[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Live Demo was at E3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6

I saw the live demo, got some info that's already out there some that might not. I'll answer questions, or go through the what I saw, or fuck off.

Side note, I think I was the only one to see the dual blades.
>>
>>380546772
How is the sling like? Is it QTE Or some kinda skillshot
>>
>>380546772
Did you see the cooking?
How is the music?
What does the announcer say when you make a well done meat?
>>
>>380546874
He only used it to jump back on the monster when it bucked him off. You can for sure aim it but it might auto aim to certain areas in some instanced like being bucked off.
>>
>>380546987
They already had they're items ready in the game. I think in the interest of time there was no cooking, they almost didn't finish the hunt in time for the demo ending.
>>
>>380546772
The game is casualised western trash that betrays everything Monster Hunter stood for.

This is not a question, just a fact.
>>
>>380547135
Speaking of time, are the hunts till limited to a certain time limit?
What's the HUD look like?
>>
>>380547201
It really looked like it played like a standard monster hunter at it's core. Just with more graphic fidelity and a lot more little changes then we're used too in a jump from one MH to the next.
>>
>>380547201
Actually it is still a question because we've barely seen gameplay. I'm not ruling out either possibility
>>
>>380546772
Is there LBG? timer? and carts? Open world or just a big map like god eater?
>>
>>380547327
The guild lady at the beginning of the mission (she was there at your camp at the start and fully voiced in english) said there "by the way you're being timed" so I assume so. The HUD look really pretty, a lot less in your face as previous titles. I think the items could be binded to the D-pad and you were able to change what was binded on the fly, not 100% on that though.
>>
>>380546772
How is the HUD handled? Does the health bar still have notches?
>>
>>380546772

What weapons got showed off? Are the crazier weapons like the Charge Blade back?
>>
>>380547772
One of them was using the heavy bow gun, no one was using light. Still get carted if you die (at least I think, the guy said "oh shit he got carted" when the one we were focusing on died but they switched the camera to another guy really fast).
Not open world but that map looked fucking HUGE, and I know there are more maps.
>>
>>380547990
They were using great sword, bow, heavy bow gun, and dual blades. Saw perspective of everyone except HBG. They confirmed all weapons will be back though.
>>
>>380547792
Is she as cute as Guild Sweetheart?
How much rule 34 potential do the guild girls have?
>>
>>380546772
How large was the playable area? Was it clearly divided up into zones, or more open? Were there many of those environmental traps like falling rocks or tangling vines around?
>>
>>380548089
how does HBG's moveset look in the new game? Is the new rapid firing a complete replacement for couching fire? Also, are there any new inputs that are lacking in previous titles such as double-tapping the unsheathe for an alternate draw attack and R+square?
>>
>>380547425
dude don't reply to anyone who says "casualized" or "cinematic" it's just angry nintenbros who think they know what MH is and can't accept that the series is actually not being held back by their shitty hardware anymore.
>>
>>380546772
Was it fun, did you think it was good?
>>
>>380547990
>>380548249
and while HBG was the only one I didn't see from the players perspective, I did get a good look at some of the shit it was doing, just not as much as the other weapons.
>>
File: 1427231799964.png (214KB, 348x482px) Image search: [Google]
1427231799964.png
214KB, 348x482px
>>380547201
whatever you say, boss
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (219KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
219KB, 1024x1024px
>>380548349
she was not as good as guild marm, no one ever be as good as her.
>>
So as someone who has been wanting to get into MonHun, what are the actual specifics behind peoples complaints about World, and how do they stack up to the gameplay demo?
>>
>>380548378
>Dude let's start a console war
You're the only cancerous tumor here. How about you discuss the game instead of starting console war shitposting? I bet you'vev never played MH in your life.
>>
>>380547990
all canon weapons are returning AKA - no Prowlers and Tonfa cancer
>>
Any classic monsters shown or it was just that ugly t-rex? was the ugly t-rex fun to fight?
>>
>>380548368
Seemed really fucking big when they opened the map. It's open but still labeled in zones for communication. They show off a good number but I think they were trying to use every single one they cam across to show em off.
>>
>>380548369
The way he talked about it made it seemed it was a specific mode or ammo, not sure. It did have an ammo called black powder that left a little sort firework in the monster then exploded, plus a high damaging wyvern fire shot that kind looked like the gunlance. Apologize if those were in old games, I've never touched the HBG.
>>
>>380548378
They're mad because they're cynical and unstrustworthy, just how some people are. I have to make an attempt to quell his fears, even if it's yelling at a brick wall.
>>
>>380548396
I'm hyped as fuck, but I've wanted a wild new engine for MH for a long fucking time. Looked real fuckin fun to me.
>>
>>380548623
That it'll be easier and casualized because of the new shit. MH always add new shit but never this much at once. Didn't look any easier but I can't say that with certainty.
>>
>>380549474
Please don't be fucking lying to be anon. All this shitposting around the game has made me depressed. I need a ray of hope.
>>
>>380548717
Rathalos showed up for a bit, they decided to tried to fight it and fainted twice so they went back to the feather rex cuz it was easier and they didn't want to end the demo in a loss (make a game you're not shit at next time losers HA). Feather rex thing didn't have any wild new mechanics I picked up on but I wasn't too focused on him, more the hunters.
>>
>>380549782
dude all the shitposting has ME, someone who saw the game and saw it looking fun thinking in the very back of my mind "but what if it somehow sucks"
>>
OP here I'll just give a synopsis of what I saw.

