[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: Yakuza00 poster.jpg (504KB, 709x951px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza00 poster.jpg
504KB, 709x951px
How about a comfy Yakuza thread? The number of fans has really grown since the western release of 0 so I guess we can make it.

>what games have you played?
>what was the best one in your opinion?
>best boss fight?
>best long battle?
>Some OSTs you loved
>>
File: Yakuza5 poster.jpg (1MB, 1769x2502px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza5 poster.jpg
1MB, 1769x2502px
I started with 0, fell in love with the franchise and played 1, 2 and 3 in about 2 months. Currently playing 4 and already missing Kiryu.

0 without a doubt, the polishing and care put into the characters were superb, I was hyped at every chapter.

>best boss fight?
I would say Kiryu vs Shibusawa or Kiryu vs Kuze, the build up for these two fights were really well done and the music was totally fitting.

>best long battle?
Definetly breaking out of the Tojo clan with Tachibana and Oda, another 0 moment that takes the cake.

>Some OSTs you loved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97zXh7DBQ3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_lgXlNVkBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI
>>
I've only just ordered Yakuza 4, never played any of them before.
Will side stories become incompleteable if I do too much of the main quest? Is there a spicific point In the main quest I should Stop at in order to finish all the side stories?
Is there a new game +?
Is Yakuza 3 and dead souls worth getting?
>>
All but the PSP/japanese only spinoffs
In terms of things to do, 5. But 0 is probably the best in the series honestly
>best boss fight?
Kuze
>best long battle?
Probably the one in the end of Yakuza 3
>Some OSTs you loved
Fly, Recieve You, and the Osaka battle music in Yakuza 2.

Also is Yakuza 6 ever gonna get a demo in the west?
>>
I want Kiryu to beat me up
>>
>>380524230
I played 1 and 2 but never got a PS3 so zero is the only one I've played beyond the first 2.
Zero, but 2 has a special place in my heart.
Final battle with Ryuji in 2 tied with the duel with Nishki at the end of 1
That first long battle in Zero sticks with you
For who's sake, Bad fortune flower, a shattered moment, pledge of the demon, receive and bite you, twin dragons
>>
File: kiryu vs mine.jpg (70KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
kiryu vs mine.jpg
70KB, 1024x683px
>>380526276
>Will side stories become incompleteable if I do too much of the main quest? Is there a spicific point In the main quest I should Stop at in order to finish all the side stories?

I heard that the substories in 4 are chapter locked. There is usually a Premium mode (New Game +) after you beat the main story to complete the remaining stuff, but I don't know how it works with 4.

>Is Yakuza 3 and dead souls worth getting?
I really liked Yakuza 3, I played it for 60 hours and ended up with 23% completion even when trying to complete most of its substories. It has great themes as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pONkmj4trhE
>>
>>380526618
He is such a perfect man in every way possible... holy shit.
>>
>>380526276
Certain side quests can be incompletable when you have to switch to certain characters at the end of their chapters, and you will have to wait until the post game mode called "Premium Adventure", or until all characters reunite in order to tackle them again. The game though always warns you about this whenever you reach a point of no return.
There is a new game plus mode where you carry over your stats from your last playthrough.
Yakuza 3 is worth playing though the start is very slow as it just focuses on being a dad running an orphanage but the payoff is great. Dead Souls on the otherhand has loads of physical copies on sale for cheap and thats because its the weakest of the entire series.
>>
File: Yakuza6 poster.jpg (617KB, 1731x2445px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza6 poster.jpg
617KB, 1731x2445px
>>380526557
I was hoping that it would come with Kiwami, but I heard some anons saying it won't. Don't know what to believe now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk

>this song
>last game featuring the kind dragon

No... I need more Kiryu...
>>
>>380527036
>>380527292
Thanks for the info, dudes
I'm not strapped for cash, so I think I'll pick up Yakuza 3 too.
>>
>The number of fans has really grown since the western release of 0

Not really. Y0 barely sold more than Y3.
>>
>>380524230
Started with 0, played the previous games, and it became my new favorite game series
>>
>>380524230
>Posting playstation games
Fucking disgusting.
>>
File: kazumafeel.jpg (102KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
kazumafeel.jpg
102KB, 648x595px
>>380529613
Never ever
>>
There was an image floating around with the settings that should be used to emulate Yakuza 2. Anyone have that?
>>
File: kazuma3.jpg (199KB, 790x1106px) Image search: [Google]
kazuma3.jpg
199KB, 790x1106px
>>380529137
Get it, Kiryu is so good on that one.

>>380529329
I guess it became more popular in /v/ at least, we didn't use to even get threads before.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.