[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guilty Gear Combos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: GG Xrd2.jpg (37KB, 730x380px) Image search: [Google]
GG Xrd2.jpg
37KB, 730x380px
I'm trying to step up my combo game in Guilty Gear and struggling. I know I'm pressing the correct buttons so I'm guessing my timing on the presses is off. Do I do the next attack as soon as the previous one lands or slightly before/after?
>>
Be more specific, senpai.
>>
watch the demos, try mashing, try different timings.....
>>
>>380500387
If the attack doesn't come out, you pressed the button too fast.
If it doesn't combo, you pressed it too slow.
There's no trick. You just have to get the timing down.
>>
This probably won't get you the optimal shit, but I've always found it easier to piece together my own combos instead of following videos

See what connects to what, what you can jump cancel and follow up, when you can roman cancel while having a good distance
>>
>>380501145 Lets say I combo a close slash into a far one, I press triangle on my PS4 controller, do I press triangle again as soon as the slash connects or no?
>>
>>380501551
For normals chains like that you can basically press them as fast as you want. But for more advanced combos you have to get some specific timings down.
>>
>>380501551
You should be literally be able to mash it out
>>
Okay, simple combos it doesn't matter all that much. For complex combos the timing is different for each one. I think I get it now.
>>
>>380502552
Im new to fighting games too, but ive been playing a bit of injustice 2 lately.
If its any similar, theres no real timing on regular combos, but if you want to do a special move after the combo you need to input the special move as quick as you finish the regular combo even before all your attacks connect
Sorry if its confusing like I said im new to the genre
>>
I just got this game yesterday. I'm enjoying trialling each of the characters even if I'm absolutely useless at the moment.

Any tips for picking it up faster/better?
>>
>>380503031
Oh I remember when I still liked Netherrealm games...........
>>
>>380503031
Guilty Gear has different cancelling and combos than Injustice. If you try to do a special move too early in GG, you'll just cancel into the special move and won't finish the combo, or it just won't come out at all
>>
>>380503106
Nah, just go with the flow

Don't force yourself to pick things up that seem too complicated, start with basic shit and slowly build up, your progression should feel natural

Also get used to getting beat up in online for a while, create victories out of individual moments where you land a combo on someone proficient instead of winning the whole match
>>
>>380500387
Depends on the characters and combos, say you're playing as Slayer, he's one of the few characters who has to link compared to people like Sol for instance, you just need practice Anon.
>>
>>380503106
Did you buy on PS4 or pc?

Are there a lot of people playing it online?
>>
File: 310Leo.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
310Leo.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>380500387
Fun combo times kohai
>>
>>380504421
>All that work for absolutely no damage
How sad
>>
>>380504421
Venom is really underwhelming without Dubious Curve.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.