[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am just HAPPY that FFXV is still living.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: episode prompto.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
episode prompto.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
I saw that E3 trailer just now and I am just so happy that they want to expand the universe even more and that they won't leave FFXV in the dust. I know its a game where opinions are left and right and even I can see that the game has glaring flaws, but I can't just NOT love it. I love the characters, the world, the dungeons, the story, the depth, the amount of detail - and I honestly don't even want a FFXVI yet. I am just... happy that FFXV is not old news and that it has fans and more content coming up.

Who else feels this way?

Keep snarky comments in your pocket, haters.
>>
Well, I kind of agree.

But that's only because all that content wasn't there to begin with.
>>
File: 1468206387794.gif (3MB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
1468206387794.gif
3MB, 300x231px
>>380454881
This sounded like the beginning of pasta and I was sort of right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/6h2nkd/i_am_just_happy_that_ffxv_is_still_living/

Sad.
>>
i should've just waited for them to release a complete version. fuck, well at least it wasn't as terrible as xiii to begin with
>>
>tfw i actually enjoyed the absolute shit out of 15 minus chapter 13
episode gladio was pretty shit but prompto looks like a good dirge of cerberus
also hype as fuck for VR fishing
>>
>>380454881
>charging fans for stuff that should already be in the game
only square enix
>>
>>380455204
Why though? The one playthrough was nice. Lacking, but okay.

It would've fucking killed me if I didn't get to play it after waiting for 10 fucking years.

Now I can put it back to shelf and wait for all the dlc to come out and get back to it again after.
>>
>>380455038
For the most part I agree. There's just something about the setting that I like.
>>380455295
I just wish Episode Gladio did 4 things:
1. Was longer.
2. Actually had some development for Gladio instead of Cor.
3. Had more diversity in his moveset.
4. Added control of Gladio into the main game besides Chapter 13 Verse 2, because that's just an ad for Episode Gladio.
>>
>>380454881
XV-kun is that you?
>>
Ya know what really bothered me? The way no one actually gave a shit about anything in that world, regardless of how important or personal it is. You're a prince of a kingdom just a couple of miles away and no one bats an eye. The kingdom gets blown up and no one cares. Ignus gets fucked up and it's mostly ignored. Prompto is a literal fucking monster and all he gets is "we're still bros lol." It takes the goddamn world ending before people finally take notice, and even then nobody really does anything.
>>
File: 1318562278003.jpg (66KB, 216x310px) Image search: [Google]
1318562278003.jpg
66KB, 216x310px
>people motherfucking defending buying this turd for full price
>same people will actually pay for the DLC as well after getting initially buttfucked
>>
>>380455595
>You're a prince of a kingdom just a couple of miles away and no one bats an eye. The kingdom gets blown up and no one cares. Ignus gets fucked up and it's mostly ignored. Prompto is a literal fucking monster and all he gets is "we're still bros lol.
I understand, but a couple of these are pseudo explained.
1. Apparently not too many people outside Insomnia knows what Noctis looks like.
2. You're right on that one, the invasion was handled terribly in game. Yeah the movie made it seem like it mattered but by the time you actually play, basically nothing happens with it.
3. That's why Gladio and Noctis got into the argument on the train for the most part.
4. Translation fucked up on this, according to the JP version he's just from Niflheim.
>>
>>380455749
Eh, I liked it and want some more mileage out of it.
>>
>>380455749
Shit costs now. Is what it is. Yes, it's a fucking early access/paying for shit that should've already been there.

The modern business practices are terrible, but how the fuck else do you play these new games? I sure as hell don't want to wait over a year after initial launch for the Complete Edition.
>>
>>380454881
>delet this
>>
>>380455983
>4. Translation fucked up on this, according to the JP version he's just from Niflheim.
How did they fuck up? He's literally an MT, thus the bar code.
>>
>>380454881
>haters
0/10 bait. Could have been 8/10 but you gave yourself away at the final word.
>>
>>380454881
>i liked to pay full price for a pre-alpha release and i will be happy to pay more in the future for feature that should have been in the game from the start

What time to be alive
>>
>>380456337
I mean he is Verasteal's son, maybe dad was doing some fucked up shit. Prompto didn't make it to Lucis/Insomnia until he was 1.
>>
>>380456338
You should have know it was bait by reading >>380455156
>>
>>380456347
>pre-alpha release
What. Get a grasp of reality.

