[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadow of the God of War of the Planet of the Apes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

Why the fuck doesn't this board talk about this motherfucking game
>>
What's there to say? Looks like more Shadow of Mordor.
>>
needs to be harder
>>
>>380467010
As a Tolkienfag, I am so fucking mad right now
>>
To be fair, this E3 presentation made me worry that orcs won't shut the fuck up and talk for a minute or more non stop
>>
>>380467010
>Orcs have separates tribes and not an unified force at the service of Sauron
THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS
Im still gonna buy it because i want to have orc bros
>>
Is there a nice pic to round up e3 for me?

Also, if this is anything like Mordor or God of War then it's only right that it's ignored.
>>
>>380467010
First game was very meh other than the nemesis system. I expect QTEs out of the wahzoo tho.
>>
>>380469059
This.
>>
I wish Monolith would still do FPS
>>
>>380468934
Genuine question why do Tolkienfags hate shadow of mordor/war So much? I've only just started to get into Tolkien works so I'm out of the loop
>>
Oi cunt, I ain't farkin doin that so you can go get farked
>>
Needs to get rid of whathisface and use an orc as the main character instead.
Nemesis system is pretty cool, but I have no interest in the story.
>>
>>380468934
Get over yourself.
>>
>>380469452
Autism.
>>
I really enjoyed the first one, but the new one is just really ugly and doesn't seem like it adds enough to merit full price.
>>
>funny cockney intelligent orcs
>black people
>more batman combat
yawn
>>
>>380469452
The games betray a lot of stuff Tolkien wrote.
He didn't give a shit about detailed lore, specially at near his death, but he would have been mad with shit like an orc allying with a good human
>>
>>380469452
It kind of dash into fan fiction territory
>>
>>380469452

Mostly because the extremely well established Tolkien lore has been disregarded. Most of the stuff in game is completely invented or very mischaracterized.

I really liked Shadow of War though and can forgive the more violations because the Nemesis system was a great idea
>>
because batman combat is shit.
>>
>>380467010
>bamham combat
There's nothing more that needs to be said.
It's literal garbage and should be disregarded.
>>
>>380467010
Mandatory video explaining why these games are shit. From 2 minute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
>>
>>380469856
>but he would have been mad with shit like an orc allying with a good human
The orc is mind controlled. During the E3 presentation they literally said he used the "one ring" which is all kinds of retarded for different reasons but still.
>>
>>380469452
Because Shadow of Mordor completely rapes the lore. I personally don't care since I see it as a seperate entry from the books and movies but there are enough autistic faggots out there who just can't get over it.
>>
The first game might have been interesting if it wasn't so pathetically easy. Also not a big fan of the 'wacky cockney orcs' theme they seem to be doubling down on.
>>
>>380467010
first game was the height of mediocrity for me. everything outside of the nemesis system was just so bland and uninspired and this looks like more of the same.
>>
>>380467010
JK Rowling is turning in her grave
>>
>>380469145
They are all under Sauron.

Different tribes just specialize in different things, like Special Unit cores
>>
>>380470591
D U L L E S T
>>
>>380470339
this.
they just should add a fucking stamina bar to stop the mashing, and orcjumping, and it would be more hard to actually scape .
>>
>>380467010
problem with the game is that, although it looks to be a good game, it's not a good LOTR game. LOTR is about the adventure and crossing vast spaces, RPG style. This is just a stealth hack and slash with a LOTR skin on it to make it appeal to tolkeinfags and make look like its more than it is, when in all reality it's the last thing many fans of the series want to see
>>
>>380470158
>fully upgraded character

Yeah hes supposed to be strong as fuck, this guy is retarded. Attacking a stronghold while you're weak will result in your death, or your fleeing.
>>
>didn't change the combat
Not interested
>>
>>380469145
i think it is how it works. Somewhere on the books they talked a bit about that, but i read them years ago so i can be wrong
>>
>>380469452
because the books, even the ones with an actual plotline, are slow moving lore tomes with a bunch of history and culture of all the races he made up. shadow of mordor is like a dubstep music video with orc masks
>>
>They literally turned the orcs into Warhammer Orks

For what fucking purpose?
>>
>>380470945
That's exactly what I was thinking, it seems like it's a perfectly fine and well thought out game with good mechanics, then they had to mess it up by trying to make Tolkien fit into it by going at it with a hammer and saw.
>>
>>380467010
Because its garbage that shits all over LotR
>>
>>380470945
it doesnt claim to be a part of the main story, it's simply using the setting as a backdrop. That's a silly point of view that because the movies were about walking a long distance, every game should be about that too. what if someone made a game about being a black smith in this universe? would that not be allowed because it's "not about going on a big adventure"?
>>
>>380469658
batman combat wasn´t so bad. If you turn off all the helps it was challenging and fun until late game where you only spam the stun combo over and over again
>>
>>380471374
It would fit as a WH40k game, where you go around doing orky things and gathering klans under your banner. The damn orcs are even green and have the stereotypical WH40k cockney accent
>>
What's there to see honestly? It will either be terrible or a decent but flawed game. Sure in an infinite universe it is possible that it could be great but it won't be.
Its very likely most of the fun will come from just messing around with the nemesis system for 20+ hours like last game.
After you do that you'll realize the story is just a tolkien fan fiction but even they won't let you do something like kill Sauron.
>>
>>380470158
Sorry anon I can't watch this because this guys autistic spergout is really annoying.

