[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 527
Thread images: 97

File: 299383.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
299383.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Confirmed from Dengeki that this is Monster Hunter 5 just not in name. See below.

>*Monster Hunter: World has been in development for four years.
>*Originally, it was going to be called "Monster Hunter 5", but the development team really liked the name, "World" (Japanese ワールド).
>*The Base Camp spawns in random places. Each time a hunt starts, hunters will be at a different Base Camp.
>*Hunters can change weapons and armor midhunt by going to the Base Camp.
>**This feature was added due to there usually being multiple large monsters in an area and from each having a different strength or weakness.
>*Hunters can now hunt freely without being held back by the main objective/quest, even if the quest is complete. Hunters can hunt freely without any limits now.
>*Hunters use Scout Flies as guides to help them navigate the area if they can't find the monster and to find certain items, including drool and footprints.
>*The monsters can easily change the environment you are fighting in with certain attacks and destroying certain objects.

Pt 1/2

Not a spin-off a true sequel to the franchise after 4. Name changed to World for marketing clearly because people do not want to jump into a 5th installment in the series on a new console. Good move by Capcom.

Source: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583
>>
>>380462328
Pt 2/2

>*Each large monster in a location has a territory in a certain part of the area. In some cases, hunters may need to lure another threat into their territory in order to get their target to reveal itself.
>*By hiding from monsters, hunters can avoid fighting them or prepare for a silent escape from the battle.
>*Capcom thought about giving the monsters health bars due to a majority of people. Globally, fans requested for a way to see how much damage they were dealing, so Capcom decided to add damage numbers to the this game.
>*The Quest Giver was fully voiced in English, and she sent the hunter on a quest to hunt an Anjanath, the T-rex-like monster shown in the reveal.
>*Hunters can quickly pick up resources as they run by, meaning you don’t have to stop and wait for foraging animations.
>>
>B-BUT ITS JUST A SPINOFF
>B-BUT ITS NOT MH5
>B-BUT
>>
Seems like Casual Hunter to me. Make no mistake, this is a game for faggot dudebros to stream and brag about likely quirky Japanese games to their hipster friends. Everything points to the game literally playing itself while you LE HOLD MY BEER and mash the "awesome buttons" ineffectually.
>>
Taken from someone who has played the demo at E3. There have been multiple people who got to try it out since it's there. There is also confirmation that more information will be available to the public on the 20th.

>It's a private demo you can sign up for at E3. Four developers from Japan playing the game unscripted (they were unable to defeat Rathalos lol).

>Started demo off with just one hunter, he tracked the new monster with "scout flies" ...

>When the battle got rough, he led the new monster to Rathalos Nest very high up in the environment.

>Rathalos was pissed to see the hunter and the monster creeping into his lair and preceded to wreck everything.

>Great animations of the monsters fighting each other. The lone hunter sends signal flare and 3 other devs join mid battle.

>Lots of vertical combat, more than MH4. Seems all hunters have a grappling hook.

>The monsters interactions with each other was very cool, they encountered 3 different large monsters during demo.
One of them ate an herbivore whole lol.

>The rapid fire on the heavy bowgun is a special ability.

>The combat looks and feels like traditional monster hunter with quality of life improvements.

>Day and night cycle is realtime, Rathalos destroyed a dam which cause an area to flood. Sweeping 2 of the hunters out of the area.

>I really like that they went back to a more prehistoric feeling and mood to the game.

>The fours hunters fighting together looked awesome, Rathalos has many new attacks, throws and animations.

>The bow has a nice new attack which drops small bombs on top of the monsters.

>I think they finally updated the Rathalos model haha.
I wish it was a bit more stylized, but the Graphics look great.

>Big emphasis on the world
>>
>>380462823
Why do you hate monster hunter? Just go away.
>>
File: CfdtfJnUIAAVFUl.jpg (64KB, 533x532px) Image search: [Google]
CfdtfJnUIAAVFUl.jpg
64KB, 533x532px
>>380462328
>*Monster Hunter: World has been in development for four years.
>*Originally, it was going to be called "Monster Hunter 5", but the development team really liked the name, "World" (Japanese ワールド).

The sweet sweet tears
>>
Does anyone play Toukiden on pc?

How is it?
>>
File: MHW_Box_P.jpg (716KB, 1450x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MHW_Box_P.jpg
716KB, 1450x1800px
this image triggers nintenbros to no end.

we all know true monster hunter fans just flock to whatever system their game is on.
>>
Capcom is actually really clever. Naming the game World lets them backpeddle if things go bad.
>>
>>380463029
OH jesus, All of that sounds amazing
>>
Now that we're getting a new mainline series. Does this mean the portable series will be revived too? For the Vita 2 and Switch.
>>
>>380463029
there was no playable demo it was a gameplay trailer.
>>
File: IMG_3483.jpg (98KB, 486x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3483.jpg
98KB, 486x258px
>>380463029
>>
>>380463029
you are full of shit nigger there was no demo at E3
>>
>>380462419
>Globally, fans requested for a way to see how much damage they were dealing
I haven't seen anyone who's been saying "yes, finally" when they announced it, everybody just seemed to want an option to turn it off, and I never saw anyone requesting them before. Is this a case of the notorious "retarded playtester"?
>>
>>380462419
>>*Hunters can quickly pick up resources as they run by, meaning you don’t have to stop and wait for foraging animations.

Fucking casual piece of shit.
>>
File: 1496905516688.jpg (78KB, 669x696px) Image search: [Google]
1496905516688.jpg
78KB, 669x696px
Just what did he mean by this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6gx5pi/its_great_that_monster_hunter_for_ps4_is?sort=confidence
>>
>>380465298

Monster Hunter is being elevated from a niche, modest budget franchise to a huge AAA blockbuster title.

Knowing modern Capcom, expect a lot of focus tested driven garbage to be implemented into the final product.
>>
EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP AND POST YOUR MH PLAY TIMES AND MAINS

LETS SEE IF YOU ARE EVEN QUALIFIED TO TALK LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MH?

MH:FU - 2 hours - GS - had to wait for it to go on sale first to pick it up last week
MH3U: 600 hours - SA
MH4U: 850 hours - SA/SnS
MHG: 400 hours - SnS
>>
>>380466035
100 hours in FU
500 hours in P3rd
50 hours in 3U
Dropped the series after that

Am I qualified to shitpost famalam
>>
>>380466035
>had to wait for it to go on sale
How much was FU?
>>
>>380466035
World will be my first MH game
>>
>>380466536
It doesnt have to be. Go get MHFU right now, you still have plenty of time before 2018.
>>
Oh man, the butthurt from salty switchfags and 3dsfags is truly amazing.
>>
>>380466820
>go get the worst game in the series as your first

wow
>>
>>380466035
>MH1: ~80-90 Hours - Lance
>MHFU: 1200+ Hours - Lance/Hammer
>MHTri: 100 Hours - Lance/Hammer
>MH3U: 300 Hours - Lance/Hammer
>MH4U: ~800 Hours - Hammer/GL
>MHG: 400 Hours - SNS/HBG
>MHXX: 600 Hours - GL/HBG
>>
>>380466958
kill yourself
>>
>>380462823
3ds autismo that bought a switch and is anally annihilated because he can't play this, fuck off.
>>
>>380462328
oh fuck is this jojo reference?
hope I can punch some monsters lmao
>>
>>380466035
MHFU 600 hours mostly LS
MHP3rd 100 hours Hammer and GS
MH3U 450 hours Hammer
MH4U 1450 hours CB and IG
MHX 100 hours CB and a bit of SnS
MHGen 100 hours CB
MHXX 120 hours CB
Plus maybe a few dozen hours or so scattered around the ones not listed, playing Dos right now and Plesioth is making we want to kill myself.
>>
>>380462328
>>380462419
Not True!!! NOT TRUE!!!

REEEEEE
REEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>380467157
it's on PC too retard

should have spent more money on exclusivity you dumb sonyggger
>>
File: 1496354377291.gif (2MB, 410x311px) Image search: [Google]
1496354377291.gif
2MB, 410x311px
https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/875009773132853248

>Is it true you can use items while walking?
>Yup!
>>
>>380464650
>vita 2
dead
But yea, they'll just split the development teams up. Switch will get a bunch of new series in the vein of frontier and such while world stays on PC/Xbox/PS
The portable versions will probably be more core focused and difficult since the main audience is Japan, while World will be more western focused.

That of course is assuming World doesn't bomb like every other Monster Hunter game on consoles and every Capcom game for 8th gen. If it bombs, then mainline will go back to handheld, and Capcom will backpedal on World by releasing "Monster Hunter 5" for Switch in 4 years
>>
>>380466958
So this is the power of westernized monhun... Not bad
>>
MHFU PSP-400 hours, Hammer
MHFU Vita-300 hours, Hammer, GS
MHTri-400 hours, Hammer, GS, Lance
MH3U 3DS-70 hours, Hammer, then dropped
MH4-Dropped after demo
MHG-Dropped after demo
MHXX-No Interest

annoying as hell to playthese games on the 3DS, looking forward to finally playing with twin sticks again
>>
>>380466171
>500 hours in P3rd
Jesus fuck dude. Me and my friend had like 350 something hours and we did every single quest.
>>
>>380467081
>GL on 4U even after all that nerfing

How did you do it senpai?
>>
Can you spam the grappling hook?
>>
File: 1480743139557.png (297KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
1480743139557.png
297KB, 448x468px
>Worldwide simultaneously release
>One global server so we can all hunt together
Can't wait to play with you guys, whether you're on PC, PS4 or Xbox One.

Switchfags you guys can import MHXX, the most anime game yet, so it's fine.
>>
>>380465298
japane exists
>>
>>380467451
It's the reason why I burnt out from 3U so quickly
>>
>>380467157
I have a PC and don't own any consoles because I'm not an idiot, nice try but Mario beckons you WAHOOO return to your 3ds
>>
>>380467539
Actually PS4 won't be playing with PC or Xbox, Sony has to think of the children after all.
>>
>>380466907
>"man I don't know how to feel about damage numbers and the fairy dust..."
>AHAHAHA SWITCH FAGS BTFO THIS GAME IS LITERALLY PERFECT AND NO ONE CAN CRITICIZE IT, IF THEY DO THEY'RE SALTY NINTODDLERS
sonegroes everyone
>>
>>380464302
This. If they don't get enough sales they can just go "HERE'S MONSTER HUNTER 5 ON THE 3DS AND SWITCH ENJOY!".
>>
>>380467454
I had this one silly pre-X/Gen combo where you can advancing shot off a ledge and shoot, pushing you back into the air and since you're still aerial, you can do an aerial attack, which can be followed by a full burst. It felt so actiony that I just got addicted to trying to hit monsters with it that were loaded with barrel bombs all over them.
>>
>>380467539
PS4 can't crossplay apparently
>>
>ITS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME NOW THAT ITS OFF NINTENDO
>ITS GOING TO BE THE WORST GAME OF ALL TIME NOW THAT ITS OFF NINTENDO
>Still havn't seen any proper gameplay of how hunts work, how the new weapons work, any changes to monsters, etc
Can this fucking console war shit just fuck off?
Every fucking time it just fucks up any discussion of the game until about a month has passed and all the shitposters get bored and move onto something else.
>>
>>380467659
I know there's no crossplay, I'm happy about the cross region as an Australian
>>
File: 1486331182443.gif (91KB, 319x440px) Image search: [Google]
1486331182443.gif
91KB, 319x440px
>>380467660
I wonder what their backpedaling will be like when the next 3 or 4 Monster Hunter games after this are all Switch exclusive.
>well it's not mainline so it doesn't count
is what I think it will come down to.
>>
>>380462328
Sounds like marketing. We'll see about that. I bet they didn't want to call it MH5 too see how well a homeconsole exclusive will sell in Japan.
>>
>>380467539
there's no cross platform, at least not with PS4
>>
>>380462692
>B-BUT ITS JUST A SPINOFF
Not even Cross is considered a spinoff. That's designation is for Monster Hunter Stories.
>>
>>380467539
>One global server so we can all hunt together
>Thinking this will happen after Sony denying Minecraft and Rocket League players the opportunity for it.
>>
>>380467539
POOR SWITCH GUY
>>
File: 1479742469667.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1479742469667.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>380467814
>he thinks Nintendo will ever get another Monster Hunter after this
>>
>>380467748
There's no console war it's literally just man children who have a hard on for Nintendo and feel betrayed because Capcom decided to make their franchise more appealing instead of putting it on underpowered hardware.
>>
but WHERE
ARE
THE
CATS
>>
I really hope the environments are as interactive and dynamic as I hope. One of my biggest complaints with MH series, as someone who has played since the original game, is that after the initial hunt of a monster you know where it starts and its flight order. There are parts of maps that you never fight a single monster in and serve basically no purpose.
>>
>>380467668
>3ds
>>
>>380467660
>I AM SILLY
Yeah, I didn't see a single person calling it "casualized western garbage" or saying that sony payed to not be released on the switch.
Stay mad.
>>
Never played a MH, world looked neat so looking into it for the first time. With all the shit everyone seems to be raising a shitstorm about (instant gathering, grapple hook, firefly things, stealth in bushes, no timer, changing equipment at base camp, etc.) how much does that actually devalue/ruin the game?

