[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Mario Brothers 4 is REAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: super-mario-bros.-4.jpg (220KB, 432x593px) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-bros.-4.jpg
220KB, 432x593px
Lucky enough to have an extended discussion with someone noteworthy at E3 last night. They slipped me some information I think you would all be very interested in.

The third day of Nintendo Treehouse (tomorrow) Nintendo plans to show a short teaser for their next mainline 2D Mario, titled Super Mario Brothers 4.

The game is supposed to be a followup to Super Mario World, ignoring New Super Mario Bros. Like it's predecessors, the game is planned to add only new content with nothing familiar, save for Mario staples that have been in every 2d game (question blocks, pipes, etc). Everything else is completely new. New power ups, new level styles, new mounts ala Yoshi, new enemies, you get the picture.

The art in game is all hand drawn including the totally new overworld.

The rest of the information I have is small snippets such as:
>An entire level that takes place on the back of a Gigga Bill
>Multiple yoshi-like mounts including a bull type thing with a football helmet that can smash through enemies and bricks, and a toad-goomba hybrid that turns enemies into powerups (????)
>Only returning powerups are the mushroom, star, and fire flower. New powerups include a pair of metal wings that let's him double jump, "Goomba seed" that allows Mario to tame any non-boss enemy, and mole claws that let's Mario dig down into the ground, with more I haven't been told about.
I haven't been given too much info on how the powerups function but apparently the claws can be used to climb into pipes that have been destroyed, dig under and avoid certain enemies, or even find underground areas that are otherwise inaccessible.

That's all the info I have, so I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Pic is fanart obviously.
>>
>>380456067
nice fanfic
>>
>all this effort coming up with this while ignoring Super Mario World already had Super Mario Bros 4 as its subtitle in Japan
>>
>>380456307
As if that matters. Mario Brothers 2 were completely different games in the east and west. I doubt Nintendo is unwilling to shaft one of the regions in the name department
>>
>>380456307
Is this even true
>>
>toad Goomba hybrid that Mario rides
That sounds horrifying
>>
>>380457873
Yes
>>
>>380456307
Maybe it will be some bullshit like SMB4 in the west and SMB5 in Nipland
>>
Isn't it time Mario was a fat femme PoC?
>>
>>380460756
PoCs are offensive to those who identify as animal.
>>
>>380456307
Not only that but in Mario world you literally find something from Mario 3 so it's a direct sequel
>>
>>380460756
Not progressive enough; It's time to make peach a trans muslim feminist.
>>
>>380456067
>Super Mario Brothers 4 is REAL
Well yeah it came out in 1990
>>
>>380456067
>Sonic 4 flashbacks

Uh oh
>>
>>380461910
Really? I was thinking the exact opposite. Sonic 4 prided itself in nostalgia and throwing established concepts at you with the force of a thousand sun's, Mario 4 is doing the opposite of that
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.