[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can some people not want to play any AAA games, ever? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: ac_news_preorder_ncsa_293208.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ac_news_preorder_ncsa_293208.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
How can some people not want to play any AAA games, ever? It's subhuman to have that strong of a prejudice against anything.
>>
>>380517209
Because, typically, AAA games are shallow skinnerboxes that grow uninteresting once the appeal of something new wears off. I'm not someone who swears off them completely but I really hardly ever play them anymore. Indie shit for me, mostly, and not even intentionally; I guess that's what happens when you like obscure or niche stuff.
>>
>>380518559
>bitches that they're shallow
>plays indie games
You are this fucking retarded. Your average indie game offers 1/10th the amount of content of your average AAA game.
>>
>>380518943
Maybe I don't play every average indie game you dumb fucking cunt

One of my favorite games is Mount & Blade: Warband, and lately I've been mostly playing Expeditions: Viking to scratch that turn-based, party-focused RPG itch. Stuff that's more enjoyable than half-assed third-person shooters with 'RPG elements'.

It's stuff that caters to specific audiences and not every dumb normie with an Xbox or PS4
>>
>>380517209
it's subhuman to keep shoveling the same shit out every year
>>
>>380517209
I'm fine with playing AAA when they are good.
Which is why I'm not playing and AAA games. You need more than graphics and spectacle to be good.
>>
>>380519604
So you have an extremely nuanced taste. That's fine. Shitting on AAA games calls you out for being a shithead though, there's no need to hate on them like that and they aren't as shallow as you say.
>>
>>380517209
Generally they copy paste the shit out of each other or their old versions. Gets pretty boring.
I'm not inherently against AAA games, just there's very few with interesting new mechanics or that try something big that isn't just shiny graphics.
>>
>>380520242
>they aren't as shallow as you say
yes they are
>>
>>380520242
Maybe not shallow but totally bland, at least for me, hence why I usually avoid them. I'm not staunchly against triple-A games, I was just trying to explain to OP why *SOME* people may avoid them entirely.
>>
>>380520435
No they aren't. Maybe try playing some again and not having a chip on your shoulder and a stick up your ass.
>>
>>380518943
Amount of content has nothing to do with depth or shallowness.

You should have a game like fallout 4, taking tens of hours to complete, side quests etc but its all shallow. It's all the same gameplay of shoot enemy in head/blob, kill, move on.

That's why bethesda RPGs are called "as wise as an ocean, as deep as a puddle" because though the gameworld is large, the actual amount of unique things you can do inside it is extremely limited, in this case to killing the same kinds of enemies with the same half dozen weapon types or spells.

Even FO4's settlement building system could have been good if they thought it out more, such as enemy attacks nevre happening on the beginning location (where most people would build their biggest base).
>>
>>380517209
ALL AT ONCE NOW EVERYONE!
>WE
>>
>>380521350
>WILL
>>
How did Asscreed turn into an action RPG with floating numbers and Diablo loot?
>>
>>380521208
>Amount of content has nothing to do with depth or shallowness.
It has much to do with it when you evaluate things holistically rather than in fragments like you and many others erroneously do.
>>
>>380518943

Yeah AAA games have some really great content. Content for most of these AAA games like assassins creed / far cry / etc consists of the following

>climb this tower in far cry 40 times
>do this copy pasted side quest twenty times
>assassinate this bland unimportant character in a uninspired manner thirty times to unlock a new weapon that does ten damage points more than your last one!

The main quests of them is usually decent enough to play through, but either very short or too scripted. Not to mention other issues such as bugs, poor optimization, terrible a.i, and other things that shouldn't be as blatant as they are for how large a budget they spend on these so called "triple a games".
>>
>>380521630
Padding the gametime and keeping people playing.

I am not against it though, the formula was pretty fucking stale.
>>
>>380521524
NOT
>>
>>380521679
>I complain about games I haven't played
Nice.
>>
>people are not allowed to have individual preferences
Op is Hitler in the making.
>>
>>380517209
Because they're bad.
>>
>>380517209
They are bland and uninteresting
>>
>>380517209
all AAA games look the same. When you think of it that way you're really just not playing one game and that's not so bad.
>>
>>380518943
>Your average indie game offers 1/10th the amount of content of your average AAA game.
Not the indie games I play.
>>
Too many cooks spoil the soup.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.