Because to an outsider, they seem like small changes that, yes, do make the game easier, but don't subtract from what I THOUGHT was the core of monster hunter, hunting monsters so you can taking their pieces so you can make new gear so you can hunt BIGGER monsters?

Am I incorrect in thinking this, or is there something I'm missing? Or... what?
>>
MH world just had a really shitty, casual catering trailer.
Once they show real gameplay you'll all be crying tears of joy
>>
>>380467539
>All of /v/ is playing the new monster hunter
>Switchfags are still begging for their 3DS port to be localized
I'd be salty too
>>
>>380467960
Palicos are confirmed, prowler mode removed though
>>
>>380462328
No word about carting limit? Because I can already hear youtube streamers: "Yeah! We took down that Silver Rathalos! It took us 50 tries and a million potions but we did it!" with this lax system
>>
>>380467936
Yea instead they'll just put World on the Vita 2... oh wait that doesn't exist.
Face facts. Console games don't sell in Japan, and that means there are about 3-3.5 million Monster Hunter fans there who will be clamoring for another Switch or 3DS game.
>>
>>380467814
NEVER
E
V
E
R
>>
>>380465298
I know /v/ is full of bullshit about the health bar because the very first cheat you always run into when cfw is available is healthbar. Japs are also autistic about damage values and force in health bars into everything so they can see how much their strongest attacks do in one hit.
>>
>>380467936
>MH Worlds clearly demanding substantially more resources than any MH in the past
>Coming into a platform where the supposed hardcore GOTY, Bloodborne, hasn't even broken the sales of MHTri, as well as XBone with all 10 of its JP fans, and PC, who will obviously pirate this game out of existence

Sure buddy. Once this game sells 5M across all platforms and costs Capcom 9 times as much to develop and advertise, they're certainly going to be willing to keep investing in this dumpster fire.
>>
>>380467942
or maybe it's experienced or veteran players of the series that are concerned about these new mechanics pandering to casuals. Why can't we discuss about using items while walking, ability to teleport back to base camp mid hunt for free without some faggot inserting his console war bullshit?
>>
>>380467936
Well, XX is coming. Possibly. Maybe.

>>380467996
3DS still has games coming out next year. Capcom would shit out another MH for it as quick as possible if they needed to. Never underestimate the bullshit Capcom would pull.
>>
>>380467942
>B-BUT NINTENDO BOOGEYMEN
>B-BUT SONY BOOGEYMEN
It is console war shit, just like you are trying to perpetuate right fucking now, fuck off.
>>
>>380468179
Do you actually believe this, or do you have no understanding of why MH is popular in Japan in the first place?
>>
>>380466536
Kill yourself newfag. Fuck off the MH threads
>>
>>380468010
We don't know shit about it besides tweets and the latest videos. It's salty nintendofags shitposting, just like it was sonyfags years ago.

This series causes console faggotry like none other. The series used to be Sony exclusive which then jumped ship to Nintendo (bouncing between several consoles and handhelds all the while) before getting a mainline game on everything but Nintendo.
>>
YFW Capcom confirms XX isn't coming in order to not confuse the market.
>>
As a new Switch owner I'm still pretty bummed Mario will be the only thing to look forward to in Fall.

Nintendo is releasing THREE competitive games that I have no interest in whatsoever by then.

I guess I'll continue with with nip training until the Japanese release of XX hits Switch.
>>
>>380462328
This isn't an mmo is it? I can play it entirely offline right?
>>
Why do people care so much about the fast traveling thing?
The only time it'd be useful is if you forget a trap on a capture mission or if you mismatch the weakness of the monster. Or maybe if you run out of paintballs
If you come prepared you literally never need to use it, it's just a quality of life change

I'd forget to bring traps on captures occasionally and would be forced to go through a loading screen and hunt failed screen. Glad this change is in personally
>>
Nintendo autismos are mad because their only good franchise, though severely castrated because it had to run on a 3ds, is on every other system BUT Nintendo shit. Maybe it could be on Nintendo shit if they stopped blowing loads over gimmicky consoles with shit hardware.
>>
>>380468223
>5M
Try 3M at max.
2 million is the most likely though, 2.4 million after it goes through a bunch of steam sales where PC owners buy it for pennies then claim how well it sold despite making the company barely anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (483KB, 1280x1841px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483KB, 1280x1841px
I'm mean, it makes sense that you can't release two Monster Hunters on the same console in One year, else they would cannibalize each other.

Maybe if the demand for portable MH is strong enough, Switch will get World G in 2019.
>>
>>380462823
Drones, everyone. Making shit up, deliberately lying. SEETHING, FOAMING at the mouth because the game is on everything but a switch.

This is the best thing to come out of this e3 by far.
>>
File: 1488557302408.png (32KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1488557302408.png
32KB, 808x805px
>>380468223
>>380468486
>Is n-not going to s-sell! It wont feel right!
>>
>>380468385
I'm expecting it, 100%. Even if they did, i'd fully expect them to release it close after Worlds, so that when it doesn't sell, they can say "I guess you don't want MH on the Switch", and then they don't have to split the franchise.
>>
>>380467942
Nop, it's just Sonyg.gers maximum shitposting like usual. As a MonHun fag, I actually don't give a fuck, the Switch is getting MHXX and MHX could be good, who know.
>>
File: assassins creed.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
assassins creed.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>Damage numbers

Oh please fucking no. I'm so goddamn tired of this meme. I do not need to see the numbers behind my attacks. I get it, it's a videogame, damage values are tied to integers - I don't need to be fucking reminded about it.
>>
>>380468458
>Why do people care so much about the fast traveling thing?

A costless "Get out of hot shit free" card is beyond casual garbage. If you fail the mission for fast traveling away, that might be fine. But we have nothing to indicate that this is Capcom's intention here.
>>
>>380468454
Yeah there'll be offline. MH is basically a more action oriented MMO where the drops actually matter.
>>
>>380466035
>no 1k hours

fucking casuals
>>
File: 1468088319981.jpg (38KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
1468088319981.jpg
38KB, 600x682px
>"Let's dumb down a bunch of staple series mechanics to get westerners to buy our game. Surely our loyal fans won't be alienated by these changes!"
Despite wishing for a proper console MH for years, this was the last thing I wanted to happen to the franchise. It's some monkey's paw bullshit
>>
>>380468470
Nobody except you keeps crying about this, everyone's talking about the new mechanics civilly, you're making yourself look more like a moron regurgitating this console war shit
>>
>>380466035
FU: 150 hours Hammer/LS
3U: 500 hours Hammer
4U: 800 hours Hammer/CB/GS

I didn't play the shit show that was Gen.
>>
File: 1480305421484.jpg (30KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1480305421484.jpg
30KB, 600x503px
>>380468369
Monster Hunter World is literally perfect for shitposting and console faggotry.

Nintendo fags are livid and Sony fags are smug as fuck. I'm hoping MHW's updated re-release ends up being Switch exclusive or something equally ridiculous
>>
File: 8e8.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
8KB, 509x619px
I don't really care about this game but pretty much the only way we can get a proper Monster hunter that isn't held back by a shitty 240p screen and one analog stick is if this does well in the west and we all know that isn't happening
>>
>>380466035
>FU: 500h Lance/HBG
>P3rd: 100h Lance
>3U: 300h GL/HBG
>4U: 1000+h All weapon 100+uses, SnS&Bow 500+
>Gen: 400h DB/HBG
>MHXX: 350h LS/HBG

And I will enjoy World just like every other game
>>
>>380468674
You can probably just turn them off in the options.
>>
File: 1494559416869.png (1MB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1494559416869.png
1MB, 788x872px
>>380468251
>Being this autistic

Holy shit man it's early and I don't think I can try to process your logic right now. It's not a console war if literally every other console but the switch has it, it boils down to hardware. It's not like Capcom said "fuck the switch", the japs just fucked up and made an underpowered system. You should've known this before you bought their systems, faggot.
>>
>>380468674
There will be a way to turn it off, even if not at release it's an easy patch. This complaint is over literally nothing.
>>
File: 1493085768417.png (40KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
1493085768417.png
40KB, 244x206px
>Generations.X,XX were all hated before Worlds announcement
>After Worlds announcement Nintendo toddlers suddenly praise them
>>
>>380468232
Using items while walking and firing while walking could be a good thing.
They can make monsters faster or more aggressive since you don't have to be standing on the same place to do these things.

>ability to teleport back to base camp mid hunt for free
Did they confirm this?
>>
>Best case scenario the game does well in the west and we get a proper Monster Hunter series
>Worst case it bombs and goes back to being mainly a Japanese series
No down sides, there is absolutely no way Capcom can kill monster hunter, if it dies they would die as well because at this point i am sure its the only thing that keeps them from going under.
>>
>>380468598
Fuck off with your console war shit, nigger.
>>
>>380468458
Farcasters can be used as an easy escape mechanic if you fuck up. It's an instantaneous teleport/get out of jail free card. Additionally base camp has a free heal in older games. However you're only limited to one. If the new fast travel mechanic is the same as a farcasters and base camp has all the amenities plus gear switching, it's a pretty terrible design choice.
>>
>>380468146
Kek, now I'm imagining mainstream Youtubers like Pewdiepie, Markiplier(only one I like desu), and jacksepticeye playing this.

