[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What you have done different?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
What you have done different?
>>
I would have finished it

I would have dropped the doppelganger shit entirely.

I would have focused on BB's rise to power and recruitment of foxhound members

I would have done several smaller maps 1-4 times the size of the cuba map rather than two empty deserts, and one of them would have been snow.
>>
>>380499306
The thing that always got me about Kojima is that literally anyone but him can plan his own games out better.

I think that was, at one point in his life, his wish.
Eventually, he just made them shitty on purpose and took money from Konami for pet projects, it's really no surprise they fired him.
>>
>>380498936
Drop the open world and instead work in military zones around the world with a huge amount of details and levels (similar to Shadow Moses).

No Venom Snake deal, instead BB dealing with Zero and Skull Face. BB recruiting future FOXHOUND members, stamina and life bar
>>
>>380499954
what about foxhound members serving as their own protagonists in different locales?
>>
>>380499606
>I think that was, at one point in his life, his wish.
Yeah. He tried to retire and leave the franchise to younger generations, but always had to comeback, arguably worse than before.
>>
>>380498936
Drop support for the PS360 version.
That alone would have allowed Kojipro to not waste a ton of time downgrading the game to fit the previous console gens and actually focus on finishing the game and implementing the stuff they wanted to add like player-created Side Ops that they couldn't do because of the limits of the consoles.

In fact, drop the PS4 and Bone versions, make it pure PC so it could have gone all out.
>>
>>380500261
That would be pretty good.
>>
I would've taken off Skull Face's fucking raccoon mask for one thing. Also would've entirely removed Psycho Mantis, he had no reason to be in the game.
>>
>>380500358
>series historically console made for consoles
>ditch the bread and butter money making consoles to develop the game solely for PC where 1/2 of players will pirate it.
>>
Maybe have more forms of responses to player interaction in each map based on how player chooses to go through them. That way the player is further encouraged to try the ridiculous amount of options in the game so each experience feels truly different.

Otherwise this game is perfect. Every rise in the game, from the twist to the 'huh incomplete' is a brilliant display of phantom pain in a video game. It extends beyond MGS2's mindfuck so far that for example we even have delusional posters here thinking that Kojima's working on the real MGSV. Phantom pain is feeling pain for a limb that's not there anymore; feeling like playing a character that we don't play as anymore; characters that we knew from the past that don't act the way they used to although we feel that they are those characters of old; characters that we think have come back to life but haven't; an ending that we think was supposed to be part of the game but doesn't exist in game outside some files; and a game that we think is being worked on but does not exist.
>>
>>380498936
Come up with a mission objective that wasn't "fulton a npc"
>>
>>380501283
You do realize talking this way only outs you as shallow, right?
>>
I would have made an actual interesting story. The gameplay was wonderful, but it just didn't have the drive like the previous games.
>>
I'd add at least ONE more way of interacting with my staff other than wordlessly beating them
>>
make revolver ocelot a real human bean and not some retired dad camping at motherbase all the time
>>
add some indoor locations, the final mission should been a Ground Zeroes-scale infiltration of a facility
>>
>>380498936
Make helicopter rides skippable
>>
>>380498936
make Venom Snake gray fox/chico
have chapter 3 and epilouge
more enemy camp like camp omega and okb zero
>>
>>380498936
The original concept that involved BB taking on the Patriots and Huey acting as an unreliable narrator
>>
>>380498936
I would have proofread my topic before posting it.
>>
Boss fights
>>
File: 1497047730818.gif (3MB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
1497047730818.gif
3MB, 279x350px
>>380498936
Released the fucking editor for unlimited gameplay potential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCs0xxUS5as
>>
Make the story be about a secret war between Cipher and the remnants of the Philosophers in the Soviet Union rather than the complete inconsequential mess it was.
>>
drop the open world concept as well as the base-building stuff, make the game based on GZ-like missions that get bigger in scope progressively, culminating in some big military complex like Shadow Moses. Just a more focused experience overall. Kojimbo+Konami tried too much to fit in with the times
>>
The easy answer would be finish the game.

Hmmm . . . a more level based approach that see Big Boss fighting in hot spots across the 80's that sees him playing various parties against eachother, being played himself, while in a game of 3 way speed chess with skull-face and Zero. founding Foxhound and recruiting a young Gray Fox and coming to the conclusion of his world of war without end is the only way people like him will only ever find peace is if they spend the rest of their life on a battlefield.
>>
>>380498936
>actually have Snake talk because Queefer Sutherland was great
>Battle Gear is usable
>Skull encounters are actual bossfights against superhuman characters
>you still don't get to fight Skullface though
>Codec calls instead of the tapes nobody listens to
>actually doing something with the body double concept rather than having it come out from nowhere
>actually finishing the fucking game
>>
why didn't make a game about solid snake's early operations instead
>>
File: 1fdb1ce4d40459c34898901ead59cde3.jpg (555KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1fdb1ce4d40459c34898901ead59cde3.jpg
555KB, 707x1000px
>>380498936
>FOB is gone,
replaced with 8 bit MSX Metal Gear style infiltration missions(that you build yourself) or nothing whatever

>Mother Base is gone,
You just see it expand like you do in Peace Walker, but you can still enter Quiet's cell, the Hangar and Paz

>Open World is gone,
Ground Zeroes style levels

>Side Ops redone,
More like the GZ missions where they're "what could've happened" and previous games Variety missions

>Buddy sideops
Landmine sniffing is weaksauce, give us soemthing to do with them, even mission where you control them perhaps?

>Paz questline isn't hidden away in a place you have no incentive to explore,
It's started with a yellow side op, like it should have been

>Weapons Customization,
Custom guns don't keep using the uncustomized icon and you can assign a logo for them

>Guards,
Make smarter, less dumber

>Liquid Snake ending is in the game,
LIQUID!!!
>>
>>380503962
Metal Gear was Snakes 1st operation. before that was a Green Beret or Delta Force guy but he didn't do anything for Foxhound until then. Remember he wasn't supposed to succeed in his mission.
>>
>>380502581
I know, I'm sorry
>>
>>380502860
>inb4
>muh volgin
>muh eli
>>
>>380504249
>8 bit MSX Metal Gear style infiltration missions(that you build yourself)
Holy Shit, I need this
>>
>>380501631
Nope. I am just being honest. For fucks sake, the game's literally called phantom Pain.
>>
>>380504568
what did solid snake do anyway between mgs2 and 4
>>
>>380498936
Cut it at chapter 30.

captcha: fulton roma

lololol
>>
>>380506147
Philanthropy stuff with Otacon and Raiden until the ageing kicked in
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.