around here.
>>
>>380569152
Crusader is bro tho.
>>
File: d4.png (125KB, 850x1050px) Image search: [Google]
d4.png
125KB, 850x1050px
>>380569332
Forgot pic.
>>
>>380569152
Don't forget Tyrone.
>>
>MMO but removed all social aspects
>Action RPG but without the fun
>no trading
I can see the future
>>
File: 1415683340615.png (14KB, 399x391px) Image search: [Google]
1415683340615.png
14KB, 399x391px
>>380569423
Blizzard is so shit at job descriptions.
Any associate+producer in the industry worth their fucking salt can handle that entire list.
Shit, some QA leads can.

They need to be honest about their criteria like Amazon recruiting.

>Must have 10 more years xp than you (or anyone else has)
>Relevant PhD or above to actually get your resume read
>Write clean C++ while juggling flaming bears and defeating ISIS or no callback

Better for the company and the applicant. The "but their 15 years experience as a janitor on a Nigerian Lizard Oil Peddler Message Board counts as a potential fill because they also REALLY love Diablo III!" is a crock of absolute shite.
>>
>>380567287
they have been hiring for "unannounced diablo game" for literally years.
>>
>>380569985
Still fun to speculate about the features of an hypothetical Diablo game.
>>
>>380567287
Surprise, diablo tower defense/card game!!!1
>>
>>380567287
Why don't they just get the original guy back to make D4?

If they look for someone new now it's probably going to be some feminazi sjw cuck and D4s protag will be a proud strong black woman who fights the evil white devil
>>
>>380570150
Because they fired him, and he hasn't made a good game since.
>>
>>380570150
Original guy works with GGG afaik.
>>
>>380570236
>>380570150
He is/was working with them as a consultant, but he could probably get picked up proper by a company if he really wanted? Assuming his contract as a consultant didn't prevent anything.

But by his own words, it wasn't just him that made the original games good, it was more of a team thing. So I can only imagine he'd end up leaving the project early or something as whatever management nonsense is in charge of blizzard gets in the way.
>>
>>380570150
if you mean jay wilson he was "fired" to the wow team and then left a year ago.

if you mean blizz north they are long since scattered to to the winds after the disaster that was hellgate. bill roper is at disney, brevik is "advisor" to the chinese branch of PoE, shaefer bros are at runic working on some other game called hob.
>>
>>380569089
why not make it anyway even if you did ? You still need to flesh out a person's job title, role, and get it as an approved hire. Plus this way it is in writing and if the person bails you have other candidates.
>>
Alright /v/, design a Diablo 4 MMO with those restrictions:
Set bonuses must be a thing
Class progression is open ended. Change your skills at a moments notice.
Graphic style must be colorful.
>>
>>380569853
no its actual a proper job description.

the requirements are just that, the bare requirements.
the pluses are valid leg up on the competition.
and considering they actually have a humane posting they probably will consider other things you can bring to the table on a personal level.
>>
>>380569089
they make public ads because recruitment services/headhunters can't fill the position for them. also after d3 i doubt anyone with major experience would go near diablo, they want to get on either the wow, hearthstone, or overwatch gravy train or maybe settle for starcraft as a last resort. as sad as it is diablo is back burner ip for blizzard and it really fucking shows.
>>
>>380567287
crates
>>
>>380571016
Nobody's getting hired with those requirements. The final hire will be a senior staffer from Runic/Gazillion/GGG with 20 years experience on ARPGs and a PhD in Gender Studies.
It's misleading and a waste of time for everyone involved. You'll probably find the same basic qualifications copy pasted from their junior roles. I know I've seen them do it before.
>>
>>380567287
They will merge it with moba features, you know this is true. There two most successful types of games right now are shooters and mobas, RPGs have been completely absorbed into the market and now permeate all games.

Diablo is an ARPG and to be honest D3 isn't that bad, its main issues are the uninspired loot system and a lack of endgame content outside of an infinite grind. PoE is hailed as a far superior ARPG by the vast majority of that community but the only difference aside from a re-skin is slight quality of life changes and balancing.

ARPG is an unpopular genre and if you don't want to abandon your ARPG title you need to merge a popular system with it but you can't lose the isometric layout without disenfranchising your core demographic so shooters are out which leaves MOBA.

Expect to see D3 but with the areas being treated like an open arena with a cohesive objective throughout, the semi random events will be how you access the arenas unique buffs and mercs. This will allow for diablo's signature randomization while allowing for a cohesive gameplay experience that adds meaning to the grind. D3 act 3 already posses these elements in the way that the story is presented to you.

The arena as a zone mechanic will be modeled in the story as a point by point retaking of the high heavens back to sanctuary, into hell and finally into a new area where the new big bad resides. This new area will likely be the void for franchise tie ins.
>>
>diablo 4
>lootboxes to buy gear if you don't want to farm
>seasonal lootboxes for special skins
>drop chance boosters
>still shitty item and skill mechanics
>still shitty atmosphere and story
>>
>>380571543
Eh, I would play it.

The only thing I really want to see is an offline mode anyway.
>>
>>380571210
>wow
>gravy train
>2017
Diablos prolly less shunned than WoW now
>>380571016
nigga that lists a game of guess who
>>
How do you Direct Production?
>>
>>380572016
Schedule Monkey
>>
So much redundancy on that list, holy shit.
>>
>How will they fuck it up this time?
By making it a Diablo game.
>>
File: 723387528907011.jpg (44KB, 479x317px) Image search: [Google]
723387528907011.jpg
44KB, 479x317px
>>380571758
>Blizzard 2012:
>Freemium and F2P social/mobile (((game)))shit is cancer. It's not REAL games!

>Blizzard 2016:
>We invented modern game monetization! How TYPICAL of social/mobileshit to copy us!
>>
>>380569152
Diablo III in short: Diablo figures out why Hell keeps losing the fight against Heaven. The Evils always end up fighting each other and ruining their chances. Diablo manipulates the evils and mortals into giving him full power over all of Hell and becoming the "Prime Evil." Marches on Heaven. Fails because he is stopped by the Mortals known as "Nephalem." Black Soulstone is retrieved with all the Evils souls trapped inside after Diablo's defeat. Council decides to bury the stone since destroying it would just release the evils. Malthael, the missing member of the Angerus Council steals the black soulstone. Uses its power to hunt down humanity considering them tainted by demon blood. Humans are the progeny of angels and demons fucking each other. Malthael is stopped by the nephalem and in his desperation, absorbs the black soulstone. His defeat frees the spirits of Evil back to hell. The Nephalem stands alone as more powerful than both Angel and Demon alike without the World Stone to subdue their power. The end.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.