Also, expect a "Monster Hunter World React!" playthrough on Finebros.
>>
The damage value complaint is literally a non factor. EVERYONE who loves MH literally goes to Kiraneco or pings or watever and looks up the motion values, damage zones, and any balance changes every game. Literally NO ONE sits there fighting the same monster and targeting specific damage zones with different attacks dozens of times to optimize their damage. They fucking LOOK IT UP like everyone else. Now, new comers don't have to look shit up and can learn naturally by seeing what they are doing that is most effective for monsters. Also purists can just turn the numbers off.
>>
No flex animation after healing is the biggest worry for me, the whole game revolves around that
>>
>>380467539
Can't wait to play with jap hunters desu
>>
>>380468598
If you can name one PS4 game that has sold over a million physical units in Japan, I will eat my own shit right now on camera right now for all of /v/ to see.
Just one.
Any game is fair game, but you have to name one.
>>
>>380468898
The new travel is confirmed unlimited
>>
>>380468718
>implying you'll be able to fast travel with a hueg monster breathing down your back.

It will go like this
>running the fuck away from a mobster going through whatever it needs to go through to get to you. No loading screens to escape through so good luck
>you call a bird to come pick you up and take you to the base
>bird says "fuck you. Shake off that big guy first"
>>
>>380468956
>physical
lmao why does that matter?
>>
>>380468862
Good observation and true.
>>
>>380462328
I thought the nips were all about handhelds, wonder why capcom is putting their next mainline game on console instead? is this just a case of the term "mainline" being very vague?
>>
>All these people pretending to not buy the game because it's "too easy" now
>are most likely nintendo fags that didn't have the means to buy it in the first place
Monster Hunter has been casualized for like 2-3 games in a row now.
>>
>>380468852
>Still trying to push this console war shit.
Last (you) that you are getting, fuck off with this stupid shitposting.
>>
File: 1479755608511.png (251KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479755608511.png
251KB, 450x450px
as long as the gameplay feels like MonHun ill be happy, if the bigger weapons feel slow and heavy and more importantly my BoomStick better get some buffs.
at the moment im cautiously optimistic
>>
>>380468794
Hey man tits, how hard are you breathing right now?
>>
File: dog.jpg (54KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
54KB, 500x667px
>>380467539
>Can play with everyone
>Besides Nintendo fags who took the series
Pottery
>>
>>380469069
Because technically FFXV has sold 1.02 million units when you throw in digital, which is still pathetic sales for the FF series.
>>
>can't have a good MH thread on /v/ any more.

bye /v/eddit
>>
THE RUMOUR WAS RIGHT
>>
File: hhk.jpg (21KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
hhk.jpg
21KB, 317x267px
>>380462419
>>*Capcom thought about giving the monsters health bars due to a majority of people. Globally, fans requested for a way to see how much damage they were dealing, so Capcom decided to add damage numbers to the this game.
Hahahaha. The casualization begins.

You literally don't have to actually find out what's the monster's weakspot, look for blood splatters, bouncing off, stagger caps etc. You just see fucking MMORPG numbers.

>Lots of vertical combat, more than MH4. Seems all hunters have a grappling hook.
Yeah, because hardcore fans LOVED that verticality about 4 and not only the utterly braindead scrubs.

>The monsters interactions with each other was very cool, they encountered 3 different large monsters during demo.
Love muh cinematics.

>>380464347
Yeah, right? SOUNDS AWESOME. Are you from NeoGAF too? Are you Ziggy from NeoGAF? I LOVE casual games too.
>>
>>380469015
Fuck me lol. Thanks capcom
>>
>>380469078

There's a big chance nips will still get their portable versions, but they may stop localizing them here.
>>
>>380468718
How is it a get out of jail free card? In all other Monster Hunters if you needed to buy time for yourself you could just walk to a different area
And that doesn't require menu navigation or a large trek back
>>
>>380468956
Monster Hunter World will sell over a million in Japan.
>>
>>380469105
Nintendo baby mad, guess you'll have to play last gen shit that your hardware is good enough for.
>>
>>380465527
Is this bait? who really cares about non combat foraging animations that stop your movement?
>>
I've always been interested in playing a Mon Hun game but never got around to. Might give this a shot if it turns out to be good. I also feel REALLY bad for the makers of Dauntless, they were making a MMO Not Monster Hunter game and now they are probably like "Oh shit, we gotta step up our game." I mean it's not totally bad because competition is always a good thing.
>>
holy shit the 4chan leak was right

time for MH5 portable
>>
File: 88.jpg (174KB, 944x1121px) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
174KB, 944x1121px
>>380469242
All of this. It's kinda sad how happy people in this thread are about those infos. Unironically happy. Damn... This board is dead.

It's actually westernized for the Skyrim/DD pleb fans and /v/ eats it up.
>>
File: 1497217447884.jpg (170KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1497217447884.jpg
170KB, 600x580px
>>380468040
I think they really deserve this after shit posting nonstop about how "sony will never get another monster hunter game" after that shitty handheld port was announced. They deserve every bit of this. They got all excited over a fucking port while everyone else gets a brand new game. You can't make this shit up.
>>
File: 1382836347395.png (510KB, 459x488px) Image search: [Google]
1382836347395.png
510KB, 459x488px
>>380467323
Oh man, I really don't like this one. Potions are so hard to use in previous games with how long they take, and for good reason. This is the first change that has a serious impact on the gameplay, now it's infinitely less risky to fight a monster up close and personal.

This especially doesn't feel necessary in the game that's adding stealth as a mechanic, I don't like this at all.
>>
>>380465527
HAHAHA OH MAN. Please tell me you're a sonnyger or pc shorter false flagging.

If you're an actual nindrone complaining that there's no animations for picking up honey and shrooms in non combat situations then you are beyond saving/convincing.
>>
File: queen of pol.jpg (155KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
queen of pol.jpg
155KB, 600x800px
>>380469297
Well, Nintendo fans have taste. I hate XX and I hate World. Both is shit.

We aren't fanboys. You are fanboys. We buy Nintendo because we have taste. You buy Playstation because a Nintendo fan was mean to you once.
>>
>>380469078
>I thought the nips were all about handhelds, wonder why capcom is putting their next mainline game on console instead?
I got called paranoid when i posted this earlier, so i expect it again, but, the leak for this game, that gave off a lot of the details we know, said that Sony paid for it not to come to the Switch, as they see that as being their direct competitor when it would come to selling Monster Hunter. Whether this is true or not, we're guaranteed to never know, but it makes sense. Sony wants a bigger grasp on the Jap market, and having a game like this, with no portable version, could help.
>>
>>380469276
It might sell 1.1 million if it's lucky and marketing is as strong as it was for Tri.
But remember, no game in the much more popular PS3 sold 2 million units, and only 1 (FFXIII) sold over 1.5 million units.

It's unlikely though, FF is a much more popular series for console owners than MH is. MH has never done particularly well on consoles ever, which is why the series moved to handheld.
>>
>>380468586
fucking this LMAO
>>
>>380468862
Because X/XX were bizarre alien mods to the classic MH formula. Worlds looks nothing like classic MH and is pissing off veterans even more.

>LMAO CASUAL ANIME BULLSHIT STYLES/ARTS
>Meanwhile the game has Prompt Hookshots to re-attach to mounts, web swinging through the woods, and magic waypoint markers

>LMAO NONE OF THESE MONSTERS FIT THE REAAAAL SETTING
>Meanwhile Valfalk is no different from Kirin, despite being everybody's favorite XX whipping boy. On the other hand, Booger Rex stands in stark contrast with every Brute Wyvern due to its absolute lack of design theory, and Not-Zamtrios is also lacking in any uniqueness other than being a Voreosaurus

>THE MECHANICS ARE THE SAME, FUCKING NINTENDIDDLERS
>Auto-mount, hookshot re-mount, machinegun LBG, ghillie suit, sneaking away from SMALL MONSTERS, and scripted setpieces galore
>>
>confirmed to be by mainline team
>confirmed to be MH5 with a different name
>confirmed to be be made in Japan
>confirmed to have all 14 weapons from 4
>confirmed to have drop in multiplayer and traditional multiplayer
>confirmed to be worked on and polished for 4 years
>confirm to have option to toggle damage numbers
>confirmed to have insect glaive returning
>confirmed to have toggle options for fireflies that guide your way
>confirmed to have shorter load times but not be open world
>confirmed to have quality of life improvements like shorter pickup times
>confirmed to not be HEAVILY westernized due to traditional gameplay staying exactly the same with some improvements
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>380469094
I won't buy it cause I'm gonna pirate it
>>
>>380469271
id be pissed if they stop bringing portable MH over since I enjoy being able to play on the go
>>
>>380469492
Pc shitter***
>>
so was the leak right?

Everything is lining up now
>was called MH5 just like rumoured
>is casualised and western-focused just as rumoured

Will we see MH5P then?
>>
WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT GUY WHO KEPT POSTING THAT SONY WOULD NEVER GET ANOTHER MH GAME
>>
>>380462328
>>380462419
I haven't played this series since the original and seeing it come back to a console makes me actually look forward to it, especially the global servers. Just partying up with some random Jap bros then going out to explore and kill monsters.
>>
>>380469572
Yes, this >>380469242
>>
>>380469665
probably by the XX team like that one youtuber was saying.
>>
>>380468458
So much this. People just like to jump the gun and not think just for a second. QoL changes are not bad for a series. As long as the core gameplay of hunting monsters is there everything is good to go.
>>
>>380469526
Sales in Japan won't matter for World. They've said multiple times that World is made specifically for the Western audience. Japan sales are just a bonus. At most Japan will be kept happy with a portable series.
>>
>>380462328
Serious question here: Why the fuck would the developers call the game a spin-off as soon as it's revealed? That would only make you lose sales, it would be retarded as fuck.

MH5 is still happening.
>>
>>380469671
>SONY WON! XD

Jesus, can't you stupid fatasses care about games for once? World sounds like 50% shit at this point, actually catering to... eh... well, you guys.
>>
>>380469665
The MHXX B team will keep making portable games with Hunter arts
>>
>>380469498
Why on God's Earth would I buy any console? I have a PC, I like being able to upgrade and run games at how I want not how they're given to me.
>>
>>380462328
>Hunters can now hunt freely without being held back by the main objective/quest, even if the quest is complete. Hunters can hunt freely without any limits now.

This is the best news. I hated the stupid time limit shit. The environments are fun as hell to just chill in.
>>
File: mhw.jpg (78KB, 1010x925px) Image search: [Google]
mhw.jpg
78KB, 1010x925px
Reminder that this was posted in October before XX was even announced, we didn't even have the name XX at the time.
Reminder that everything about this has been correct so far, even though it's completely nonsensical for a MH game to release on xbox normally.
The more core portable series from PSP era is coming back, this is a thing everyone should be celebrating regardless of console of choice.

>inb4 someone posts the "follow up" posts that were proven correct even though that was posted a day later by a larper.
>>
>>380469819
The devs literally said the opposite. Worlds is a main game.
>>
>>380466035
toukiden 2 - 60 hours
>>
>>380468586
Trueeeeeeee
>>
>>380468898
>old monster hunter doesn't have any get out of jail free cards
>just walk out of the area with the monster
>chug, eat, sharpen
It's the same shit anon just in a different form to make the open world work. The people who are good still wont use it though because it will drastically increase hunt time
>>
>>380470007
Except is not open world retard.
>>
Have they said how much recovery items or usable items you could carry from the base camp? you could technically have infinite if you could keep going back there and getting more
>>
>>380469819
>Why the fuck would the developers call the game a spin-off as soon as it's revealed?
Exactly this. It would be the stupidest thing in the world to say "Hello E3! We're happy to announce Monster Hunter World! The Western spinoff of Monter Hunter!". It doesn't mean it can't be a mainline game though. It could be the mainline console western version and 5 could be the mainline portable version. Graphics whores and purists will both be happy. Capcom gets double the money. Win Win.
>>
>>380470029
I figured you didn't even read my post, you just put together some random words and probably misquoted me.
>>
>>380470007
Okay, great, will get it on both switch and PC
>>
>>380470007
I'd be pretty pleased if this happens. The portable series were tons of fun.
>>
File: Clap3QNWEAAkbIe.jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Clap3QNWEAAkbIe.jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
>>380470007
>Mainline games gets released on PS4, Xbox and PC
>Portable games by the other team gets released on 3DS and Switch
Who won? Man this is too easy, thank you MH
>>
>>380470132
>>just walk out of the area with the monster
>Fireball, Laser, Lightning streak, pounce, roar, etc.

