[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fed up /v/. All these games on PSN and I have lost interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 3159776-psn.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3159776-psn.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
I'm fed up /v/. All these games on PSN and I have lost interest in everything. Every game looks the same and demands that you commit your life to it (if you even want to understand the story, at least). I've found that the more realistic the game is, the less I want to do with it. I played games growing up because they looked cool, not real. Anyone else feel the same?

Also, recommendations on a PS4 game to get into (one that won't suck my soul and wallet dry) besides Paladins
>>
About half of Steep was good. But yeah, I hate "realistic" games. Everything is just the same template, and it's a really shit template.
>>
>>380499693
Nice blog post faggot.
>>
>>380499857
Never heard of it, but was always a big SSX fan so could get into that. Strange how as a kid I couldn't wait to see how graphics would evolve. Didn't realize how it would turn out.
>>
Try toukiden 2. There's a free version with online play.

The crew is a fun game if you're into cars.
>>
>>380499693
I felt like this about 2 years ago. Play old games. Games you played when you where younger or old games you never played. And by old I mean 8-16 bit games. Emulate them and play a couple of them. I found MANY fun games when I used coin ops on my cracked Xbox.
>>
I've been considering getting PS now so I could play Painkiller multiplayer. I'm dyin for a shooter that isn't over the top as fuck with the visuals
>>
doing vidya wrong:
play every random ass triple a cinematic setpiece title for a few days

doing vidya right:
find a few actually good games you really like and go all autistic on them for months
>>
>>380500429
FPS, SRPGs (mostly any Fire Emblem) sports fighting racing blahblahblah... I'll play anything that doesn't suck or involve prior knowledge from earlier titles

>>380500396
Been doing that lately with my Gamecube and Ps1. I've always had MAME but I'm doin consoles now. Working on my Dreamcast collection. But truthfully I love the ps4 and I wish I didn't have to choose between a) another ridiculous shooter with excessive RPG elements or b) a shit indie side scroller
>>
>>380500364
Or you know just fucking ignore me completely whatever fuck you.
>>
>>380500396
Games back then had more variety and were wackier as a status quo hadn't really been established yet and games weren't a multi-billon dollar industy where people are either afraid to take risks or aren't allowed to. There are no hamfisted politics, no QTE, no "cinematic experience". Just pure fun gameplay. Try it for a while and it might reinvigor your love for games again. It did for me, but my standards changed
>>
>>380501184
Relax sweetheart, I'll check it out
>>
>>380501415
No. No I will not relax. You hurt me. And that hurts.
>>
>>380501369
Thanks anon, I've actually been trying to figure out Sega Saturn / Genesis emulators on my tablet (PC went to shit) but not having much luck getting the games started. Truthfully I'm awful at emulating and have only had luck with Game Boy and some N64 games
>>
>>380501542
Not sure why I haven't tried Toukiden 2 if it's free. Looks pretty wild. I'm always stalking the freebies but besides Paladins they are fucking shit. Let It Die was such a let down, I actually thought it looked cool.
>>
>>380501119
I feel you. That's why I mainly play Japanese games now. If it makes me a weeb, fine. At least I enjoy the experience as their games usually aren't interactive movies. Try Yakuza, Ni-oh, Senran Kagura, dynasty warriors or some other japanese action game. They're usually pretty fun, wacky and light-hearted imo. If you aren't into Japanese games, I don't really know what to recommend. sorry
>>
>>380502118
I'll buy a dead rat if you tell me it's Japanese. Does Yakuza ever get repetitive ? Thanks for the recommends.
>>
>>380501916
Afraid I can't help you much with eumlation on a tablet as I'm not too familiar with that. But I have a friend who has an nes emulator on his phone. Google around a bit. There are emulators for every device nowadays. If you can't find a dedicated emulator there are emulator website that let's you play ROMs online.
>>
>>380502785
Wow I didn't know there were sites for that. Good looking out.
>>
>>380502437
I haven't found it repetitive, yet. I've only played zero on ps4 and it's pretty fun. Fun, very wacky side quests, 2 characters with 3 diffrent combat styles each, exciting story (imo), so I would recommend it. It's like a more arcade-y version of gta in a sense. I would recommend watching some early game play. Like the first 30 min to an hour. That gives you a good foundation for what the game is about I would think.

>Thanks for the recommends.
No, problem! Glad I can help. I know exactly how you feel.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.