[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like and miss this shit spamfest of a game again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: images (3).jpg (58KB, 250x356px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
58KB, 250x356px
Why do people like and miss this shit spamfest of a game again?
>>
>>380500575
nostalgia
I was one of them until I emulated it a few months ago
>>
>>380500575
It was pretty fun.
>>
>>380500709
That strangely makes complete sense....
>>
>>380500575
It's a game with shit loads of dbz characters and you can feel powerful. As a kid that shit was great
>>
I never liked the Tenkaichi series, i'm a Budokai kind of guy
>>
>>380500575

No idea. Super DBZ is the undisputed best. It actually requires skill.
>>
>>380501427
What good is having a bunch pf characters if a lot of them use the same moves....?
>>
Best DBZ sim
>>
>>380500575
Because most fans don't want a good fighting game, they just want a dbz simulator
>>
>>380502064
A lot of characters in dbz were trained by the same dudes and use the same signature moves anyway.

It was the dbz sim, not some overly complex game.
>>
>>380502258
So... Just charge Ki and spam projectiles is the best DB simulator?
>>
>>380502414
Broly wasn't trained by 13 and both weren't trained by Bojack tho.
>>
>fanservice game and serious fighting game can't coexist together

What the fuck, /v/?
>>
>>380502064
That's where nostalgia kicked in, it wasn't a good game in terms of movepool, just general fun
>>
>>380500575
Because it simulates dbz fighting, instead of just being your average fighting game with a dbz skin.
>>
>>380502038

>game only 17 people on earth have played
>undisputed best

Sure thing pal.
>>
>>380502432
Exactly.
>>
>>380502936
You must be new, everyone knows the less popular something is on /v/, the better of a game it is.
>>
>>380502648
ASB is a decent fanservice game. Tenkaichi is just.....bad....
>>
File: 1490192542703.png (1MB, 982x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490192542703.png
1MB, 982x720px
I genuinely don't know. Me and my roommates are going thru our backlogs together, trying to share our favorite games with each other, so we started playing DBZ BT2. Holy fucking shit are the mechanics all over the place, the game drops about 40% of your inputs, doesn't explain any mechanics you will need to actually play the game, the ai openly cheats (not even an allusion of fairness), the entire game looks terrible due to some weird copyright where every character has a ™ or registered trademark, the audio is all over the place, sometimes reverting to the original japanese for a line or two, translation being fucked in menus with utterly bizarre terminology being used (instead of yes/no it will say /agree/ignore or some other nebulous shit). The only good part of the game is the blatant rip off of Mortal Kombat's battle tower. Its pathetic.

The game is absolutely terrible in almost all regards. Only their insane nostalgia for DBZ made me able to sit thru it for their sake. I shit all over it once we were done though.
>>
File: 1489029712954.jpg (33KB, 507x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489029712954.jpg
33KB, 507x480px
>>380502038
And it has Chichi.
>>
>>380502643
All three of those characters have demonstrated similar body types AND attacks.
>>
File: 1489294496393.jpg (162KB, 1282x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1489294496393.jpg
162KB, 1282x1444px
>>380500575
>Death Beam Barrage
>Brave Slash
>Mystic Combo
>Solar Flare into Kaio-Ken Attack
>Burter
>Kid Buu
>LSSJ Broly
>Majin Vegeta
This game is fun to play causally, but is really busted overall
>>
because people enjoy db simulators you fucking retard.
>>
>>380503767
BT has loli Chi-Chi.
>>
>>380500575

It's better than Budokai, IMO. Glorified Mortal Kombat with Dragon Ball Z.

Tenkaichi series at least was its own kind of fighting game. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun. I still can't get over the lack of GT Vegeta.
>>
File: 1492544613624.png (313KB, 785x594px) Image search: [Google]
1492544613624.png
313KB, 785x594px
>>380503604
I know the feel....
>>
>>380500575
For me it's just the ridiculous amount of characters on the roster. Everything else about the game was... eh... but you sure could have a lot of dream match-ups in this.
>>
>>380500575
beacuse you feel like your actually in a draganball game flying around, shooting out beam attacks and teleportering everywhere.
>>
I've never liked the Tenkaichi gameplay. Budokai's gameplay was way better.
>>
>>380500575
Still no game has deeper mechanics or even comes close to the variety in combat and combos. Xenoverse had like 1/4 the combos possible and everything was locked behind Ki consumption.
>>
>>380503963
We are all 28-30 y/o at this point, their love for DBZ is almost at cult like levels. Those fuckers "update" me on their new Dokkan characters and whats happening on a fucking phone game. Daily.

Then they get bored when I try to show them Shadow of the Colossus. Bored when we play MGS2 (!!!). Bored when we play Bayonetta.

Its all so tiresome.
>>
More DBZ characters than any DBZ game ever while feeling the absolute closest to the DragonBall series while also having a character creator that allows you to create a character fitting for the DBverse. Shit on it all you want, but it's the ultimate DBZ experience.

Comparatively:

You got games like Budokai, Super DBZ, and the new DBFZ that all add more depth by sacrificing immersion. Yet these games lack the depth of full fledged fighters and lack the immersion of the DBverse.

Xenoverse came somewhat closer, but it's MMO mechanics and the weird balance it leads to brought these games down.

Ultimate Tenkaichi relies so much on QTEs, ultimately not giving the player enough control to give the full DB immersion while also lacking depth.

The rest of the games are in weird genres that are far from the best of their genres while also not feeling anything at all like Dragon Ball.
>>
>>380503878
>Burter
So he was OP? I just thought I was good with him kek
>>
>>380502064
It's nostalgia and let's face it, as a kid you never picked anyone outside a select few main characters.
I don't even know the move lists for most characters because who the fuck picks Saibamen?
>>
The game sucks, but man powering up to a new form in one match felt so fucking rad.
>start base goku
> kaioken
>SS1
>SS2
>SS3
>SS4

Combined with the cinematic supers people could overlook the shitty gameplay and samey characters.
>>
I always preferred Budokai 3. You had all the characters you could want, and was generally easier to pick up and play for local 1v1 shenanigans. I could never get a good BT3 session with friends because people would be fed up from the camera, bloated mechanics, and awful vertical splitscreen.
>>
>>380500575

>Spamming

Are you one of those guys that plays against shotos and complains that there's no way to get in so you just rage quit? If your opponent is half-awake spamming will not win you a fight.
>>
>>380500575
I only played against computer so I can't tell how balanced it was, but I think not very, and I played 2 not 3.
>>
File: BestDBZ.jpg (70KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
BestDBZ.jpg
70KB, 350x500px
Tenkaichi was trash, this was the game.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.