Have you never used a farcaster?
>>
>>380470142
Seamless transitions between areas is also an element, an important element, of an open world. So yes, it is open world
>>
>>380470029
No! Stop! Let them have this or their tears will never subside.

>>380469819
Yesssss good job buddy! It is a spin-off and it'll fail miserably, just wait, Capcom will come crawling back to you!
>>
>>380470132
>>380470132
THIS. And now there are no areas to walk out of.

Did you see in that trailer how fucking long that monster was chasing the player?
>>
>>380470132
>just walk out of the area with the monster
Monsters could still chase though right?
>>
Im still skeptical about the stuff that PR guy is saying. something about the dude rubs me the wrong way
maybe im just paranoid after all the demios bullshit
>>
>>380470297
>is open world because I changed the definition of open world

Epic
>>
>>380470282
Who won? We all do. Mainline for casual/graphics whores and portable for the more standard MH experience. This is all assuming Capcom doesn't act like an idiot and not bring over the portable series to not confuse normies.
>>
>>380470142
It's larger world, there's no timers, and traditional missions are gone. The world will probably be seamless, with the camps acting as towns you just go back and forth between.
The leaker was completely right

No one should be mad really. Capcom will just go on to announce Monster Hunter Freedom ____ next year for Switch, World will continue development and so on.
>>
>>380470302
>to you

Nigga everyone can play this game, it's coming out on every platform, there are exactly 0 people that own exclusively a Nintendo Switch and care about a franchise like Monster Hunter.

Hell I'll probably play it better than you since the only people shilling this game are Sony roaches and you get the worst version.
>>
>>380470282
The side that doesn't get the b team
>>
>>380470402
>PR guy is saying
For me it's his avatar. It pisses me off so much and I have no idea why.
>>
>>380470413
So what is a open world to you? You can get to areas, there is no loading screen between those large areas, that IS an open world
>>
File: monster hunter deal.jpg (102KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
monster hunter deal.jpg
102KB, 960x637px
>Nintendo Switch gets a MH spinoff port based on the old PSP game engine from the portable series
>Meanwhile PS4,Xbox, and PC gets the new mainline Monster Hunter with a brand new game engine

what went wrong between nintendo and the monster hunter team? I thought the monster hunter team hated sonys guts after portable 3rd?
>>
>>380466035
MHFU: 120 hours; GS
MH3U: 110 hours; GS and GL
MH4U: 400 hours; CB, GS, and SA
MHG: 50 hours; SA
>>
>>380470007

The only problem with this scenario is that Capcom might not bother to release the portable games overseas because they don't make that AAA Blockbuster money like the new World series of games do. Their apparent lack of interest in bringing XX Switch over despite the fact that localization is already like 75% finished in favor of pushing World is super concerning.

If you're a fan of real Monster Hunter, I hope you enjoy learning to read moon.
>>
>>380470567
It's literally the same as always except without loading screens lol, open world is just the most popular memeword marketers use
>>
>>380470427
If they don't Nintendo will publish it instead, since it basically helps them fill up their catalog of the whole "1 big game a month" thing for a few games.
>>
>>380470521
>Everyone I don't like has a PS4

Holy shit this is the 3rd time in the thread, I have a PC but nice try kiddo
>>
>>380470642
If the leak is right (it is so far), switch version would be more mainline than the """MAINLINE""" we have right now. Won't be surprised if it uses MT frameworks too, since the engine is on the Wii U
>>
>MH World advances the series to new heights with a couple of things old time players may be irked on
>B team continues the road X/generations is taking and adds more and more styles and super moves that trivialize the combat

The future
>>
>>380470642

Cross isn't a spinoff.
>>
>>380470778
Every sony roach says they have a PC bro but for some reason they play all multiplats on the PS4. Go search some speccy image in google to make it more legit.
>>
>>380470654
If XX or a Switch Monster Hunter doesn't get confirmed for NA by next E3 I'll just learn Nip
>>
>>380470567
Thats like saying God Eater is open world because there are no loading screens even though areas still have Letters. Stop posting you are an idiot.
>>
>Was around for the Sony salt after MH Tri and 3G
>Now the Nintendo salt for MHW going to everything but them
What a time to be alive
>>
Look guys. This is just how gaming works. A niche series starts to become more popular and some casual players start to get interested. The barrier of entry is a bit high so the developers add some QOL enhancements to ease them into the game more. The following sequel will then either be further streamlined or stay as is. What will happen in the case of MH is yet to be seen. But my point is this happens to EVERY FRANCHISE and it will always continue to happen. Stick to indies if you want to avoid this. And to close it off if MH were to change too drastically one of it's competitors will go with the old formula.
>>
>>380470785
NO NO NO NO. SONY ALWAYS WINS FUCK OFF WITH THIS RUMOR
>>
Open area is the correct term to use. Didn't they say there's still hub villages? The actual maps just lack the loading screens
>>
File: 1492581902952.png (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1492581902952.png
2MB, 1600x1600px
>MHW fails
>Capcom goes under because they butchered the only franchise that kept them afloat
>Street Fighter, Megaman, Resident Evil, Dragons Dogma, Devil May Cry all freed from Capcoms horrible grasp
This is a necessary sacrifice, this has to happen Monster Hunter bros, but you will come back stronger once the storm is over, we all will.
>>
>>380470007
But missions are in World tho.
>>
in the worst case scenario that the MHW and capcom refuses to localize XX at least i can import XX and use google translate or something to read the quests
>>
>>380470282
>Who won?
Idorts. Every time.
>>
>>380470908
>areas still have letters
What?

So what is an open world to you?
>>
>>380470642
The Freedom / Portable series is the best era of Monster Hunter mechanics so I hardly see how anything went 'wrong'.
>>
I own a PS4 and I don't think I want world. Looks like uncharted with a monster hunter skin, which isn't what I wanted when people told me the PS4 was finally getting monster hunter.
>>
>>380470757
Can't Capcom say "no" to Nintendo for publishing it? Square did that for Dragon Quest.
>>
>>380470778
That doesn't really counter his argument that everyone on /v/ will be able to play MH Worlds so this is not a lost for anyone, therefore your line of thought is flawed in this post >>380470302
>>
>>380470785
>switch version would be more mainline
so more 2004 playstation portable tier graphics and rehashed fights
>>
File: 1495861139710.gif (953KB, 330x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495861139710.gif
953KB, 330x300px
>>380467323
Fucking Dropped, back to FU for me.
>>
>>380470898
>Hates Worlds for looking too casual
>But will learn a language to play the single most casualized and cancer ridden iteration of the franchise.
This is how you know most of these faggots are mad nintentoddlers and not actually MHfags.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-14-17-55-17.png (631KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-14-17-55-17.png
631KB, 720x1280px
>>380462823
Anyone else sick and tired of salty Nintendo fans shitting up MH games?
>>
>>380470898

If XX doesn't get confirmed within the next month, it's not happening.

Any later and it'll cannibalize Stories. Hold it off until after that, and it'll be competing with World. After that, it'll be over a year old and probably considered to irrelevant to bother.

Summer release or nothing.
>>
As someone who owns all the consoles I am fine with this.
>>
>>380470994
They're more like quests than missions, since there are way more than one big monster per map at any given time.
>>
>>380471110
Maybe, but the mechanics will be more similar to the mainline titles
>>
File: 1400219425238.jpg (228KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1400219425238.jpg
228KB, 1200x900px
>>380470874
>new heights
>Sneaking away from Small Monsters
>Auto-mount
>Jumping still confirmed, and doesn't alert a monster
>Hookshotting back to a mount
>Hookshotting out of harm's way
>Scripted monster vs monster encounters
>Scripted monsters damaging the environment
>LBG is now just a machinegun
>Ghillie suit for maximum Operator points
>Waypoint markers so we can also just play Skyrim
>New monsters are so devoid of design components that most fans were only happy to see a Rathalos still in the game

"No"
>>
>>380471138
Can't wait to see more anime bullshit in MH
>>
I really wish this game was PS4 exclusive.

Sony deserve this.
>>
>>380470948
Still numbered areas, although larger, just instead of jarring loading screens separating them its seamless transitions probably through loading hallways.
The ones i thought i could see in the trailer was the under water part, him pushing through the vines and running away from the notTrex
>>
File: 1497450339738.png (113KB, 641x918px) Image search: [Google]
1497450339738.png
113KB, 641x918px
>>380471159
FFS, wrong pic.
>>
>>380471181
That's why I said XX or a new MH portable game for west.
Because the west has missed out on every other MH game. The only time we got two in a row was 4U -> Generations.
>>
>>380471159
>console war shitposter is a phoneposting redditor underage newfag

color me surprised
>>
>>380471181
>If XX doesn't get confirmed within the next month, it's not happening.
That's nonsense. It's taken them longer than a year to localize shit in the past.
>>
>>380471269
it's going to play best on ps4 thanks to exclusive dlc weapons, armor, and quests. you also bet online will be most populated on ps4.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 983x477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 983x477px
>>380462328
This actually sounds amazing.

MH seriously needed evolution, because it was just Disgaea tier autismal grind and battle against shitty controls and animations.
>>
File: 1475726323425.jpg (35KB, 598x327px) Image search: [Google]
1475726323425.jpg
35KB, 598x327px
>>380462419
>Capcom decided to add damage numbers to the this game.

fucking dropped
>>
>>380471283
>>380471159
Nope. I'm loving every second of it.
>>
File: IMG_3793.jpg (149KB, 650x917px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3793.jpg
149KB, 650x917px
>>380471110

I'd hope that the next Switch Monster Hunter actually looks like it was built for the system.
>>
>>380471138
>Implying I'd be learning Nipponese to play XX and not learning nipponese to play the superior portable series that will be coming after
>>
>>380462328
>*Originally, it was going to be called "Monster Hunter 5", but the development team really liked the name, "World"
More like because the higher-ups got cold feet and are trying to hedge their bets.

I'm still optimistic though. Hope the PC release isn't too badly delayed.

