[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathologic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Pathologic.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pathologic.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
Just bought this, Did I get memed?
>>
>>380456758
oh definitely, make no mistake its a shit game but its decent if you like the themes and world
>>
File: 1421693108770.jpg (56KB, 517x572px) Image search: [Google]
1421693108770.jpg
56KB, 517x572px
>I just bought this game and haven't played it yet, tell me what I should think about it /v/.
>>
>>380456758
It's too good even for /v/.
>>
It's the best game ever made
>>
File: NPC_Bakalavr_b.png (764KB, 488x579px) Image search: [Google]
NPC_Bakalavr_b.png
764KB, 488x579px
bump while I'm typing a lengthy reply
>>
It has a dreadful and depressing story with dreadful and depressing characters but it also has dreadful and depressing gameplay, take that as you will.
>>
File: NPC_Maria_b.png (697KB, 488x579px) Image search: [Google]
NPC_Maria_b.png
697KB, 488x579px
>>380456758
That depends entirely on your mindset. If you approach this game with expectations such as,
>I want to be entertained
>I want to get my money's worth
>/v/ told me it's the best game ever, therefore I shall like it
then you are going to be massively disappointed. Chances are you're going to play for a bit before dropping it; or worse, force yourself to continue playing, which will give you a very negative memory associated with the game.

On the other hand, if you play it because you are a curious person, because you want to experience the things people talk about in Pathologic threads (these things being helplessness, unending sorrow and a general sense of despair), if you believe videogames CAN be more than just a distraction and if you keep an open mind, then you are in for one hell of a ride. At the risk of sounding overly pretentious, I can state that Pathologic is among the most important narrative experiences the medium of videogames has to offer.

>inb4 it's just a walking simulator
It most certainly is not.

Ultimately, there's only one way for you to proceed : play the damn game. If you constantly feel like it's a waste of your time and pretentious 2deep4u bullshit, then yes, you just got meme'd. Congratulations.
But if you feel enthralled by the atmosphere, the story and the life of the town, then welcome to what is basically "Russian litterature : the Game". Remember, it's all downhill from here

To quote someone in a Pathologic thread a while ago, "It's definitely not a game for everyone, and I don't mean that in a pretentious way. It's a game made by mad people, for mad people."
>>
>>380456758
I hated it at first. I was at Day 2 and I made a thread on /v/ saying that this game is a boring walking simulator piece of shit and that I've been memed. I loved and appreciated the music and the atmosphere from the very start but constantly walking for hours back and forth at a snail's pace made me not want to play it.

But then I continued playing it anyway and around day 4 or 5 I really got sucked into it and I was interested in the story. And I didn't mind walking as much anymore because there was actually some stuff going on while you walked, like having to dodge the plague etc.

Then after finishing the Bachelor playthrough I thought ok I'm done I'm not going to play with the other characters because it takes so long and the pacing is so slow that I don't want to start all of this again from Day 1.

And after one or two weeks I started to miss the game and the town. Just walking on the streets, listening to the soundtrack, hearing dogs barking. I wanted to go back there. I wasn't interested in the plague itself which is the main thing of the game. I just wanted to be in the town again, learn about it, talk to people. I found out that what at first made me not want to play this game now was what I wanted, just walking around the town and taking in the atmosphere and the soundtrack. I just wanted to be part of it again. So i finished the Haruspex story and later the Changelling
>>
>>380456758
Shit meme broken game

/v/ shitty meme games:
Thief
Swat 4
Pathologic
Morrowind
Deus Ex
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.