[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yea that Nintendo conference was crazy and all, but get this:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: pf2dvg4cfdm.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pf2dvg4cfdm.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Yea that Nintendo conference was crazy and all, but get this:
How much crazier would it have been if all the 3ds game announcements were for the Switch instead?

Seriously why are they still giving this thing attention?
>>
Cause the system still sells like gangbusters stupid
>>
Nintendo still want to have a budget gaming option for consumers. Learn to business.
>>
>>380447934
That's what next year's E3 will more than likely be like.
>>
>>380447934
because it has 70million global sales?
>>
This year might be the last year they focus on the 3DS, since its confirmed that Game Freak is developing a new game for the Switch so I doubt they will make another game for the 3DS after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon releases

The Metroid 2 remake is also fine but its just a remake running on the same engine as that Castlevania for 3DS game so not that much of an effort
>>
The switch is too big to replace the 3ds
>>
>>380447934
I've been saying this since the Pokemon direct.
The dev teams working on 3Ds titles could have been working on Switch titles.
More first party games, means more console sales which is an upwards spiral to console success.
They are missing out.
Reggie actually had a speech yesterday about how it's important they keep supporting 3DS.
fucking retarded. Just make more Wii U games whilst they are at it if they think it's a good idea.
Fuck it, lets make a new game for the GameCube too!
>>
>70M units sold
>why do they bother making games
are you literally retarded
>>
>>380448805
How many sales did the ps2 have? Surely is enough to keep supporting it
>>
>>380448372
>The Metroid 2 remake is not that much of an effort
It's been in development since 2014. Quite the effort if you ask me.
>>
>Why do they sell games to those that own the system with the larger username rather than the shitty gimmick console that nobody wants to buy?
I'm baffled
>>
>>380447934
>>380448784

The 3DS titles coming out now are all wrap-ups. Stuff that started development in 2014 - 2015.

Nobody's making actual new games for the 3DS, Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun will be the last ones. Same thing happened with the DS, and the GBA before it, this is nothing new.
>>
Cause the lower price point and extra portability appeals to a different consumer base?
>>
>>380447934
>why are they making games for this handheld lots of people have
Just wait for the Switch to actually take off before the 3DS dies if it even does
>>
>>380448879
Is there a new handheld Nintendo system thats as portable as the 3ds? No? Then I guess its still a viable system cuck.
>>
Anyone feeling like the New 2DS might go the way of the GBA Micro?
>>
So I can download them from the freeshop
>>
>>380449153
Swich is the new nintendo handheld system. At best they'll release an eventual mini Switch with no dock and better battery life with reduced size.
>>
>>380448879
The last ps2 game was released in 2014, 14 years after the console came out and 1-2 years after it was discontinued.
>>
>>380447934
>Seriously why are they still giving this thing attention?
1. All these games have been in developer for the 3DS for some time.
2. People want to see games that are built from the ground up to be on hardware of similar power. Not just a resolution bump from 240p to 720p-1080p.
>>
They should really just put that Metroid on Switch too and maybe I'd actually buy one this year. I don't care what it looks like, Peace Walker was still fun and it looked like shit compared to MGS2 HD and MGS3 HD.
>>
>>380447934
Probably because there are millions of units sold and Japan is handheld central. I still think this is the final swan song for the 3DS before a successor is announced or the Switch completely takes over. I expect we'll know by this time next year.
>>
>>380447934
The 3ds is the only worthwhile system on the market.
>>
>Only two games announced
>Both are remakes of old games
I think that's a sign that they're going to phase it out soon. In the meantime, I'll enjoy pirating them.
>>
>>380447934
the New 2DS XL is going to be paid online and no-region locking just like the Switch
>>
>>380447934
I'm in the same boat. I hope they port all the games to the Switch after a while.
>>
>>380449597
I'd be down for no region locking, bloody gooks
>>
>>380449597
I seriously doubt that, it will probably be the same network at the other 3DS games.
I wish the 2DS was just gonna be $100 though, I'd buy it in a minute.
>>
>>380448061
>gangbusters

That word is just nasty as fuck.
>>
File: pocket monsters.jpg (70KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pocket monsters.jpg
70KB, 800x600px
>>380447934
Why do Switchcucks believe they are entitled to games?
>>
65 million units sold

Switch 2.5 million sold
>>
>>380451098
Exactly. OP acts like if he were running Nintendo he wouldn't do the exact same thing. Only a fool would ignore the money potential built in to 65 million 3ds owners.
>>
>>380451007
>Costs 900 dollars
>Implying it doesnt deserve games
>>
>>380451460
>900 dollars
It's $1,600 you cuck.
>>
>>380447934
All these 3DS games were probably in development before Switch dev kits were even available.
>>
>>380449305
>Swich is the new nintendo handheld system.
it's not you fucking retard
>>
File: 1447428353826.jpg (30KB, 280x422px) Image search: [Google]
1447428353826.jpg
30KB, 280x422px
>>380447934
3DS
the entire 3DS library and the entire DS library, free online.