I wonder how/if they'll change the opening of the game. IMO it's probably the slow introduction that drives new players away.
>>
File: 1422912524865.png (186KB, 1088x687px) Image search: [Google]
1422912524865.png
186KB, 1088x687px
>>380469498
>Well, Nintendo fans have taste.
>>
>>380462328
>capcom killing my favorite for a western audience.
I mean its capcom but come the fuck on. Theres a limit to stupidity.
ill still end up playing it on pc
>>
File: 1495713367773.jpg (77KB, 611x622px) Image search: [Google]
1495713367773.jpg
77KB, 611x622px
This is just too good
>>
>>380470884
>cross doesn't have a number like
>MH1
>MH2
>MH3
>MH4
>MH5(world's)
Sorry honey, it's a spinoff : ^)
>>
>>380471391
>exclusive dlc
You'll get a Kratos costume + weapon and they'll call it a day.
>>
>>380471283
get your console war faggot file organized, sonyg.ger
>>
I'm soooo gonna pirate this on muh PC.
>>
>>380466035

800 hours total in MHF, MHF2, MHP2G
skipped 3rd and 4th gen
another 800 hours in MH:X

holding my shekels from MH:XX, not really into paying a second time for the same game.
>>
>>380469572
You forgot
>No prowlers
>>
>>380471371

It took less than a year to localize Gen. Announced in May, five months later, out in July. XX is an expansion of Gen that literally copypastes half of it's content from it. In theory, it should be an even shorter turn around.
>>
>>380471573
Wrong. They avoided naming it 5 to not confuse the new market they're aiming for.
>>
>>380471357
>Samefag spotted
>>
>>380469498
>We buy Nintendo because we have taste. You buy Playstation because a Nintendo fan was mean to you once.

I'll have to agree with this, nintentards disregard games like TLoU and Uncharted because they genuinely don't like that type of games. Sony fags usually hate everything Nintendo makes but would love it if it was in their platform, like that shop of Mario 3D World on PS4 they kept posting, you don't see a single Nintentard crying for Horizon.
>>
>>380471573
>MHW is MH5
Haha you poor soul, unfortunatly thats not the case, MH5 will still be on nintendos consoles. But hey atleast you got a monster hunter game, probably the only one you will get so enjoy it i guess :)
>>
>>380471220
But they're still called missions.

Also what the fuck is the difference between a quest and a mission? Seem's like some tamato tàmato type shit.
>>
>>380471656

Is there a reason to play P2G over FU?
>>
>>380471879
>MH5 will still be on nintendos consoles
nope, MH team hates Nintendo now. All they get is ports and spinoffs now.
>>
>>380462328
Who gives a fuck if it's a spin-off or not? What's with all of the elitist bullshit going on in these threads? Is this how the fanbase of the series seriously acts? The game looks fun, stop acting like a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>380471573

They have never once called it a spinoff, while stuff like Diary got the label right out the gate.
>>
File: 1494390767275.jpg (32KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1494390767275.jpg
32KB, 615x456px
>WHOA MONSTERS DAMAGING THE ENVIRONMENT IN SCRIPTED WAYS
>what is tundra in 3rd gen with jho
>WHOA MONSTERS ATTACKING EACH OTHER IN SCRIPTED WAYS
>a feature they've been touting since 3rd gen that has never meant anything
Is anyone actually impressed by this bullshit?
>>
>>380470567
Open World means the whole map is open like in Horizon. In MHH is the same shit as previous games. You go to the hunters lounge, group with your friends and choose the mission. Desert, Swamp, Forest etc but they are big spaces with no loading.
>>
File: 1385732473654.gif (569KB, 162x152px) Image search: [Google]
1385732473654.gif
569KB, 162x152px
So are you telling me that EVERYONE gets to play the new fancy MH game besides Nintendofags?
>>
File: 1496944828591.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1496944828591.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>380464095
gladly, I have a PC and a Switch so I can still play MH
>>
>>380462328
>>380462419
I'm in love.

I've been playing since Tri so I know most of this is heresy to the monster hunter fanbase.

So I'm probably going to leave these threads since I know I'm not welcomed. Good Job bringing facts and not shitposts, op.
>>
>>380472062
normies who have never touched the series if i had to wager a guess
>>
File: 1497374278017.gif (344KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1497374278017.gif
344KB, 400x221px
>>380471245
>Capcom confirmed that Monster's have better AI and thus interact with each other
>"it's scripted"
>>
>>380471679
>It took less than a year to localize Gen.
And we didn't hear shit about 4 until years later with 4U and the west still got that months later.

There is no consistent pattern with these things.
>>
>>380472069
no because i dont know a single person that ONLY owns a nintendo console
>>
might try it on pc if it is on steam/not w10 store shit.
>>
File: 1483994888402.jpg (129KB, 800x674px) Image search: [Google]
1483994888402.jpg
129KB, 800x674px
>>380464095
I bought 3 consoles to play MH, nothing will stop me
>>
>>380471970
>who gives a fuck about how MH was and how the newest MH game will be

fans of MH. maybe you and the rest of the shitposters should fuck off
>>
File: Guild Sweetheart.jpg (213KB, 787x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Guild Sweetheart.jpg
213KB, 787x1165px
>>380472223
Capcom has said a lot of things. Similarly "We're not changing anything" with the combat for this game.
>Auto-mounting
>Head-swing with a sword while mounting
>Hookshot re-mounting
>Machinegun LBG
Literally all lies until proven otherwise.
>>
>>380462328
>MUH MEINLYNE
Doesn't change the fact that all signs point to it being worse than Generations.
>>
>>380471138
>But will learn a language to play the single most casualized and cancer ridden iteration of the franchise.

I don't think he was talking about 4U
>>
>>380462328
All I fucking wanted was MH4U on Switch or PS4. Was that too much to ask for?
>>
>>380472415
t. butthurt 3ds/switch owner
>>
>>380466035
MH4: 2 hours
I think I used a sword. Game looked and played like ass so I dropped it.
>>
>>380466035
over 1000 hours in MHFreedom 1 and 2 combined
Over 500 in FU
Over 1000 in tri and 3u
Skiped 4th gen and X, no DS
>>
>>380472223
>People criticize the issues with gameplay in the trailer
>ITS JUST A TRAILER, YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL ANYTHING FROM IT, YOU ARE JUST NITPICKING
>People criticize how scripted monsters in the trailer were
>NO THATS THEIR BETTER AI, THINGS LIKE THIS WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN IN GAME!
>>
Anyone else disappointed by that shitty T-rex they showed off at the start?
>>
>>380471621
>console war
>hurr MH will flop only 300,000 views
>screencap to prove the idiot wrong
>This is console wars
>>
>>380471913
A mission is something you sign up to do, you do, then you collect your shit and leave the area.
A quest can be done alongside like 5 other quests.
>>
>>380471943
They're the same thing, genius.
>>
>>380470987
Trust me, you don't want that. Capcom will sell IPs to keep themselves up, but that just means that Tencent will get Monster Hunter.
>>
File: 1496691181693.png (33KB, 1060x722px) Image search: [Google]
1496691181693.png
33KB, 1060x722px
Everyone consolewarring in this thread has never even touched an MH game.
>>
>>380472592
>what are unpopular monsters?
>>
>>380472580
>People straight up lie about what they're seeing to shitpost
>get blown the fuck out
>People continue to lie even though they're blown out
>strawman responses
>>
File: 1486356829781.png (679KB, 832x904px) Image search: [Google]
1486356829781.png
679KB, 832x904px
>>380471950
>People who haven't played Monster Hunter don't remember when the 'spin off's were way better than mainline
Freedom Unite is still agreed by many to be the best game in the series, and it's a spin off part of the portable series.
>>
>>380472412
>I'm making up things but they are true until they prove me wrong it doesn't matter that nothing has been shown now excuse me while I pull more things out of my ass.

t.(you)
>>
>>380472592
Looks much better than the intro videos from all the other MH games, both Sony and Nintendo
>>
>>380472657
>but that just means that Tencent will get Monster Hunter.
Oh god please fuck no, this cannot ever happen, atleast any issues here can be fixed, if Tencent got a hold of the entire series that would be it.
>>
>>380472679
only objective FACT in this thread
>>
>>380472764
For their Great Jaggi, Giadrome etc I mean
>>
>>380472820
got some proofs?
>>
>>380472679
>getting angry at shitposting

Fuck off back to facebook if you can't handle it loser.
>>
>>380472412

That's a HBG by the way
>>
>>380472734
>its all there to see in the trailer
>NO YOUR LYING
>will all be there in the gameplay in a week
>NO YOUR STILL LYING LALALA CAN'T HERE YOU THE GAME WILL BE GREAT LALALALALA
>>
>>380472679
That's obvious this is /v/. /mhg/ is better for the same shitty discussions with SLIGHTLy less consolefagging
>>
>casualization is okay, as long as the game is not on Nintendo consoles
>>
>>380472369
>I am allowed to pass full judgment on a game based off of a two minute trailer and some details
Kill yourself
>>
God fuck sony for paying for this game, now every MH thread is a consolewar thread.
>>
>>380462328
Game is looking pretty good, I am worried about them removing flexing from potions though. It's a bad sign for the direction combat is heading. also giving the hunter infinity farcasters is a shitty decision too.
>>
File: ss (2017-06-14 at 01.28.47).jpg (20KB, 229x284px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-06-14 at 01.28.47).jpg
20KB, 229x284px
>>380462328
I have a PC, and with Rainway I can have it on the go whenever I want with my switch, but Fact is
A) Mon Hun biggest market is Japan
B) Japan biggest market is handhelds not consoles due to mobility and local MP
C) Pic related is how much the west actually care for the series
D) Frontier also flopped hard

the cake of all this would be Capcom trying to pull a Nier Automata out of this and just not even being able to outsell XX
>>
Is my bro Qurupeco going to be back? I saw that cunt Ludroth so there's a chance right?
>>
>>380472503
Get out
>>
>>380466035
MHFU: 700 hours - LS/Hammer
MHTri: 800 hours - SA/LS
MH3U: 400 hours - SA/GL
MH4U: 1000 hours - IG/SA
MHX: 400 hours - SA/GL
>>
>>380473026
Were you around when MH3G happened? The console war shitposting will die down again
>>
>>380471436
>option for damge numbers
This is literally you right now
>WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?!? CAPCOM GAVE ME AN OPTION TO SEE NUMBERS??? ACTUAL NUMERICAL DIGITS?!?!? FUUUUCK I'VE BEEN DOUBLE CROSSED YET AGAIN!!! NOOOOOO!!!!
: /
>>
>>380473063
have you even touched an mh game
>>
File: 1493832514656.jpg (187KB, 862x862px) Image search: [Google]
1493832514656.jpg
187KB, 862x862px
>>380469539
>Worlds looks nothing like classic MH and is pissing off veterans even more.

It looks like a fucking monster hunter game, stop being delusional.

>Oh no I don't have to visit the wiki to know my damages, that means the game is shit!

You console fanboys are the fucking worst.
>>
>>380472062
There was also a sneak function throughout the entire series and climbing since before MH4, and all of those along with what you listed were shitty and poorly implemented. People are impressed because those features are being expanded upon, retard.
>>
>>380472919
>get blown the fuck out by devs in Nip, English, and French
>continue to lie and peddle bullshit based on knowing nothing
>still getting blown the fuck out by devs in Nip, English, and French
>continue to strawman

Every. Single. Complaint. Y'all have to be tired of this shit already. First you lie about items, then you lie about sharpness, then you lie about armors, then you lie about cooking, then you keep up the QTE lie, then you lie about party hunting, it just never ends and you've been getting blown out three days in a row.
>>
>>380472864
casualizing grinding doesn't make it any more appealing to a fanbase that hates it. how many sales did MH get in the west again? i thought so.
>>
Im just glad monhun is on console again. Fuck handhelds.
>>
>>380472879
Which is stupid. HBG is not known for it's rapid fire, most of them are incredibly slow LBG is suppose to be fast, why didn't it get this? Also, walking while firing with a HBG. Why didn't they make it into a fucking cannon like it should have been.

