[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was that thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: witcher 3.jpg (86KB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3.jpg
86KB, 635x357px
What was that thing?
>>
>>380464659
evil spirit, kill it with fire
>>
it was actually a good spirit
>>
It was an morally ambiguous spirit
>>
>>380465871
Wait was it?
>>
>>380465987

it was trapped inside the tree by the crones.
>>
>>380465987
Who knows. That quest fucking sucked anyway. There wasn't enough information given on either side to make the correct judgement call. You're just left to give the ultimate judgement call on this village to chance
>>
>>380466130
Not because it was good.

It saved the children taken but slaughtered everyone else in the village.
>>
>>380466258
This is the correct answer. No foreshadowing, no knowledge of what kind of spirit it could be.

Just an ugly ass tumor put in a tree by the Crones.
>>
A very vengeful old deity.
>>
>>380466258
This.
>I dont know the clones were "fair" monsters until later
>Thereā€˜s zero back story about who the fuck this spirit is
>All he mention is he was jailed by the clones and some fucking children
>>
They say there's an alternative that can save both kids and villagers.
>>
>>380466931
clones
>>
there's a book that says the spirit went crazy and started killing people so the crones locked it up in a tree.
>>
>>380466986
There isn't, you either free him, kill him or trick him which is the same as killing him.
>>
>>380466931
>>380466621

Read the book "She Who Whispers".
>>
File: 1497330741485.jpg (5KB, 112x162px) Image search: [Google]
1497330741485.jpg
5KB, 112x162px
>>380465871
it wasnt
>>
>>380466931
"The Witcher IV: The Clone Wars" WHEN?
>>
Here's what it says in the game. If you think this is vague, you're retarded.

Folk say they were four at first. The Mother, She-Who-Knows, the Lady of the Wood, came here from a faraway land and, since she suffered terribly from loneliness, she made three daughters out of dirt and water.

A long, long time ago the Mother was sole ruler of all of Velen. Her daughters brought her the people's requests and served as her voice. Each spring, sacrifices of grain, animals, and men were made to the Lady of the Wood on her special night. Yet as the years passed, the Lady of the Wood slipped deeper and deeper into madness. Her madness eventually spread over the land - men took to abandoning their homes and setting out into the bog, where they became food for beasts. Before long, Velen was drowning in blood.

The daughters saw their land nearing destruction and took it upon themselves to save it. When spring came once more, and with it the night sacrifices, they killed their mother and buried her in the bog. Her blood watered the oak atop Ard Cerbin, and from then on the tree grew wholesome and hearty fruit for the people. As for the Lady's immortal soul, it refused to leave its beloved land, and so the sisters imprisoned it. To this day it lies trapped beneath the Whispering Hillock, where it thrashes about in powerless rage.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
Freeing the spirit causes the suicide of the bloody baron and that is unacceptable.
>>
File: 1454184976392.png (505KB, 910x503px) Image search: [Google]
1454184976392.png
505KB, 910x503px
I want to do a playthrough with the most broken OP meme build there is. Can anyone point me to what that is?

In compensation I offer Triss in cosplay.
>>
>>380466986
There is not. Either the village or the children.
>>
>>380467490
Where was this written? I'm not saying it isn't, just never saw it myself
>>
>>380467490
>the solution to the quest is found in an easily missable book
Thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>380468017
There are like 5 copies of the book. You're literally handed one of them.
>>
>>380467583
bloody baron is the best character
>>
>>380468008
One of the many random books you can loot throughout the world
>>
>>380468132
so you're saying this missable book, written by crone worshippers says that the evil is in the tree and that it is 100% ok to trust what it says?
>>
>>380464659
The ingame lore book implies that it's a benevolent spirit that got slowly corrupted by something and eventually went insane and slaughtered a village.

The crones are her daughters and they locked her away after the rampage and took over the spirit's role as protector of Velen. If you could call the Crone's actions "protection" anyways.

This is all assuming that the book contains 100% facts. It's however likely written by the Crones themselves (or her followers)
>>
>>380468183

Literally /ourguy/
>>
File: pleb.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>380466931
>He doesn't read every single bestiary entry, book, note etc.
>>
>>380467856
QUEN
>>
>>380466258

Thats the fucking point. Sometimes you can't tell whether you've made the right choice or not so you just have to live with it

You expected a paragon/renegade option?
>>
>>380468628
I expect the fucking witcher isn't retarded enough to make an extremely important, life threatening decision without going over all the facts first
>>
>>380468425
The villagers say that people hear whispering in their heads that forces people to go to the tree and be never seen again, even Keira tells you about something forcing its way into her dreams trying to get her to go out into the wilderness.

