[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i start playing this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: e1a14ee7.jpg (152KB, 1500x845px) Image search: [Google]
e1a14ee7.jpg
152KB, 1500x845px
So im interested in playing this trilogy, where to begin? release order? considering i heard Clear Sky is bad.
also heard they're buggy af, so what essential mods do i need to use before playing?
>>
>>380443389
play them in order. clear sky isnt bad, its just like 80% of the maps are recycled from the original.
>>
SoC -> clear sky -> CoP

grab the unofficial patch for the first two and it really is all you need
>>
>>380443389
Do yourself a favor and play SOC with Oblivion lost or Zone Reclamation. Don't do complete, it's utter shit and fucks with the game balance. For Clear Sky I recommend Yoctosfera, it's a mega-mod with tons of good improvements. Vanilla sucks because bullet damage is reduced to a dice-roll. And top it all off, since you'll be good at the game after the first to and play misery for COP. It's legit the best way to play the last game
>>
i played all of them vanilla and it wasnt as bad as people say
>>
You can do all of them vanilla. They've been patched a couple times over the years, just make sure to play Shadow of Chernobyl first
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>380443389
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

>>380444093
most of the "vanilla's bad!!" claims are LITERALLY 10 years old whine posts from the times before patches.
>>
>>380443717
>recommending OL
>2017
jesus christ...

>Vanilla sucks because bullet damage is reduced to a dice-roll.
Wrong.
>>
>>380444736
Every single one of you faggots has a different opinion on what mods to use, what's trash, what isn't. By this point fuck it, load up a mod and let some retard on /v/ go fuck himself until either you hit a bug or decide to load up another
>>
File: 979839477766951999.jpg (35KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
979839477766951999.jpg
35KB, 500x372px
>>380443389
>i heard Clear Sky is bad
>believing in memelords
The game is great, not as good as CoP and it has its flaws, but it's still worth playing.
>>
I think ill go vanilla then with few graphical mods on my first playthough cheers everyone.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.