LBG for machinegun fire, that makes sense. HBG for sniper shit, explosive rounds, piercing shots

What kind of shit is main team smoking that they forgot something so basic?
>>
>>380472983
>discussing the changes we know of is passing full judgement on a game

don't reply to me, retard
>>
>>380473149
>IG
>>
>>380472919
at least finish elementary school before you try writing on the internet
>>
>>380473031
I doubt the game will sell that well. I'm just going to enjoy my PC monster hunter as much as I can
>>
File: Duremudira.png (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Duremudira.png
164KB, 500x500px
>>380466035
MH3U: 120 hours, SnS
MHP3rd: 500 hours, LBG/SnS
MHFU: 400 hours, Longsword
MH4U: 1200 hours, Charge blade
MHX: 500 hours, Charge blade
MHGen: 400 hours, Charge blade
MHF-G: 600 hours (Currently playing), Tonfa/SnS

hype as fuck for worlds.
>>
>>380473031
>63rd
>actually unironically below Skyrim Switch
Ouch
>>
>>380473202
Are you mad at me for asking a question :^)
>>
>>380473319
But you don't know the changes. You just make shit up. You're the same type of fag that said the ghillie suit was infinite and the fireflies were hunter vision and infinite.
>>
>>380472702
Even unpopular monsters don't have an uninspired appearances.
>>
>>380473075
Im here to stay, worlds looks cool so I'll give it a go.
>>
Soo, ignoring /v/, does someone actually have reactions of the nip to this??? cause they have been the life and Blood of MH for the past 10+ years
>>
File: monster hunter stylin.jpg (832KB, 2132x1849px) Image search: [Google]
monster hunter stylin.jpg
832KB, 2132x1849px
I'm just leaving this here~
>>
File: 1494564394865.jpg (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1494564394865.jpg
22KB, 320x320px
>>380466035
MH - 60-70 hours. A Troublesome Pair hook me into MH forever
MHDos - 150+ hours. Actually grinded this game so much because they added bows.
MHFOkr - 3000+ hours. Played this grindfest until they closed the korean servers HR560+ LBG/GS main
MHFU - 600+ hours multiple playthrough GL and Hammer main
MHP3rd - 300+ hours multiple playthru aswell, DS main because they got revamped.
MH3U - 120 hours GL Main
MH4U - 300 Hours Hammer, DS and Glaive (dps glaive not mounting faggot)
I loved MH4U but the wait for content after hitting G3* in less than a month was cancer, couldnt even finish my Rath glaive waiting for gold and silver to be added.
Hoping that in World you can ignore all the gimmicky and just beat the crap out of monsters as usual.
>>
>>380473298
The Switch is a home console fucktard, no reason for it to not have this game. Just admit you hate nintendo because you love sony's BBC
>>
>>380473548
fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1430881536401.png (22KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1430881536401.png
22KB, 250x238px
>>380471049
>>
>>380473063
That wasnt a ludroth
>>
>>380472736
>People who've never played the games aren't aware that Freedom Unite is 2G in Japan
Well done moron.
>>
>>380473634
Jap trailer has 2mil views on jewtube
>>
>>380472596
>replied to your retarded wojack
>talks about a screencap from a different post
>>
>>380472580
It literally came out of Ryozo Tsujimoto's Japanese fucking mouth that Monster's are smarter so they can interact with each other. Shitposter-kun, your... your slacking...
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic bordering on conflicted. some of this stuff should just be QoL optional mechanics that's there for the casuals, but can be turned off so MH regulars can enjoy their core experience. I really hope there's a lot of on/off switches here. The fact that the damage numbers can be turned off confirmed, is a step in the right direction.

My biggest worry concerning casual design choices is the grapple hook. If it's unlimited in regards to mounting the monster, then imagine players spamming this and the entire match is the hunting group literally crawling all over the monster like ants. It'll be like how you can abuse Arial style when fighting Gammoth.
>>
>>380473643
Don't you dare bring Razgriz into your shitposting. Cum Historia doesn't deserve this kind of bullshit.
>>
>>380466035
200 in FU
600 in Tri G
800 in 4G
Like 50 in X because fuck styles and fuck that game. I'm a sucker for buying a sans G Rank title.

Don't own Switch or PS4.
Will pirate MHW and beat the SP to gauge it for myself. I expect to be s supremely disappointed. Fuck Capcom. Fuck them and their shitty, casual-friendly ideology. I entertain this could be a better MonHan than XX. But I think the series is well and truly dead.
>>
File: tonight why.jpg (45KB, 376x395px) Image search: [Google]
tonight why.jpg
45KB, 376x395px
>>380465749
ugh, you guys are awful but the OP in that thread is sammysonicfan levels of autistically in denial and salty.
>>
Is mhxx good?
>>
>>380462419
>Damage Numbers
I hope yoy can turn these off. Don't got much against it but I think its more inmersive the original way.
>>
>>380473643
Well jokes on you if Valfalk is confirmed for MHW
>>
>no more annoying long ass animations for harvesting materials

Thank god. Standing there spamming a button to capture bigs and mining was never ever fun.
>>
>>380473783
Except it's not, dumbass.
It's the G version of portable 2nd. AKA the G version of the portable series spinoff of 2.
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>380473909
Considering they've already confirmed mantles are on a cooldown, you need to gather ammo for the arm bow, and the hunter fireflies are an item what makes you think the grapple hook won't have a cooldown? It already has a confirmed limitation of only being able to grapple hardpoints in the environment for travel.
>>
>>380473953
G rank is artificial difficulty.
Glad it won't be in MHW.
>>
>>380473708
Nope, I dont own a switch but if pokemon rpg and metroid 4 look good and they come out with smtv exclusive I'll be buying one. Its more about the series not being hekd back by inferior hardware of the ds family.
>>
I'm scared that even with a more Western approach, MH won't sell all that well. Even in Japan for crying out loud! Looking at Tri's sales isn't reassuring.
>>
>>380465749
Salty switchfag obviously
>>
>>380469479
You can't fucking run to a new zone to heal up anymore you retards.

Monsters will constantly be on your ass. They had to do this
>>
File: NO FUN ALLOWED.gif (361KB, 174x172px) Image search: [Google]
NO FUN ALLOWED.gif
361KB, 174x172px
>>380473319
What discussion? All I see are you """"fans"""" bitching over the smallest changes.
>>
Was originally concerned that MHW would be some singleplayer spinoff, but the more I hear the more confident I'm becoming in it. Will be fun to play with friends that never got Nintendo hardware again.
>>
>>380474046
Before the Worlds announcement it was a terrible game. Now it is the best thing ever.
>>
>>380474149
Don't have to spam buttons after Generations
>>
>>380466035
FU - 1400 hours, GL
Tri- 1200 hours, SA
3U- Skipped it because I played Tri already and didn't have a 3DS/WiiU
4U- 1700 hours, SA. Still playing.
Gen-250 hours, SA. Quit because I hated Gen in every way.
XX-300 hours, SA. Quit for the same reason. Brave SA kept me interested longer but the game still got boring.
>>
File: Lapps_armor.png (1MB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lapps_armor.png
1MB, 683x1024px
>>380472919
>someone typed this
>>
>>380474046
It's the most anime MH yet
>>
File: wew la-.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wew la-.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>380473643
but I like them both.
>>
>>380473774
monhun is going to get a lot more casual players than me, so you might as well get used to it.
>>
>>380470874
>Muh shitty super moves that get shit a on by a fucking dodge

When will retards stop bringing up "Muh anime" or "Muh Super" moves and actually bring legitimate complaints against XX?
>>
>>380472176
Damn, what're the specs on that rig? Looks killer.
>>
>>380474262
>Its more about the series not being hekd back by inferior hardware of the ds family.
Then just ask for the series to become PC exclusive instead of being held back by inferior hardware or PS4 and Xbone :^)
>>
>>380473532
talking about rumors and made up shit is a part of discussing the game, especially since we don't have much information. you'd rather we post wojacks and call each other faggots?
>>
>>380469242
Hmmm?, I'm a Ziggy, but from /mhg/ in /vg/.

Maybe it could be me?
>>
>>380468865
>Using items while walking and firing while walking could be a good thing.
No.

Categorically not. It's casual bullshit meant to strip away a layer of consideration so retarded normies can just turn off your brain bro XD and heal whenever they want instead of when it's safe. Fuck you if you support this feature.
>>
>>380474320
Forgot to add I'm hype for Worlds because I fucking hate Arts and won't mind if Styles bite the dust too.
>>
File: dauntless-new-screen-2-640x360.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dauntless-new-screen-2-640x360.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
Cant we just all take a break for a second and laugh at this piece of shit?

>Well Monster Hunter is not on PC so this is a great opportunity
>MHH announced for PC

haha stupid dumbasses.
>>
>Game is not even in to the top 100 pre-orders in Japan
Capcom has forsaken its homeland for the ameribucks
Americans dont care for Monster Hunter
>>
>>380462419
>Damage numbers

great, now Greatsword fags are gonna get even worse
>>
>>380474613
Been laughing since announcement. Laughed even harder when they showed actual gameplay
>>
>>380474485
:^) = ;-(

Xbone and piss4 might be shit hardware but they are miles ahead of the abomination that is the Switch.
>>
File: dauntless.gif (1MB, 306x156px) Image search: [Google]
dauntless.gif
1MB, 306x156px
>>380474613
>>
>>380474285
That was never necessary to do to begin with though, you can heal during monster's openings if you're knowledgable enough about what they do and good in your positioning. Not anymore though, now healing will be free and easy.
>>
Imagine /v/ reaction if World Pre-orders are not as close as capcom wants and they are forced to rush a Switch port for easy 2M + Sales in Japan alone
>>
>>380474642
Look on the bright side. Now wife beater can't ruin spreadsheets anymore.
>>
>>380462328
>>380462419
It's not even as bad as I thought, I like all of this. Hopefully they'll make the G version an upgrade like Arcsys did for revelator 2, then I'll be over the moon.
>>
>>380468941
>don't have to look shit up
So you agree it's casual trash.
>New comers
Fuck them, stay out of my game, shitters. I don't want your retarded, newbie ass holding group dps back or failing quests on me.
>>
>>380474781
Nigger you think they are not going to improve shit? Are you serious? They made all the games they obviously did this for a reason.
>>
File: 1496354055146.jpg (43KB, 445x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496354055146.jpg
43KB, 445x360px
GAIJINHUNTER DOES NOT BEAT HIS WIFE
>>
Are they getting rid of the paintball tracking?
>>
File: IMG_3795.jpg (379KB, 1241x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3795.jpg
379KB, 1241x1932px
Chances are high there will be some Monster Hunter on Switch.
>>
>>380474724
Spoken like a true sonytard.
>>
>>380474793
The Switch ver will just get shitposted as the worst version anyway. I mean, it's not like Switch buyer's are interested in this "westernized" garbage right?
>>
File: Blacked Hunter.jpg (87KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
Blacked Hunter.jpg
87KB, 850x560px
>>380474613
The devs are also massive SJW and liberals.
>>
>>380474793
>underaged nintendofag delusion
Maybe neogaf or gamefaqs would be more your speed, faggot.
>>
>>380475043
You say that, but nintendo fags aren't old enough to remember Portable 3rd having a big boost for Sony after Tri.
>>
>>380474793
The whole "you can't put it on Switch" is probably a thing.
That said, they'll just make Monster Hunter portable 5th, Monster Hunter portable world, or Monster Hunter World G and put it on Switch by adding a bit of content, changing things up a bit, lowering the graphics so it runs and they're good to go.