>Started with hunter being airdropped in on one of those flying lizards
>Guildmarm gives you the spiel of "blah blah monster here blah blah go kill blah blah you're being timed
> Walks off and finds a foot print and starts using the scout flied (green glowing shit from the trailer)
>They start to guide him to other footprints in shit
> once he had found two "major" tracks or something (carcass and a tree scratch) the scout flied leveled up.
>>
>>380549870
So the t-rex is just a spookier tetsucabra equivalent huh?, good.
>>
>>380546772
Did the dual blade moveset seem the same as normal? Did it still have demon mode? Any noticeable new moves for it?
>>
Oh yea >before the scout flies you saw those little iguanna things, he hid in a bush and distrated them with a sling shot so as to get past em
>See big Iguanna dude eat one of the herbavore dinos whole.
>If you dont fuck with big iguanna he don't fuck with you
anyway
>The leveled up scout flies now started leading you to the monster not just from track to track.
>Find him asleep in a cave
>Picked up some needle berry and the guild lady says you can use it as sling shot ammo.
>Guild lady is always saying shit during the hunt, probably cuz it's a demo or tutorial.
>>
>>380547201
>monster hunter finally comes back to PlayStation appeasing to old fans and making everyone who is on PlayStation happy as fuck
>Threads are nothing but shitposting to degrade and ruin the smiles of those who are happy just because for once it doesn't come on their Nintendo console

Very selfish people, very heartless.
>>
>>380551329
>Guild lady is always saying shit during the hunt
is it like through osme radio or just straight up talking to you with a normal voice?
>>
>>380551510
>because for once it doesn't come on their Nintendo console
Or maybe because the game is shit, dumb cuck. I know it's hard for your simple mind to understand not everything has to do with brand loyalty, but maybe try to think for once.
>>
I'll get back to every question when im done.
>hides in a brush and sling shots a wall to wake up the monster.
>slowly walks behind it and sling shots more berries at the walls to lead it outside.
>Starts the fight outside
>Using greatsword, constantly trying to land some charged heavy hits
I don't know if charged hits were part of the old GS (didn't use it) but if it was it seems like there were more charged moves.
>at one point sling shots hanging rock to fall onto the monster like in the trailer.
>>
>>380548623
Basically everyone (read: salty ninten-year-olds mad they aren't getting this OR XX) complaining about it are claiming it's being dumbed down and casualized for the west, when in reality all signs point to it being fundamentally the exact same games you're used to, but with a ton of new features and a rethinking and revamping/overhaul of existing mechanics.
>>
>>380551731
Do you come from the future?
>>
>>380551731
Shit bro you already played the game? All we got to see was some scarce trailer with little gameplay
>>
>>380551798
>He climbs on a wall jumps off it and goes for the mount.
>Some new stuff with mounting but I can't rember all of it sorry
>Still stabbing him at first but when he slams into walls it seems you gotta use the analog to get on his other side to not fall off.
>He still gets knocked off but grapple hooks back on.
>Mount now finishes with like this new QTE thingy of you digging your sword deep into the monsters back you twisting it or something (it did extra damage) and him falling like normal
>mount still ends with him on the ground letting you get hits in.
>Plot twitst, all of a sudden the big iguanna is back and hes got beef with rex now.
>If I remeber correctly rex just shits on him but iguanna gets some good hits in (not really)
>>
Also saw the demo OP, hyped as fuck. Saw LS and Bow gameplay, it seemed pretty much the same as the past ones (spirit combo and charge shot). Bow used the triggers to fire afaik.

Got real fucking impressed when they were at the very top of a tree fighting Rathalos and they broke sort of like a dam and loads of water came through, pulling the players and rath to the ground way down below for a ton of damage.

They did finish the hunt for the feather dyno (absalos or some shit), cut its tail and everything. They took down trees to use their vines as traps for the monster, worked like pitfall traps kinda. This was necessary as they were doing jackshit damage (damage numbers came up with each hit)

Seamless singleplayer to coop transition in the same hunt. You can change gear (weapons too) during a hunt by getting back to base.

