[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this considered fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

Is this considered fun?
>>
>>380453747
If they kept the complexity of XCX, the fun comes with customising your character for better numbers. Your mind starts racing with huge possibilities to hit huge numbers.
>>
>>380453747
Not as fun as me kicking your balls lmoa
>>
Can someone give a objective criticism of the combat? Cause I have fun with the game as do others to warrant another xenoblade sequel

Maybe you hate fun?
>>
>>380453747
Maybe you choosed the wrong genre
>>
>>380454314
It's not cinematic enough
>>
>>380454314

As someone that's never played the Xenoblade series, here is my criticisms from OP's video.

The combat seems not too exciting, just that hint of bland standard attack when you want. Reminds me of a Tales game, but not really too much.

Graphics seem faded/washed out and even around the same texture quality as a Gamecube game.

However, I will say that the game does well with clarifying who's the enemy. The party members end up being very visually cluttering though.

I'd say 6/10 on the scale for me as far as the combat seems. This is all liable to change though. Just offering my two cents.
>>
>>380453747
It's Xenoblade. Were you expecting anything other than MMO garbage gameplay with a beautiful open world?
>>
What you want a whole bunch of scripted events and QTE and cinematic cuts?

Real gameplay looks boring to watch, especially RPGs
>>
>>380454810
That's a benefit retard.
>>380454314
It's really grindy and uninteresting, doesn't require much effort or skill, no one reacts to taking damage just numbers flying everywhere.
The enemies hit you while you hit them, no one reacts to damage, it's really static.
Quite frankly boring to look at and play, reminds of shitty low quality korean mmos.
>>
Wew, looks like a Xenoblade game.

What the fuck is the issue.
>>
>still using the poor mans MMO battle system
fucking hell it is so bad cunt ill take turn based over this shit
>>
>>380455402
Ever heard of dark souls? I just recently played blood borne and it wasn't cinematic in the slightest the combat was still exciting and really fast past.

You don't just stand still and spam attacks, enemies and the player actually have animations for recieving damage, there's parries, movement and different forms of attack.

I played hzd last month and that games combat was a lot like dark souls excepts there's a lot more location based fighting, and really intracate enemy designs.

The also just finish botw, which didn't really have the same combat depth as hzd or dark souls but it was far from static, enviornment plays a role in combat, enemies are extremely interactive and exciting to encounter, they even interact with the environment and other ai. Unlike the shit you see in that webm.

None of these games have cinematic combat or anything, yet they still keep it exciting, which this game lacks.
>>
File: 1478286983608.jpg (417KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1478286983608.jpg
417KB, 2500x2500px
>that fucking pop in not 1 foot in front of the character
>>
>>380456090
>console/handheld gaming

were you expecting anything different?
>>
File: 1401369669417.jpg (38KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1401369669417.jpg
38KB, 251x242px
>>380453747
He's low level and fighting some of the weakest enemies in the game. What do you expect? In all rpgs you only have basic attacks at that stage
>>
>>380453747
You're on /v/, that's a Nintendo game
>>
>>380453747
It's very hard to tell if an RPG is fun or not just by looking at short videos. Look at Runescape, game looks boring as fuck yet people are hooked on it for years.
>>
>>380453747

Combat looks much slower than X's. Worried about it.
>>
>>380455383
You just like looking at it instead of playing it?
>>
>>380453747
So from the looks of it (I haven't watched treehouse demo) the system is basically xenoblade, but with less skills and non-active party members supporting you from outside the battle with some stuff/possible stat boosts?
Am I correct?
>>
>>380456235

The problem is the thing takes too long to kill.

I remember JRPGs back in the PS2 and even low level enemies where a breeze and combat, even if turn based, as very fast paced.

Here he's fucking taking ages to kill that lv10 mob.
>>
>>380453747

It's so damn slow. Even Berseria was faster than this.
>>
>>380455036
>Gamecube Game
Maybe don't watch a fucking compresses as shit webm
>>
>>380458529
Easily fixed, they just need to start weapon arts off cooldown like in the other Xenoblade games.
>>
>>380455036
Why are you commenting on the graphics when he asked for criticism on the combat?
>>
>>380454227
Yeah I liked that about XCX. While it start to feel a bit mindless by the end, the customization of all the shit you could do was pretty cool. I really liked setting up party skills and artes for maximum combos and altering soul voices just right.
>>
>>380456090
Apparently they're in the tweaking and polishing stage of development so I expect these kind of problems to be fixed by release.
>>
>>380453747

>japanese games

fucking atrocious
>>
>>380455439
Newfag
>>
>>380459741
Nothing can fix the Tales-like style of art and overall sense of generic laziness. I have a feeling this is going to be a huge blunder
>>
>>380459932
clearly joking retard
>>
>>380459934
Just like nothing can fix your autism
>>
>>380453747
No. But it's okay because Nintendo does it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.