>narrating everything he does like the most jaded autistic fuckwit

The combat isn't very good, but it's not that bad either, unlike bamham the animations have some punch to them and feel pretty good to watch. Getting mobbed by a few captains (or whatever they were called), also made it a little harder, especially when you were at low level.

The game REALLY goes into easy shitfest mode once you unlock more of those abilities, which pretty much feel like fucking cheating after a certain point. Especially that one that allows you to take over any animal or orc from a distance whenever you like.

I can see that people like this faggot probably would want tons of button pressing in their combat since they want to be physically challenged, but without leaving their rooms. They want videogames to give them that rush that many sports would give them but all they know is vidya, so they keep trying to get that same feeling they must have once evoked as a child.
>>
>>380471559
the game could appeal to a much wider audience if, instead of encroaching on the LOTR story and the fanbase, it just made its own universe. It wouldn't need to be so out of place then. Every tolkein title involves journies and adventure, and most games have up to this point. It's like making an RTS game about Indiana Jones, persay
>>
>>380471063
>the game is supposed to become easier later on, after you've """""""mastered""""""" the combat system more
That'd still be retarded even if it were true and the game wasn't mindbogglingly easy without any upgrade.
>>
>>380472574
That's not what I said. You don't have to master anything. You just level up.

But regardless of how good you are, if you run into a stronghold at level 1, you will lose. You cant jump over shields, you cant stun berserkers, cant slow time, only have 5 arrows, no instant executions, 6-10 hits to kill each orc, you die in three hits, parries don't grant anything, etc etc.
>>
>>380473661
Yes, that is the fucking problem, you don't have to master anything, you just level up. There is no skill to the combat system. In a game that isn't completely fucking garbage, the difficulty of the game ramps up as you get better and more skilled to compensate.

Also it's fucking hilarious that you think you need any of that shit to fight in this game. You can still attack, dodge and parry effectively eternally with the most minor amount of ability.
>>
>>380471878
You play as Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka building your army for the first war for Armageddon.

They're making a good game, they're just making the wrong game.
>>
>>380474554
So what? They didn't claim this was going to be the next ground-breaking combat system or some shit. They advertised based off the RPG elements and nemesis system. The point of the game isn't difficulty and being the best single-player orc slayer ever, its to build an army.
>Also it's fucking hilarious that you think you need any of that shit to fight in this game.
Again, not what I said brother. The guy was making a huge point about how he could walk into a stronghold and easily survive, when he had every single upgrade. If you walk into a stronghold and are surrounded by enemies like that at low level, you'll die. You might be able to dodge and parry forever, but you'll never kill anything.

Its obvious im arguing with a retard who cant read though, so enjoy my last you, friend.
>>
>bamham lotr edition featuring even less gameplay and more op shit
>>
>>380467010
Did that E3 presentation seem oddly sexual to anyone else? All that hot man on orc action. A lot of male grunting and moaning in various accents. Sounds good to me but some of you might feel uncomfortably gay playing this.
>>
>>380475118
>The point of the game isn't difficulty

Let's not get too retarded and start saying dumb shit now anon.
>>
>>380468934
Also Tolkienfag. I tried to get over it and managed to for the first game but this one just brings my balls to a boil. Fuck these people for just making fanfiction.

>>380469145
They should've set it in the Misty Mountains or Gundabad where the Orcs are so far away from Sauron's influence that they do form into tribes and fight for dominance over a loosely connected force. It'd also give you an excuse to fight drakes, which did live in the farthest north of the Misty Mountains and Gundabad, and even a Balrog even if that still breaks lore.

But nope. It has to be fucking Mordor.
>>
Why are orcs given cockney or whatever British dialect/accent they speak?

Why does a British accent signify antiquity or something ancient in fictional settings?
>>
>>380476402
Tolkien based some aspects of orcs vaguely on a mix of Cockney and Chav elements/culture, so most people assume his orcs sounded Britishy.
>>
File: 1422396455255.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1422396455255.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>380475118
>I-It's meant to have unplayably bad combat
>>
know what flusters my butt? when other franchises use orcs
>invent a magical creature for your stories
>everyone else steals them
>normies think they are some kind of ancient mythology like dragons and faeries and stuff but in reality it was your original donut steel

is it such a big deal for everyone else to just make something similar and call them ogres or trolls?
>>
>>380477312
This isn't a Witcher 3 thread friendo.
>>
>>380477404
>tolkien invented dark evles
Jesus fuckig christ this delusion.
>>
>>380470158
I remember watching this video before but I never noticed that it was Destiny who made this.
>>
>>380469856
no he wouldn't? tolkiens greatest regret about LOTR was that he made orcs irredeemable
>>
>>380467010
The orc characters just sound stupid, why does everything have to be pixar personality, have no interest in the next Seth Rogan movie thank you.
>>
>>380467010
I'm hyped OP.
>>
>>380478116
He'd still hate everything else with a passion most likely.

This is a guy who turned down huge amounts of money from movie licensing because he asserted no one could ever do it right.
>>
>>380467010
Tried way too hard to be wordy and funny but I'm still interested in the game.
>>
>>380470215
This. Great sandbox game to fuck around in while listening to podcasts or something, and the cutscenes are often unintentionally hilarious.
>>380472009
Sauron's literally been confirmed for final boss, just like he was in the last SoM DLC campaign.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.