All in all a step in a good direction.
>>
>>380552607
>more standar MH fighting
>hunter sees a frog on the ground and uses a prompt to kick it on its back.
>frog spits out a cloud of green smoke
>if the monster walks into that smoke it's stunned.
>pretty much a shock trap but don't know how long the smoke would've lasted.
>at one point he's fighting it and rathlos shows up
>announcer of the demo says "screw it you should fight it"
>after some fighting he's like "actually this is hard, call in your friends"
>shoots up a flare
>now we're in multiplayer baby.
>>
>>380552772
I actually like that you can see the damage you do now. It will help a lot knowing if you're using a good element or not.
>>
>>380553075
>before the other guys even get they're the GS user we're focusing on dies
>lol
>we quickly swap to the games director who's using a bow
>supposedly first time at E3 he's picked up the controls, neat.
>He gets to rathalos with the rest of the squad, who are using GS, HBG, and I forget the last.
>Bow seems like bow, s'cool.
>Director dies
>c'mon man
> Announcer says "you know what we're going back to fighting (whatever feather rex is called), we want to make sure we don't end this on a loss and we're running low on time".
>still on director, and he's back at base camp
>he switched to dual blades from the boxes there and picks up the "stead rock mantle"
>>
I've heard we will get more info on the 20th. Is this true?
>>
>>380554032
Yeah, there's gonna be livestream showcasing new stuff on Capcom's channel on youtube.
>>
>>380552772
I'm glad you can turn the number shit out, but it's good for newcomers, i just hope they don't remove blood splashes,
>>
FUCK SORRY forgot another detail form the Rathalos fight.
>So they're fighting rath on this cliff area
>two hunters break off from the fight and put two heavy barrel bombs and a one small on the wall opposite the cliff.
>it blows a dam and water starts rushing in
>all the water takes rath and the hunters down the cliff
>rath hits the ground and is stunned for hunters to get free hits.
>hunter grapples onto a vine before hitting the ground, not sure if he needed to do that or if it was just to be cool.
and back the end of feather rex fight.
>>
>>380551510
It's even worse, Nintenbros actually want this game to fail so a console MH is never made again
>>
>>380553764
>>380554421
what about the combat? does it play exactly like the previous MHs? that's the only thing I need to know.
>>
>>380554421
>Director has his new gear and fast travels to another camp on the map
>It's a big map
>They get to rex and "steady rock mantle" is an equip like the ghille suit mantle or the supposed "lure" mantle
>steady rock mantle makes its so you flinch less on getting hit.
>it eventually breaks.
>they're fighting on very uneven ground at every now and then director goes up the slope and slides down into jump attacks
>not sure if everyone can do this
>eventually he uses a SICK move on the dual blades where he jumps and starts spinning crazy fast like a fan along the monsters spine.
>He does it again in the dual blades demon modes.
>They cut the tail and the monster is weak and runs.
>I forget if they gave chase or he just ran too fast but they lost him
>The scout flies are still leveled up so they find the monster fast.
>Wake him up with 5 heavy barrel bombs
>Hit him a bit more and he's dead.

I might be forgetting some details. I've given blood and had some beers today so I'm fuzzy on every detail.
>>
File: 1495126890280.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1495126890280.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
>>380555239
>eventually he uses a SICK move on the dual blades where he jumps and starts spinning crazy fast like a fan along the monsters spine.
>>
>>380551591
No explanation, it's video game shit. Might as well be telepathy.
>>
>>380551231
The spinning fan move I mentioned bellow was fucking awesome. Rest seemed to play like what I remember dual blades playing like. tbk I mostly play glaive and gunlance, little LS too.
>tfw none of those were in my demo.
>>
>>380555239
I'm guessing this is the animation from Aerial DBs in X/XX. I wouldn't be surprised if they reworked previous styles into movesets. I mean, Aerial AED is going to be mandatory to put on base CB since there is more of a focus on expanding vertical combat
>>
>>380555159
Some new moves but yes. It looks like a real fucking MH game.
>>
>>380554557
>Le nintenbro boogeyman
Next you will be blaming them for you being a fucking failure in real life.
>>
>>380555852
welp. guess I'm getting a PS4 in 2018.
>>
>>380555314
even the people in the crowd who didn't play MH got excited at that move.
>>
>>380556089
I think it's coming to xbone at the same time and PC at later unspecified date.
>>
>>380556089
Get a PC and pirate it instead. Don't support the kikes at sony.
>>
>>380555626
I don't think the one in X takes you from the monster skull to the base of him spine in one motion.
>>
>>380556214
I know man but I'm too hype about it. I can't wait any longer to play a true new gen MH
>>
>>380553431
>It will help a lot knowing if you're using a good element or not.
Do you not check before a hunt what element is the best to use? I understand not wanting to look that shit up all the time but it's not exactly something you just guess each time unless you're okay with risking doing very sub-par damage
>>
>>380557012
>true new gen MH
>He actually thinks this
Kek, how delusional can you be?
>>
>>380555626
More or less confirmed they are borrowing from the X style movesets for this game, greatsword has the aerial style animations for its air attacks (and also the aerial GS charge too apparently)