Switch
a handful of games, no backwards compatibility, paid online.

a better question would be why should i buy a Switch?
>>
Fuck anyone that doesn't like the 3DS or chooses the stupid Switch over it.
>>
>>380451338
Metroid samus returns

Mario & luigi

Are first party games

Pokemon and FE 2nd party games

Nintendo obviously want games to sell the new 2ds xl in July
>>
>>380447934
Some games don't sell systems but sell well by themselves if they are released on a console with big installment base. It makes more sense to release these games for the big console instead.
>>
btw has there been any kind of confirmation of the new 2ds battery life?
if it's better than the new 3ds then i'm selling mine to buy the new 2ds
>>
...because the Switch isn't an alternative?

The switch ain't a good alternative as a handheld to the 3DS. It's big, it's expensive and it has a shittier battery life. I understand you want the Switch to succeed, but it takes more than bringing whatever the 3DS had to that.
>>
>>380447934
because there is a lot more people with a 3ds and selling games makes them more money vs selling consoles
>>
>>380451836
Yes in fact it is.
>>
File: 1392443073993.jpg (5KB, 96x125px) Image search: [Google]
1392443073993.jpg
5KB, 96x125px
>Switch users finally have games on the horizon for their console
>Still shitfling endlessly at the 3DS and WiiU
Why is this fanbase so cancerous?
I just want to have comfy WiiU threads again.
>>
>>380450646
Agreed
>>
>>380454883
no it isn't it's a home console you can take on the go
>>
>>380454972
Or a handheld that you can plug into your TV. It's both things. Nintendo created the Switch with the idea of merging both departaments, and the announcement of mainline pokemon already moving to Switch pretty much re-comfirms that Switch is the replacement of WiiU AND the DS/3DS line.
>>
>>380454960
You know it's false flagging shit posters who want Nintendo to drop 3DS support so they can go "Ohhh! But they said the Switch wasn't replacing the 3DS!" right?
>>
>>380455379
They always say this with all their new consoles. Only underages think that Switch isn't gonna replace the 3DS, and btw that's a good thing. We are already in the process while big titles like Pokémon are being moved to the new handheld (Switch). An unified platform is what Nintendo should've done years ago.
>>
Sorry, you won't get parents to buy $300 handhelds to their kids
>>
File: 1428000506837-0.png (21KB, 116x178px) Image search: [Google]
1428000506837-0.png
21KB, 116x178px
>>380455379
The 3DS is getting abandoned for the Switch, eventually, Nintendo makes those statements because they usually coeexist for some some amount of time during the early adoption phases.
>>
>>380449331
>look it up expecting something cool that might be fun to play
>fucking sports game
I don't know what I expected.
>>
The amount of bitching for the announcements made is all sorts of ludicrous. One of the major huge complaints that fans always fling at Ninty is the fact that they never support their previous platforms at the end of their lifetime and that they now have a useless console. And the one fucking time, ONE FUCKING TIME, they justify their hardware and let you invest more time into it before you are ready to buy the next big thing, which is always the source of bitching about the lack of games on the old thing, everyone is acting like Nintendo just killed their dogs while raping their moms and having you watch. Its insufferable, and a true blight to the community. I personally had and still have no plans to buy a switch till next year when its more affordable, and find the idea of having some extra new games to tide me over perfect. And lastly, how the fuck is Ninty gonna port over games without reworking the lack of a dual screen? Graphics I can see is a non starter arguement as if Capcom can do the work for MonHun XX then surely its a piece of cake for Nintendo, but the way the games work with the 2nd screen is a big bump in the road.
>>
>>380447934
why do you hate free games, op?
>>
>>380448879
the last ps2 game came out like 2 years ago
>>
Its the budget option for gamers and its the only platform to see significant growth in the last year.

Horsepower is not the driving factor behind sales.
>>
>>380447934
They're not, all the games we know about are being released in 2017, with nothing lined up for 2018. Games like the new 2D Metroid are probably older projects that aren't worth moving to the Switch, so they might as well be released while the 3DS is still alive instead of taking up more resources.
Sales are also slowing down in favor of the Switch and third party support is getting scarce, Nintendo will slowly throw the 3DS under the rug as Switch production ramps up.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.