[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite video games becoming more dumbed-down and "casualised"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: streamers.png (6KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
streamers.png
6KB, 349x349px
Despite video games becoming more dumbed-down and "casualised" than ever, a growing number of kids think they take too much effort to play and would rather watch someone else play them. Can anyone explain to me the appeal of watching other people play videogames instead of playing them yourself? I can understand "muh esports" because they have the same reasons for watching that people use to watch regular sports but watching a regular guy play videogames badly while overreacting to everything? What's the point?

Something I would also like explained to me is why people pay for subscriptions to these ebin memers, and donate hundreds if not thousands of dollars to them.
>>
Most kids don't get every game they ask for. With how quickly games come out and with the current marketing of video games you can't really blame them.

I don't like streamer personalitys, but I'll watch a playthrough of a story focused game if it doesn't have commentary over it.
>>
>>380505107
It's just another form of entertainment. People feel a personal connection with streamers because it's live and they enjoy the memes. Because of this kids will use their parents hard earned dollarydoos to support streamers.

I find it ridiculous, but at the same time I don't really think it's that different from watching some shitty TV or watching a football game.
>>
File: 1494020524793.png (21KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494020524793.png
21KB, 657x527px
too tired to play games
>>
>>380505107
I pop adumplaze on background while I do menial stuff, it's allrite
>>
File: great plot.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
great plot.webm
3MB, 854x480px
I play games for the story, so I always check out the plot on Twitch.
>>
havnt played a single game in the last couple years
pressing the buttons myself is not worth 60 bucks
>>
I like to watch interesting people do interesting things with interesting games
>>
>>380505107
There's two reasons I watch people play video games. Either the person playing them is adding their own twist to it (usually jokes and/or voicing the characters for me personally), or I've already played the game and I want to get that first time experience second hand from watching someone else play it
>>
watching events or tournaments = perfectly fine
watching steamers or e-celebs = seriously think about where your life has gone wrong.
>>
>>380505107
most people are lazy af by default
also, young kids are awful, we're all doomed
>>
>>380505107
>watching a regular guy play videogames badly while overreacting to everything?

I watch Twitch but can't stand that kind of streamer. I like chill streamers who seem like people I'd hang out with IRL, especially ones who play with a group that has good chemistry.
>>
>>380505107

Watching streams is like free TV, except instead of watching shitty TV shows I'm watching someone play a game that's actually a bit interesting. At least in my case I usually do it when I don't feel like playing anything myself and browse the internet in another screen.

People who donate/subscribe are the same people who buy any other useless crap - they either have access to money they didn't earn or just have poor impulse control and want to see their name on the screen.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.