speaking of GS charge, not too fond of the membrane/rim shader they use for the charge attack, I hope they find some other effect to use for that, or just bring back the regular one.
>>
>>380557012
well I'm near positive it's coming to xbone at the same time if you already have one. But yea I'll probably buy it once for console and again on PC.
>>
>>380557229
I get him, I check what element to use but sometimes I'm not sure if it's better too use my non elemental crit weapon or my extra elemental low base dmg weapon. It just feels nice to KNOW and not just go by some fucking chart online.
>>
Do you attack with buttons or the right analog stick? This is important.
>>
>>380557718
I mean I didn't get my hands on it but pretty sure the buttons. why would it ever be on the right analog?
>>
>>380557718
seconding this

it's actually of utmost urgency
>>
>>380557564
That sort of situation makes perfect sense. I thought the guy meant something simple like choosing between using fire or dragon on a monster where such a decision is pretty obvious
>>
>>380557912
>never played the first MH
>>
>>380557912
1st MH used analog stick to attack, it was pretty good
>>
>>380557912
Originals had attack bound to the right sick. I personally find it more fun and engaging, but I understand why it changed
>>
hope you fags are gonna buy it, because i'm just gonna pirate it no matter what kek
>game will sell like shit
>i'll get a ~free~ monster hunter game on PC, regardless of how shit it is

thanks sony cucks.
>>
>>380558073
>>380557995
Yea I started on freedom unite so that is fucking foreign to me. I doubt they'd go back to that now though, they need the right stick for the camera.
>>
>>380550783
How did the greatsword handle? Still slow as fuck? Weighty swings?

Basically is the combat the same just prettier looking?
>>
File: 1401908825000.jpg (246KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1401908825000.jpg
246KB, 1300x1000px
OP, if you're still here, how did the zones work?

Were they still like arenas or was everything open?
Did it take them a long time to chase the monster?
>>
>>380559936
Not OP but they announced there are no more loading zones, you accept the quest start in the area (forest, volcano, etc.) and it is all open.
>>
>>380560383
Yeah, I get that.
But they also said there's still numbered areas
And there's shit that's obvious zone transitioning stuff like the part where the hunter dove into the water for just a second to resurface on the other side of a wall, or where the hunter was grappled to a Remoba and flying up to a cliffside.

But then there's the cave the monster followed the player into.

There's a lot of mixed messages with this shit, and they haven't explained if shit like HH works on a set range now.
>>
>>380552772

Saw the presentation too. Loved that you can switch your gear out mid game. The tutorial girl who kept talking was hella gay though
>>
>>380559841
the greatsword looked almost exactly the same as how it worked in 4U. The move set seemed completely identical even, just....weightier animations I guess? Charge time seemed faster, but swing time was slower.
>>
>>380557718
Not OP but it seemed like it was button attacks. I think I remember the button prompts in the gameplay showing buttons to attack. The audience didn't get to play the game ourselves, we just watched one of the devs (in a dark room so you can see the screen well, mind you) play the game. So we didn't get hands on experience with the game.
>>
File: 1497356934618.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1497356934618.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
OP, draw what the HUD looks like in MSPaint
>>
>>380562172
I tired but I can't rember more than the fact that the health and stamina bar are smaller (fine with the higher res) and the small D-pad of items into the lower right corner.
>>
>>380563130
Please tell me that it doesn't look like Dark Souls.
>>
>>380563286
not as in your face.
>>
I don't trust this game. Not because of the platform, or the audience, or the video.

I don't trust this game because Capcom has murdered the last five franchises of theirs that I loved when given a chance to make big changes.
>>
>>380563568
let yourself get excited, even if it flops. world's too cold otherwise.
>>
>>380563568
>Proof of a Hero sounds lackluster
>No flexing
>Preparing no longer matters
>>
>>380563971
The entire game is wandering around in moga woods killing shit for the chief's son. Makes sense to be able to change your gear up at camp if it's like that
>>
>>380563971
Preparing still matters you're just not fucked and have to wait a loading screen to re-gear.
>>
>>380547201
You need this to be ture, don't you?
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.