>>380456559
Yeah, but iirc the MTs were just plagued people in any case.
>>
File: 1-ani-phoenix-documenderpt.gif (21KB, 168x140px) Image search: [Google]
1-ani-phoenix-documenderpt.gif
21KB, 168x140px
>>380454881
I'm glad you like the game anon, but in reality you have been screwed over. You were lured in with the promise of a complete game, but instead got the next step into making games a subscription based service.
>Item and outfit dlc's was the first step
>After release updates were the second
>Incomplete games with the rest of the story sold as dlc is the third step
>Big Episodic releases is the next and 4th step (FF7r)
>small episodic releases is the 5th
>subscription based games are the 6th.

By the time this gradual process is complete games will no longer be available on physical medium. You cannot sell them, if the companies die you lose them, companies can change the rules because they are in control, and you are forced to pay for a subscription service for the 3 games you like and the rest of the crap you don't want.

Not only that you lose the ability to have the experience of exploring a full complete product full of mystery and secrets and are instead stuck with small episodic chunks.

You should be upset that you spent so much money and didn't get a complete game. Because that is the expectation. You get a complete game, and gameplay that is like it is advertised. Making it some kind of Kojima style evolving story from the game's conception until the last dlc is just a pretty way of saying: "We as a company do not want to take financial risks so instead of investing in multiple smaller projects in various artistic directions to advance the medium, we will release larger incomplete games that try to cater to everyone at the same time and as a result fail to do anything noteworthy.

Even if they make FFXV have the best action combat ever made, and give it tactical elements as deep as FFT, I will still not agree with it, because we were cucked out of a full product, and pulled into a camoflaged pre-order system. Making us pay now, and receive our full product a year down the line.

This is sneaky in all respects.
>>
File: 1-ani-phoenix-sweats.gif (21KB, 108x133px) Image search: [Google]
1-ani-phoenix-sweats.gif
21KB, 108x133px
>>380456815
part2, which is an old thing i wrote. So yes, it's copypasta that applies to the sneakyness of SE marketing.

I'm going to describe my experience particularly with the whole FFXV thing, which I personally experienced in an unpleasant way.
When the E3 2013 trailers were released a lot of features were shown like weapon switching, warping, hand to hand combat, the main character being able to do spins, flips over enemies, and basically moving around like Michael Jackson in his prime. Shortly after a lot of these features were not talked about ever again. Some badly translated "negative" news came out after it about the game being linear, and people were in uproar.
Then during one of the Active Time Reports, square enix's youtube stream, they "saved the day" as I call it, by explaining more clearly, and they apologized for anyone being worried. This pattern would repeat itself over the course of the game's development, releasing rumors or news about features being this or that way, or even removed, and then "officially" bringing the good news. Sometimes revealing features that were already in the E3 2013 trailer as if they were new. Especially the weapon switching, which they said they implemented in response to the duscae polls, which was there from the beginning.
After having seen FFXV Kingsglaive, I noticed how calm I was, and had more hope in the game, and part of my concerns of it being bad were gone. This is stupid because my concerns were about gameplay, not story or content. This is when it first began to occur to me that something was off. I've never responded this intensely to pre-release hype before, and have been able to keep myself objective since the major disappointments that were FFX and Assassin's Creed 1. So why now?
>>
File: 1-ani-phoenix-deskslam.gif (6KB, 190x132px) Image search: [Google]
1-ani-phoenix-deskslam.gif
6KB, 190x132px
>>380456949
part 3:
Apparently creating "cognitive dissonance" (google it) is a modern marketing technique that makes people frustrated in attempt to make them more susceptible to suggestion when information is provided to calm them down. It is my impression that it was also previously done with The Witcher 3, where info was "leaked" that the game would only support 30fps on pc. People were in uproar, and then the developers "saved the day" with official information that the game would fully support 60 fps and above.

Now I have some knowledge about anxiety, which generally works in a way that when a person is afraid, they will want to comfort themselves by looking up information, or checking if the door is still locked after already checking 5 times. Because the cause of anxiety is on the inside of the mind, these forms of external confirmation only serve as a temporary band aid, and generally the anxious feeling comes back even stronger. After repeating this pattern for too long you have a strong form of anxiety, and compulsive tendencies that make you want to comfort yourself. So to me, this all feels very similar to how the marketing plan was done with FFXV.