Remember Capcom 5?
This will be Sony's Capcom 5.
>>
>>380475061
I don't own a ps4 nor a xbox one you fucking fanboy,I will play the game on PC. Thanks for financing the game with the shitty port coming on you amiibo machine.
>>
>>380475043
Except the chance has fallen to none, because Nintendo is no longer working with Capcom for Monster Hunter.
>>
File: Gravios.jpg (92KB, 768x332px) Image search: [Google]
Gravios.jpg
92KB, 768x332px
>>380474285
wonder if you'll be able to heal while grappled.
they say (youtube sources for mh news) that you can now walk slowly while healing. I can't speak for all of you but between using a potion while others are fighting the monster and using pots in other zones, this doesn't feel like a big deal to me. you still have to plan when you heal, you might still get whacked or you might just sidestep a Gravios beam etc.
>>
File: 1315616751001.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1315616751001.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>380474613
>Their entire F2P jew scheme just imploded on itself
>Game is gonna be dead on arrival since the market niche is already gonna be taken by the OG

Reading their le eddit page is hilarious too. You can tell they're literally seething right now but try to hide it with marketing talk and smug

>Y-Yeah w-whatever.
>>
File: Anjanath.png (13KB, 617x366px) Image search: [Google]
Anjanath.png
13KB, 617x366px
Anjanath is a very special boy!
>>
>>380474921
>Just trust them blindly, everything will be okay! They're definitely not casualizing it despite admittedly appealing to a western audience!
Look buddy, I've been optimistic about the game so far despite the changes and rumors, but this is just a bad and pointless change.
>>
Oh god online is going to be Tri all over again. Vets carrying nintentoddlers hand and tearing there hair out in the process. Except now replace toddlers with sonybros casuals or PCfats.
Fucking casuals man
>>
Sales wise did MH do better portable or console?
>>
>>380474046
Yea its great, people shit post cause of "Muh anime" but can never bring legitimate points against it.
>>
>>380475329
Post some comments please
>>
>>380475286
I dont expect it to be on graphics par, hell, going multi plat is not even a matter, but Capcom really shot em selves in the foot alienating the handheld market from Japan
>>
File: wait wat.png (778KB, 945x801px) Image search: [Google]
wait wat.png
778KB, 945x801px
>>380472223
AI consists of scripts.
>>
File: tigrex.png (151KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
tigrex.png
151KB, 370x320px
>>380474990
rundown on this rumor/meme/realshit?.png?
>>
>>380475295
Is it confirmed they're not publishing XX switch in EU?
>>
Who cares. You guys hated XX, you deserve this.
>>
>>380475475
Portable. However none of the Nintendo releases have ever reached the same sales as 2G and Portable 3rd either. PSP was the golden age of MonHun.
>>
>>380475558
It's a temporary thing. They've alienated them for until they announce either a new Switch MH or a port next year.
For now Japs will just keep playing X and 4U
>>
File: 1494986057008.jpg (160KB, 646x584px) Image search: [Google]
1494986057008.jpg
160KB, 646x584px
>>380469126
>wyvernfire in full HD
>>
>>380469242
I legit didn't know about the blood splatter weak spot stuff until like 3 years after I started playing
Without a friend to introduce me to the series I doubt I could have understood everything the games had to offer
Idk why anyone is upset over the optional floating numbers, I used to do mad math with the wiki dmg formula and motion values to figure out how much practical dmg I'll be doing if I hit a certain part

As much as I like doing math, it's kinda nice to just get immediate feedback on if you're hitting right
Besides for like 80% of monsters the weak spot is the head
>>
>>380475472

This game is casual, so they will be fine.
>>
>>380475667
I never hated XX. It was great and a breath of fresh air after 4U.
>>
>>380462328
>>380462419
And so the casualization begins. OH well. RIP.
>>
>>380474583
Can some explain why arts are bad, when most of them suck ass, unless they offer utility?
>>
>>380475667
Everyone hates XX it's garbage
>>
File: 1384761194181.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1384761194181.png
10KB, 645x773px
I'm just happy that after so long I finally get to play Monster hunter. Last one I played was on psp, so I'm really excited.

Don't try to take this joy from me anons, I'm a happy man.
>>
>>380475475
Console MH's all sold like dogshit, so obviously portable.
>>
>>380475472
>guys whats my dps
>where's the health bar
>why is this big sword so fucking slow
>I picked the gun how do i fire this thing
>that jaggi thing has so much fucking health

I'm kinda looking forward to it. This shit better have G rank
>>
>>380475475
Portable.
The best it ever did home console was 2 million on Wii for tri worldwide, but Nintendo marketed the hell out of it. Probably the most marketing the series ever got.
Second best it did on console was 600k on PS2 for the original game.
>>
>>380467832
Cross was fucking dogshit anyway.
>>
I don't know about you guys but I never play a series for too long if every sequel feels exactly the same as the previous game, I welcomed Generations and I'll welcome World.
>>
>>380471012
Idorts always win. Even if you aren't one, you absolutely know someone that has the system you don't.
>>
File: everything.jpg (636KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
636KB, 600x590px
Hold on dumbasses, I think we're all forgetting something. Does Monster Hunter World mean the return/ resurgence of la grenouille "je suis monte!" memes or a more heinous incarnation?
>>
File: 3Fz0EGD.jpg (173KB, 1500x923px) Image search: [Google]
3Fz0EGD.jpg
173KB, 1500x923px
>We're 100% focused on World for western audiences. Yes, this is next main title! We have nothing to announce for Switch currently.
>>
File: OP.jpg (380KB, 2000x1975px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
380KB, 2000x1975px
>>380476025
A 3rd party WiiU and Wii game sold like shit?

WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

PS2 got the very first one which no one knew about, so it's normal to sell little. No excuse on the other ones though
>>
>>380467323
>get rid of loading zones, ridding the game of the ability to cheese heals
>make healing way easier
One step forward, two steps back.
>>
File: 1492914375000.jpg (78KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1492914375000.jpg
78KB, 340x314px
>>380474613
There must've been massive panic at their HQ when the World announcement dropped.
>>
>>380474485
Id be down for that.
>>
>>380475927
They break the flow of the fight. You try to fill the gauge and use a special move, that shit can stay in Street Fighter.
>>
>>380476231
Yea, everyone notices the currently part, people also noticed the fact that World is for the west and not the Japanese audience.
It just means the next one focused on Japan will be announced at TGS or early next year for Switch.
>>
>>380470007
The interesting thing is also that MHW is releasing only on PS4 in Japan so I guess there might have beeen a payment by Sony. The shitposting rumour is starting to sound more and more like truth.
>>
>>380462328
Sounds great, glad they have pulled their collective heads out of a decade long ass chamber of staleness.
>>
File: All might goldenface.png (623KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
All might goldenface.png
623KB, 1111x597px
>>380475026
I hope not, but remains to be seen. It'd be cool to have both, and the tracking element via footprints mucus etc is exciting
>>
Whelp. MH is dead.

Time to learn Japanese, buy a Switch and play real MH.
>>
File: ledditdauntlessdelusions.png (20KB, 978x220px) Image search: [Google]
ledditdauntlessdelusions.png
20KB, 978x220px
>>380475516
>>
>>380474469
Never, people will just keep spount the same memes over and over.
>>
File: 1447024641036.gif (975KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1447024641036.gif
975KB, 500x282px
>>380476446
>So, there won't be Monster Hunter 5 or a game for the japanese audiences?
Their response
>This is next generation of Monster Hunter!
Take that as you will
>>
SWITCHAXE IS THE BEST WEAPON
>>
So is this going to flop in the west? What about Japan?
>>
>>380476297
When will the "3rd party Wii games couldn't sell well" meme end?
>>
>>380476582
>XX
>real MH

HAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>380476446
You're illiterate. That quote originally comes from someone asking about XX being localized and the response being that they're focused on bringing Worlds west.
>>
>>380476616

Everything that needed to be known already got leaked. They can't hide that.
>>
File: 14474708256193.jpg (385KB, 688x972px) Image search: [Google]
14474708256193.jpg
385KB, 688x972px
>monster hunter finally comes back to PlayStation appeasing to old fans and making everyone who is on PlayStation happy as fuck

>Threads are nothing but shitposting to degrade and ruin the smiles of those who are happy just because for once it doesn't come on their Nintendo console

Very selfish people, very heartless.
>>
>>380476616
Yes, this is the next generation of MonHun. Though it's focused for the west.
The portable series was not a generational advancement either on the PSP, yet they were far more core focused than the PS2 main new gen games.
It'll be the same situation. Switch gets the portable series of gen 5, west gets this.
>>
>>380471436
It's an option so you're just being a spoilt baby who's throwing all his toys out of the pram because other people will get to enjoy them.
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>380476673
My nigga
>>
File: western woman.jpg (176KB, 1715x872px) Image search: [Google]
western woman.jpg
176KB, 1715x872px
>>380476590
>Dauntless art style is more appealing
>>
>>380462328

>planned PC release

Maybe finally I will be able to test if MonHun is really as good as people claim. So far I tried demos on 3DS and controls were awful and characters dressed like 80s party lovers.
>>
>>380476837
I didn't say anything about XX, I'm referring to Monster Hunter Portable 5th that's in development right now for Switch to appease the Japs.
Whether that will come west or not, time will tell, but it's obviously what's in the works right now.
>>
File: type.png (544KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
type.png
544KB, 500x730px
>>380476673
FUCK YOU, LONGSWORD GLORIOUS NIPPON FOLDED STEEL IS THE BEST
>>380476590
I sorta feel bad for Randy after Battleborn, do you reckon this'll turn into that?
>>
>>380462328
Well. The casuallization begins. Farming will be done too quick, carving wont have an impact anymore if another monster is near, fucking numbers for scrubs keep tab on where ro hit and just convolute the screen with more crap and pretty much baby mode by using your surroundings for damage AND changing weapons on the camp. This is now a casualfag game. Good job crapcom
>>
so if nintendo or capcom announces that XX or a new portable MH will come to the west will all this shitposting stop?
>>
File: haetisayhaet.jpg (335KB, 1000x875px) Image search: [Google]
haetisayhaet.jpg
335KB, 1000x875px
>>380463029
>The lone hunter sends signal flare and 3 other devs join mid battle.
This post is a lie. The was so very obviously a cutscene.
>>
>>380476870
Im just happy it's finally on a powerful console I wouldn't even care if it was an xbox exclusive, or a pc exclusive just off of portables holding it back.
>>
>>380477034
>muh F2P tho!

I sure hope they're gonna enjoy those Brazilians/Russians since they're going to be their only playerbase.
>>
>>380474613
>/v/ currently in a tug of War over MHW casualization mechanics and practices
>Both sides take a moment to stop and laugh at a MH clone being chucked because the World will be on PC
Eh, atleast some things can keep the fans together.
>>
File: haya.jpg (21KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
haya.jpg
21KB, 471x480px
>>380476870
read this before, love smelly NEET nee-sans, please give title
>>
>>380477092
>I'm referring to Monster Hunter Portable 5th that's in development right now for Switch to appease the Japs.
you're making us switch owners look bad, faggot. don't be delusional and wait for an actual announcement for us
>>
>>380477092
Again, you're illiterate. Try to pay attention.

>We're 100% focused on World for western audiences. Yes, this is next main title! We have nothing to announce for Switch currently.

This statement was a response to people asking about Switch XX localization on twitter.
>>
>>380476870

It's what happen when you make something in spite of something else. If World was on everything with crossplay, everyone would be fine. But Capcom needed to accept that Sony money or shit on the fanbase.

