[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORIGINAL XBOX 'DUKE' CONTROLLER RETURNS FOR XBOX ONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: xbox hueg.png (178KB, 720x472px) Image search: [Google]
xbox hueg.png
178KB, 720x472px
>Gizmodo reports that Hyperkin is making a replica of the 2001 "Duke" controller, which can be used via a nine-foot cable with Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

>The controller is almost an exact copy of the "Duke," including the black and white buttons, which are likely mapped to what we now know as the left and right bumpers. There are, however, slight improvements with the large static Xbox logo in the center of the controller being replaced with an LCD screen that displays an animated logo instead.

>We are yet to see a price or release date for the oversized controllers, but Hyperkin has said they will be 'limited edition,' so if you're after the trip down memory lane you'll want to keep your eyes peeled.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/12/e3-2017-original-xbox-duke-controller-returns-for-xbox-one
>>
>>380451724
>Hyperkin
Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>380451724
>Windows 10 PC
The OG controllers were just modified usb ports. You can literally buy dongles that connect to the break away point that will allow a standard usb connection. Or snip the end and do it yourself. This already existed except for the shitty screen I guess.
>>
>>380451724
why
>>
>>380451724
>large static Xbox logo in the center of the controller being replaced with an LCD screen that displays an animated logo instead
Gee that totally is not going to drain the fucking battery lickety-split , nor is it going to be a constant distraction at all times
>>
i spliced my S controller with a usb
and it worked great
until windows 10 installed itself on my pc
now i can't get drivers for it
i'd kill 4 children for a functional, wireless duke controller for my pc though

babby hand bitches can't suck a nut
the duke was perfect
>>
>>380451724
>there are improvements
>the logo is an LCD and animated now
>this is considered an improvement
Priorities
>>
>>380452232
its a fucking wired controller dipshit
>>
>>380452915
>battery life now equal to a PS4 controller
>>
File: Twitch - haHAA.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Twitch - haHAA.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>>380452756
>gigantic button in the center that serves one function
>perfect
>>
>>380451724
>keeping the black and white buttons
What the fuck is the point of this? No one asked for it, and no one liked that controller anyway
>>
>>380451724
I never had any issues with the Duke.

Maybe because I'm not a manlet.
>>
>>380451724
Fuck yes
>>
Can't Nuke the Duke.
>>
why
>>
Only fat fuck amerisharts liked this piece of shit controller
>>
>>380453047
>Button serves a function

Now who's being naive?
>>
>>380453929
Manlet detected
>>
>>380453206
It's not how big the controller is, its the retarded layout of the buttons and the sticks. All they're doing is remaking a terrible design without fixing any of the real problems with it.
Even if they fixed the issues with this controller, what would be the point? The 360 controller does whatever they would do.
This entire thing serves no fucking purpose other than for MS to burn more money and complain when no one buys their shit.
>>
Yes but does it take memory cards? Asking for a friend.
>>
I found an original duke sealed on ebay last year. Bought it right away, m S controller is worn out as fuck and the third party one I bought broke after 3 months.
>>
One of my favorite controllers, most other ones are small as shit.
>>
I dont mind the size of the duke controller. Overall it was pretty great for its time. I think they should include bumpers though. Too many games these days have things like a "weapon wheel" which would be a pain in the ass to use black/white buttons for. The bumpers are objectively superior to the black/white buttons.
>>
>>380454570
I dunno, it's a shitty controller but it has some novelty value.
Microcock trying to use nostalgia is so rare that why the fuck no.
>>
>>380453929
What is the matter, do you have Trump hands, friendo?
>>
>>380455824
Hahahaha. Excellent post!
>>
>>380451724
Handlets BTFO
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.