I feel in a slight way that my emotions are being toyed with, and I know it is negatively affecting my mental stability because of how these things work. I recognize the desire within myself for a "fix". These things are in everyone. I just happen to have the educational background to recognize it, and realize how fucked up it is.
To me it is clear that this marketing pattern is creating fear and subsequently taking it away by showing off the product, like salespeople usually do, and I don't agree with it.
>>
>>380457075
>I feel in a slight way that my emotions are being toyed with

It's just fucking video games man
>>
File: 1-ani-phoenix-points1.gif (21KB, 240x139px) Image search: [Google]
1-ani-phoenix-points1.gif
21KB, 240x139px
>>380457203
No these are my rights as a consumer. We should have the right to be informed correctly on the contents of the game. Not story wise, but completion, mechanics, and content wise. Does it have all the pages of the book it's in?
We should have the right to return a product that is not complete. We should have the privilege of not being taken along a rollercoaster ride of conflicting information released in such a way that our principles are being manipulated out of the equation.
>>
File: 1497417260531.jpg (82KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497417260531.jpg
82KB, 400x400px
>>380456815
>>380456949
>>380457075
>>
Welp, guess there's something new to filter in these threads.
>>
>>380458018
Just filter "FFXV" and "XV" and /v/ will be a lot better
>>
>>380457728
>We should have the right to be informed correctly on the contents of the game
Not possible when the people working on it have no fucking clue what they're doing. I'm gonna chalk it up to incompetence rather than maliciousness.
>>
>>380458198
Eh occasionally I want to talk about the game because I was fairly okay with it. But I do think that XV threads on /v/ tend to be awful.
>>
>>380458279
Sorry I ran over this person and killed him, but it was an accident so it's okay right?
>>
>>380456815
>>380456949
>>380457075
Was it autism?
>>
>>380458534
There's no need to reach like that when you know full well those 2 things aren't comparable.
>>
>>380458534
Are you comparing the marketing of FFXV to manslaughter?
>>
>>380458674
They're both crimes. The latter is just a lot bigger.

Not knowing you're hurting someone else doesn't make it okay, and because you can't really tell if it's incompetence or mass social engineering, it's not a bad idea to have some guidelines about this sort of thing.
>>
>>380458938
You being disappointed in a game is not a crime. Stop.
>>
>>380458721
Yep. /v/ does the most with the least.
>>
>>380459210
This is not about disappointment. This is about a product being sold to 6 million people under the false pretense that it was complete.
>>
>>380454881
did they announce the fucking PC version yet
>>
>>380459585
It has an ending doesn't it? It's complete, just disappointing.
>>
>>380456815
>>380457075
>>380457728
Despite the game being a train wreck, I still got 90 hours out of something I paid $51 for. I wouldn't say I was cheated by any means; I just got an incredibly mediocre patchwork game.
>>
File: you're under arrest.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you're under arrest.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>380458534
sure pal
>>
>>380459796
So we have a full game, 1/4th is being cut from the beginning and made into a movie.
half is ripped out from the middle, and then we have 1/4th left, which we fill up with long sequences where we watch the game drive itself, have no reward or plot relation to finding the rest of the mystical weapon tombs, make the last part of that into a linear segment, slap an ending on it and call it a day. Also let's just keep advertising those characters with just 10 of minutes screentime just because they look pretty.

Let's not comment on the magic system too much because "it is still being developed" then proceed to change nothing about it and release the game as is with the promise of finding "special ring magic" later in the game.

Let's remove multiple features that give the gameplay depth and the player control, (remember that warp strike with the hyperdrive particles?) and not talk about it at all. works as advertised amirite?

Not only that, when you look at the context of expectations from Final Fantasy fans because of what the series once was, and the fact the FFversus came from an era when square didn't make casualized garbage yet, and i can kind of imagine why people are unhappy and disappointed, but that has nothing to do with false promises. They at the very least walked the line, if not cross over to sneaky marketing.
>>
>>380461012
No! pls! I'm just bad at driving, i'm sorry, please be excited for the next time i step in my car. I just got a nice FF7r decal for it too ;_;
>>
>>380461434
Give it a rest man, it's your own fault for getting hyped after the disasters that were 13
>>
>>380461739
Different director. Mind you, Nier automata was also from square enix but had a different director, which is why it was good.
>>
File: XV WEG.jpg (290KB, 1600x630px) Image search: [Google]
XV WEG.jpg
290KB, 1600x630px
>>380454881
>Who else feels this way?
No
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.