The tree spirit is at least insane if not full blown evil
>>
>>380468879
Don't worry it's not.
>>
>>380464659
The mother of the witches

>people actually freed that thing
>>
>>380469231
I freed it because pure chaotic evil is always the best option
>>
>>380469231
Retards actually freed that thing. Its clearly the wrong choice if you have half a brain.
>>
>>380469513
When did edgy atheists become satanists?
>>
>>380469823
>he doesn't play the edgiest most asshole characters possible
>>
I freed it desu
>>
>>380470398
No I don't. I grew out of that when I turned 16.
>>
>>380466590
So? The villagers were pagan worshipping heathen scum.
>>
>>380468879

>I'm a child who needs right/wrong decisions

Lol
>>
>>380466258
Huh, i thought it was mentioned somewhere before that it was the creator of the crones, that it were creatures made of mud and magic or something.
>>
>>380470592
Heathen compared to what? There is no jesus or god in the witcher universe you dip. THe villagers could either starve, get the plague and get raped by the nilfgaardians like the rest of velen or they could worship the ladies who is the reason their village is the healthiest in the area.
Its not a hard choice. Count on people like the baron and his fucking degenerate bandits to protect you? Good luck cuck
>>
>muh in-game book
Did you forget "Monstrum, or a Portrayal of Witchers"? There is literally no omniscient, reliable source in the Witcher.
>>
File: 1445300220520.png (133KB, 268x322px) Image search: [Google]
1445300220520.png
133KB, 268x322px
>>380471539
"One book was purposely and obviously made out to be untrue. That means EVERY book is untrue XDDDD"

Are you 14?
>>
>>380468879
Ahhh, isn't up to you, the player, to go over the facts and make a decision? Like you're roleplaying as a witcher?
>>
>dead kids or a dead village
HMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>380467583
If you free the spirit without having the quest to save the children she lives since the spirit won't take the children then the other witches don't kill her.
>>
>>380467856
Maxed Quen with heavy style.
>>
>>380472291
Dont forget releasing that evil as fuck spirit into the world. Atleast you can kill 2 crones. That spirit is now out of your reach forever. You even see it in the swamp as that black stallion
>>
>>380469810
Retars are the one that believe there are right and wrong choices.
>>
>>380471840
>The Lodge of Sorceresses
>half of the books about nonhumans
Face it, just like real life, the books in the Witcher weren't written to be a 100% omniscient, reliable source.
>>
probably a druid
>>
>>380466258
>>380466258
>>380466931

Fucking retards. There's a fucking book on the history of Velen that explains that Velen used to be ruled by a witch who was sealed away by her daughters, the crones.

It only takes a second to realize that the ancient spirit is the crone's mother.

The only moral ambiguity in this quest is whether to release this ancient evil spirit to save a bunch of orphans or to kill the ancient evil and leave the orphans to their delicious fate.

Fucking hell, the books are 100 words at the most and they're everywhere. Just read 'em you dumb fucks.
>>
Neo /v/ doesnt read books in rpgs
>>
>>380475085
and here's the book. I made a mistake saying you need to realize something. you actually don't. it's spelled out for you.

>"Folk say they were four at first. The Mother, She-Who-Knows, the Lady of the Wood, came here from a faraway land and, since she suffered terribly from loneliness, she made three daughters out of dirt and water.

>A long, long time ago the Mother was sole ruler of all of Velen. Her daughters brought her the people's requests and served as her voice. Each spring, sacrifices of grain, animals, and men were made to the Lady of the Wood on her special night. Yet as the years passed, the Lady of the Wood slipped deeper and deeper into madness. Her madness eventually spread over the land - men took to abandoning their homes and setting out into the bog, where they became food for beasts. Before long, Velen was drowning in blood.

>The daughters saw their land nearing destruction and took it upon themselves to save it. When spring came once more, and with it the night sacrifices, they killed their mother and buried her in the bog. Her blood watered the oak atop Ard Cerbin, and from then on the tree grew wholesome and hearty fruit for the people. As for the Lady's immortal soul, it refused to leave its beloved land, and so the sisters imprisoned it. To this day it lies trapped beneath the Whispering Hillock, where it thrashes about in powerless rage.
>>
>>380473094
Can't tell local folklore from obvious state-sponsored propaganda.

Hello Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov.

On a completely unrelated note, when do we ban Aussies, Brazilians, and Ruskies from the internet?
>>
>>380476067
Ruskies are the ones that actually read Witcher books alongside Poles. For the rest of the world Witcher is a video game series with poorly explained backstory.
>>
evil spirit
>>
File: 1496517724300.png (499KB, 510x511px) Image search: [Google]
1496517724300.png
499KB, 510x511px
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.