Look at DQ11. Lots of shitposting before the reveal over what platform it will be on. Then the game gets announced for the PS4, 3DS, and Switch. Everyone is happy, shitposting kept to a minimum because of good guy Horii.
>>
File: hope restored.jpg (54KB, 362x447px) Image search: [Google]
hope restored.jpg
54KB, 362x447px
>Got a psp for MonHun Freedom Unite
>Got a 3ds for 3/4/Gen/XX
>Will now play it on PC

I don't give a FUCK on what system it is. And I'm glad they're finally making a real fucking game now instead of bandaiding the same ps2 game forever. I'm fucking hype as hell lads, I look forward to posting together with my sonybros and xbros and discuss the game.
>>
>>380476870
You know MHW isn't exclusive to the PS4, right?
>>
>>380477364
Again, this is the next main title, XX probably isn't coming west (though it could change, but it's not in the pipeline).
But you are incredibly delusional if you think there's not a new 'portable series' spinoff in the works for Switch right now. They're not going to straight up abandon millions of monhun fans in Japan that only play Monhun portable because of commutes.
>>
>>380477371
>he only has a Switch
Sad. Why aren't you an idort?
>>
>>380476870
>history revisionist.
I've seen way more "UMAD NINTENBRO !?" posts occupying these threads coupled with goldfaces or falseflags usually against people who are genuinely worried about the "Westernization" of the series as thats code name for low quality game.
>>
>>380477272

It'll at least diminish, as everyone will be too busy playing Monster hunter to shitpost.
>>
>>380477526
I know but that's what makes it even more apparent it's Nintendo fans who are trying to ruin this game
>>
File: 1489816734337.png (141KB, 344x276px) Image search: [Google]
1489816734337.png
141KB, 344x276px
>we just liked the name "world"
>we're totally not saving 5 for the chance that this is a massive flop and have to recoup our losses with an actual MH game, no
>>
>>380476704
Guaranteed flop in the west, Might do OK in japland but but nearly as well as portable titles.
>>
>>380477173
Have you all forgotten the glory that is the Charge Blade?
>>
>>380477637
That's a reaction to the action Nintendo fans have taken, very immature, very sad.
>>
At least it'll be on PC. I'm happy with that.
>>
File: dauntlessshill.png (18KB, 943x225px) Image search: [Google]
dauntlessshill.png
18KB, 943x225px
>>380475128
>Leafs

yup it checks out.
>>
File: 2464724.png (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2464724.png
90KB, 800x600px
>>380477496
this
see you on the field, brother.
>>
>>380477329
Second this. Small victories I suppose. I'm giving it a week or two for this place to simmer down about
>>
Are we gonna see demo footage? I recall one of the streams (I think the Playstation one) had MHW on its schedule.

It would make me kinda nervous if they had a demo and never let us see footage.
>>
>>380464095
I have both a ps4 and a switch though.
>>
File: 1450243630705.jpg (17KB, 272x153px) Image search: [Google]
1450243630705.jpg
17KB, 272x153px
>>380477496
Feels real fucking good.
>>
>>380463029
There is no E3 demo. This is literally just a romanticization of the expanded Sony presser demo they showed on their stream.
>>
File: IMG_0785.png (486KB, 566x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0785.png
486KB, 566x482px
What if there's crossplay
>>
Looks like I'll play it on PC. I'm not buying anything from Sony until they give me Freedom Wars II
>>
>>380470319
>Did you see in that trailer how fucking long that monster was chasing the player?
You don't know how big that areas actually are, that could have been:
A) many different takes edited together to make it seems longer
B) just some minor splices so the jump cuts give the impression of length, when really it was barely 60 seconds
>>
>>380477272
For the most part. It'll kinda be like how we now have a 3D and 2D Metroid in the works. in the end, the majority would be satisfied
>>
>>380475993
I'm happy as well, and I'm glad you're happy. Even though the game is moving off of Nintendo hardware, I hope PS4/XBone/PC get a quality product that furthers the positive development of the series.
>>
>>380478475
>sony
>crossplay

LOL!
>>
File: slide.webm (3MB, 606x360px) Image search: [Google]
slide.webm
3MB, 606x360px
>HBG is not a mach-
>>
Stop bitching and wait for it to come out. People here complained about Generations too and everyone loved it when they finally played it.
>>
>>380478475
>Sony
>Crossplay
lel, maybe Xbox One and PC.
>>
>>380478689
There are crossplay games between Sony and pc
>>
File: Screenshot_201705050657132.png (413KB, 954x612px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_201705050657132.png
413KB, 954x612px
Anyone else thinking of buying this twice if the pc release is over a month after ps4 release?
>>
>>380478690
And people here bitch about moving very very slowly while shooting for 3 seconds but this Goky instant transmission anime sprints and dodges are fine?
>>
File: 1497031751933.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1497031751933.gif
1MB, 217x217px
>>380478776
but it's not on the switch so it's fine by Sony standards
>>
This should have been Dragons Dogma 2
>>
>>380477010
>It's an option
prove it
>>
>>380466035
Rounded down to the nearest 10:
MH PS2 - 50 hours - SnS
Freedom - 250 hours - Light bowgun
Freedom 2 - 900 hours - Bow/light bowgun
Freedom U - 1530 hours - Bow/light bowgun
MH3Tri (lol) - 5 hours - Medium bowgun (press f)
MH3U - 300 hours - Bow/lightbowgun
MH4U - 700 hours - Charge Blade (come at me)
Generations - 0 hours - probably would have been Charge Blade

I am a raging MH autism machine.
>>
>>380478921
Everyone hates Gen/XX already, you complete and total retard.
>>
File: 1495467485529.jpg (293KB, 3678x2532px) Image search: [Google]
1495467485529.jpg
293KB, 3678x2532px
>>380478690
LBGs are real, just so you know
>>
>>380462419
>hunters may need to lure another threat into their territory in order to get their target to reveal itself.
that's actually really cool. Glad we can spend unlimited time out hunting now too. Where every quest can become a free hunt. That's awesome.
>>
>>380478690
>Special ability is exactly the same as default firing
Nice try, but no. HBG ruined.
>>
File: captain falcon.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
captain falcon.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>380477496
finally a voice of reason
>>
>>380479029
Thats not true though. You can clearly see everyone here praising them because they are the ''real'' monster hunter games exclusively for the 3ds and Switch.
>>
>>380479148
But it's a special ability in MHW too
>>
>>380479148
it was already confirmed to be a special ability like Frontier's heat laser attachment
>>
>>380477496
>xbros

All 2 of them.
>>
>>380474294
bitching over small changes whenever a new MH game is announced is normal for MH fans
>>
File: 1482272433058.jpg (111KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
1482272433058.jpg
111KB, 588x588px
>>380462419
>damage numbers
>>
>>380477701
>Guaranteed flop in the west
How much did 4/4u sell in the west? I could easily see this selling millions since it's getting a global release and it's on 3 platforms. It's also extremely popular.
>>
>>380477496
Have fun with your shitty casual dudebro braindead normie shit. I'm sure you and and the Nintendo fanboys will have a great time comparing and contrasting your shit game against their retarded anime bullshit.

This is the year that MH died. Fuck Capcom forever.
>>
>>380472503
>Game looked and played like ass so I dropped it.
>played like ass
Oh so you didn't have any idea how to actually use the weapon and didn't even bother trying to learn any of them. Good to know. Also it was a 3DS game, what in the fuck did you expect it to look like?
>>
>>380479264
>>380479338
Whatever it still garbage.
>>
>>380477343

I cant recall the full name but I saw this comic before and you dont want to - its NTR/mind break, she ends up as cumdumpster.

Which is sad because shy, socially unfit girls deserve loving boyfriends who would hug them gently and tell that everything would be alright.
>>
>>380479225
>Thats not true though.
People are always shitting on G/XX you fucking retarded newfag. Lurk more.
>>
>>380479519
Kek.

>get told he's wrong
>it's still shit because I say so!!1!

Nice one, drone
>>
File: untitled.png (104KB, 412x250px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
104KB, 412x250px
>>380479423
Millions
Uhh
anon...
Also, console games don't sell in Japan, where the MH audience actually is.
>>
>>380479423
>MH
>extremely popular
>in the west
Lel.
>>
>>380479225
There is not a single post saying that in this thread, or any thread, you retarded shill.
>>
File: Weapon252.png (127KB, 605x289px) Image search: [Google]
Weapon252.png
127KB, 605x289px
>>380479264
>>380479338
Prove it.
Please, I love HBG and don't want to lose mai raifu.
>>
Just a thought. Maybe Monster Hunter isn't that popular in the west because the series is only available in portable devices of all things?

Last time it was released on a proper console was on the PS2. The Wii was a joke and the core online gaming community is centered around PS4/XBone/PC. We'll get to see how things really work out with this release.
>>
>>380479643
That wasn't me. I'm >>380479895
>>
>>380479982
Don't forget MH4U on the WiiU
>>
File: mr hodd toward.png (160KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
mr hodd toward.png
160KB, 360x240px
>>380479692
>The Skyrim port for Switch is actually more popular right now than a new console monster hunter
I'm glad to see that the west has very good taste in video games.
That reminds me, I think I'll go pre-order a copy of Skyrim for Nintendo Switch right now!
>>
This will sell a minimum of 5 million copies easily. The future of MH is on consoles.
>>
>>380468913
That shit is cancerous.

Didn't follow e3 so looked up the trailers for the games on youtube. Sometimes the first hit is someones reaction vid to the trailer. So normies actually watch that shit?
>>
>>380479692
>new global annonucement
>at E3
>not even top 50
>meanwhile odyssey, xenoblade 2, even spiderman, yoshi and kirby and the uncharted dlc are higher than that
>no xbox charting either

Is this actually going to lose Capcom money?
>>
>>380480065
You mean 3U.
>>
>>380480110
Want to wager a bucket of crow dicks on that?
>>
File: 1496898927065.png (235KB, 324x313px) Image search: [Google]
1496898927065.png
235KB, 324x313px
>>380480110
>5 million
Even if it did how much money do you think this cost to make? It's most likely a AAA MH tier game. Not even portable MH's sell that much in japan and they've come close.
>>
>>380480256
Yes I did. Thanks.
>>
the anount of pure salt in this thread alone is insane
>>
>>380479487
You overreacting son. Sit down and have a cup of cocoa with me
>>
>>380480015
There's a gematsu article that has a lists of confirmed details. Rapid-fire on HBG was on there.

Phone posting so I can't be bothered to link, but that detail as well as plenty of others confirmed by the team are all over the net.
>>
>>380480375
>Not even portable MH's sell that much in japan and they've come close.

And PC and Xbox in Japan is nonexistent while in the west is massive. 5 million baby is happening.
>>
>>380480207
A logo for Metroid Prime 4, a game we know nothing about coming like 2.5-3 years from now gave it more pre-orders than Monster Hunter.
People who think MHW will sell well are delirious.
>>
>>380480743
see
>>380479692
Skyrim Switch is outpre-ordering it.
It'll be a dumpster fire.
>>
>>380480149
>So normies actually watch that shit?
Eh, mostly no name youtubers with like, 10-30 views on their vids.
>>
>>380477286
They're talking about a private demo, not the stupid obvious cutscene from the trailer.

God damnit now I want pizza.
>>
>>380466035
500+ hours MHFU Long Sword
???hours MH3 (long enogh to reach endgame online) Long Sword
3hours MHP3rd Long Sword i guess
150 hours MH4U Insect Glaive
Thread posts: 527
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.